Will Favre be next to leave?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the Green Bay Press Gazette:

"Chris Havel
Will Favre be next to leave?

Mike McCarthy wants the Green Bay Packers’ new defensive coordinator to possess “passion, experience and (be) someone who fits in the direction we’re going.â€

MSMOLLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is not encouraging at all :( and if it is the case why announce it publicly? I hope that TT has been in contact with Brett more recently than 2 weeks ago

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is focking ridiculous. If they don't want Favre to return, they have lost me. Bates spoke to Favre when he just THOUGHT he might have the job. McCarthy hasn't spoken to him since he GOT the job.

I'm starting to think that MM is really just a puppet for TT.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I flockin' told you so....

(but it's all just a vast, Favre-related conspiracy..though..isn't it Tromadz...??)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66...Tromadz is about 20 years old, based on his idiotic posts. He doesn't appreciate Favre because he doesn't know anything different. He thinks Brett Favres grow on trees, whereas landing such an accomplished GM such as TT is the best thing since sliced bread.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wish some of theses idiots would just shut up and stop believing these articles that writers are putting all over the internet and wait until we here the answer from favre, or from the coach after speaking to favre

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, it's pure speculation on Havel's part, but I somewhat agree with the appearance of the way things are going (not that appearance really means anything). I do, however, think it's telling that MM is viewed as being some sort of QB guru (and here we have TT's first ever 1st round pick - a QB waiting in the wings) and that, despite statements that folks would like Favre back, the new head coach has not yet spoken to him.

You're right though, no one will know anything until Brett finally comes out and says whether he is or he isn't playing next yer.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I'm glad I got to see Brett play in person.

Ditto - twice, now.... at the Home Opener with the Bears in 2004 and then this last season against the Steelers.

Chris Havel said:
That direction, outside looking in, seems to be downward.

Not sure what it is that Chris knows but cannot say outright - I wish he'd quit this nonsense of alluding, and not verifying - guess it's time to write another email.... Maybe he'll then come clean in the next article. Or, is it just that he needs to fulfill his quota of articles for a given week(?)

Hey Pack66 - You sure you don't want Spiro T. Agnew's avatar in there? [GRin]

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPB, he can't do anything but allude, because there's nothing concrete coming from 1265 Lombardi Ave. Havel is paid to write articles regardless of whether there's a real story there.

One important thing to keep in mind regarding Havel is that Brett Favre has pretty much made his career. He's been Brett's closest confidant in the local media since Brett has been in Green Bay (helped him write the Favre book) so Havel has a vested interest in Brett coming back to Green Bay (for reasons other than the success of the Packers I mean) so I take anything he says with more than one grain of salt (though I do think this latest article is somewhat accurate based on appearances only).

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are correct - I "had" forgotten about him and Brett writing that book, together.

But, with access - comes learning and a respect by the Team for certain Media types. A good example would be watching MM give interviews and calling some of the Reporters automatically by first name. If you've watched, then you know!

I would give Chris Havel a bit more credit than several others who write for PackersNews - that's for sure!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
One important thing to keep in mind regarding Havel is that Brett Favre has pretty much made his career. He's been Brett's closest confidant in the local media since Brett has been in Green Bay (helped him write the Favre book) so Havel has a vested interest in Brett coming back to Green Bay (for reasons other than the success of the Packers I mean) so I take anything he says with more than one grain of salt (though I do think this latest article is somewhat accurate based on appearances only).

Yep, I've stated this numerous times.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I flockin' told you so....

Who'd a thunk it??? -- P@ck66, DePack and Bruce all in agreement.

Maybe World Peace is just on the horizon :D

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ahh yes...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Good times...good times...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66....you better hope not. If it happens and they finish with a better record than Green Bay, stay away from sharp objects.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tkpckfan said:
i wish some of theses idiots would just shut up and stop believing these articles that writers are putting all over the internet and wait until we here the answer from favre, or from the coach after speaking to favre

yeah, depack and pack66 love speculation, and love a good reason to hate people for no reason. Havel is the Ted Koppel to them. speculation is fun, isnt it depack\pack66

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts