1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Will Ferrell and Adam McKay.. Classy move.

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Dang it.. I broke my word and posted before the evening.. but felt this was a good story.. Probably didn't take them much effort.. but I am sure that it makes a difference for this young man.

http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/16810361.html

Crandon Shooting Survivor Receives Unexpected Gift from One of Hollywood's Biggest Stars

PICKEREL, Wis. (AP) -- Comic actor Will Ferrell and his writing partner, director Adam McKay, are making a big impact on a Wisconsin mass shooting survivor. They've sent him their well wishes, along with a package filled with movie DVDs.

McKay learned from a newspaper interview that 21-year-old Charlie Neitzel was using movies -- including his favorite, "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" -- to aid his recovery from the severe wounds and trauma he suffered last October.

Neitzel pretended he was dead after being shot three times as an off-duty sheriff's deputy killed six others at a post-Homecoming party in Crandon.

In an online message, McKay told Neitzel he wrote and directed "Anchorman," and he and Ferrell would be sending him a care package.

The package arrived at Neitzel's home in Pickerel late last week.

Neitzel says he can't believe the two have contacted him as he continues what he calls his never-ending schedule of surgeries and rehab. He's now able to walk without support, and he says his right leg is regaining muscle.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It might have not taken much for them to do that, but if more hollywood and sports stars would do that kind of thing, it would mean alot to the people they do it for!
    This young man obviously appreciated what was done!
    A little thing like that can lift the spirits of one who is going through a tradgedy.
    PROPS to those guys!!! :D

3. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I think alot of actors do do things like this. It just doesn't reach the media.

4. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome, makes me like Will even more!

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup......Ferrell is a cool cat.
    (Get it??? "Ferrell cat???") :wink:

And yes....i know it's spelled diferently! :lol:

6. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
  7. mkapp

mkapp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    why cant more celebs use their fame and money for good? Will Ferrell is a class act, imo.