Will Gado start when Fisher returns?

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we're all excited about the greta game Gado had this week and the very nice one he had last week but if Fisher can come back next week who gets the start?

Gado doesn't know the whole offense yet. He laid two on the ground yesterday, luckily we recovered both. He's not as good at picking up the blitz as he could be yet. His receiving skills are yet untested.

Fisher hasn't shown the production that Gado has. He doesn't seem to have that push that Gado has when trying to get an extra yard.

Gado on the plus side. Best production of a GB RB in a long time although the Falcon run defense is not very good. He has the ability to push the pack for extra yards. Very dedicated, he's been taking extra learning time with Bennett in the AM. Maybe this isn't important and maybe it is but the team seems to love him and he is a very humble person. A breath of fresh air after hearing from TO the last few weeks.

Fisher on the plus side. He knows the entire offense, which would be a relief for Bett with all the traffic directing he already has to do on most plays. Very good pass catching skills. Can pick up the blitzer, at least better than Gado at this point.

I think Gado should keep the starting job. Fisher, if healthy, would probably be a good passing down back.

What do you think?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you are right on ravage. Fisher has always been nothing more than a "third down back". Gado's fumbles do concern me! Can't we get a back that doesn't lay it on the carpet.

OP
OP
R

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing about Gado is that he's very inexperienced. Those fumbles may come more from that than anything. I'm hoping so.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta love what the kid is doing. Hey, he missed a few reads, and he dropped the ball twice (but also recovered them), but that is more from lack of experience than anything. He will only improve. I notice he really wraps the ball up with both arms when contact is imminent...and he likes to deliver the hit as well. His push at the goal line was a thing of beauty.

Yes, he will start over Fisher as he appears to be a beter pure runnerwho will only get better with seasoning.

Now, imagine the RB situation next year. Re-sign Davnport for a friendly contract number, Gado in the mix, and draft another somewhere around rounds 2 - 3, and we have a nice group to work with!

Favre looks better than he hasin years...his escapability is phenomenal and the workouts appear to have borne fruit.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe they are about even. 3rd string backs. Right now the line seems to open a few holes up so who's to say how our # 1 ans 2 backs would have done yesterday. Gado right now seems to take more hits(25 carries) than Fisher can endure. In the current situation I would have Fisher as the third down back.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My favorite thing about Gado is how he hands the ball to the referee after scoring. No special celebration dance.....just like high school.....very refreshing.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Gotta love what the kid is doing. Hey, he missed a few reads, and he dropped the ball twice (but also recovered them), but that is more from lack of experience than anything. He will only improve. I notice he really wraps the ball up with both arms when contact is imminent...and he likes to deliver the hit as well. His push at the goal line was a thing of beauty.

Yes, he will start over Fisher as he appears to be a beter pure runnerwho will only get better with seasoning.

Now, imagine the RB situation next year. Re-sign Davnport for a friendly contract number, Gado in the mix, and draft another somewhere around rounds 2 - 3, and we have a nice group to work with!

Favre looks better than he hasin years...his escapability is phenomenal and the workouts appear to have borne fruit.

Yes you are 100% right on this guy !! I think he deserves the starting spot, lets see him next week against the queenies.. Hope the best for him and the whole team !!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Fisher but how can you not start Gado with the way he has been performing. Gado seems to be a class act too. We can Run the Ball over 100 yards now. :D

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fisher = shotgun passing situations as a blocker and maybe 3rd and longs for recieving purposes

and maybe carries here and there to give Gado some rest here and there

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think Fisher is too valuable as a 3rd down back. He picks up blitz great, he catchs good and he's reliable. I don't know how effective he would be under constant pounding.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly hope Gado gets the start. Fisher hasn't proven himself. Gado has done much better.

I concur with everyone here that we should use Fisher as a situational back.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both the Milwaukee and Green Bay papers were reporting this morning Gado is likely to continue as the starter and Fisher will return to the third-down back role.

I think this could signal the end of A. Green with the Packers, if a journeyman can produce more than he did. The move to Scott Wells at guard helped, too.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your 2nd paragraph is dead on Net...if you get a good line (easier said than done, but wells is an improvement), you don't need an aging rb who is declining in ability and likely going to demand a hefty pay check.

With that said, I don't know that Gado is the answer for starter.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
you don't need an aging rb who is declining in ability and likely going to demand a hefty pay check.

It's highly unlikely that Green will get a hefty paycheck anyway with the injury he suffered. It's clear his market value as a player has diminished. No one really knows where he'll be at next year.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is the thing about Gado he is 23 he is fast 4.43 I believe and he has tremendous upside. As far as Sherrman ****** him for putting the ball on the ground Well how many times did green do it?? I think that with Gados upside you give him the start and see how he does

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we have 7 more games to see what Gado can do, that should be sufficient. Not that I'm giving up on the season, but this is a perfect situation for him and the Packers. See what he has, more leverage for the Pack regarding Green, and a chance to work some guys into the lineup via outright shuffling or injury. Not all running backs are blue-chippers coming out of college, so a feature back might be in the cards in the draft, even if it is not Reggie Bush.
Hammer

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts