1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Will Brett Favre retire?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by musccy, Dec 20, 2005.

?

Will Brett retire after this year?

1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No way!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Depends on Packers offseason moves

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not asking if you think he SHOULD/N'T retire, just whether or not you think he will.

2. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I really wish he stays but after his face on the sidelines yesterday I think he is out for next year.

3. Royston

Royston Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely not! Brett Favre is too young and deserves another shot at a Super Bowl.

Favre will be playing in 2006 but NOT in Green Bay.

4. sunshine

sunshine Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  5. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes he will play. And it will be in Green Bay. He will never wear another uniform.

6. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    DePack, I sure hope your right but I for one just don't know what way he is leaning right now.

7. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    He will retire in my opinion and he will never wear another uniform. He has given the Packer Nation over a decade of great football and has taken this team places it would have never gone without him. But I think he's not having fun and I think he's going to look at this team and realize how awful we really are. He doesn't want to learn another offense. So unless they hire Steve Marriuci, he will retire in my opinion.

8. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    No, I don't think he will retire. I believe he understands a lot of good/great players were injured which caused this poor season. And with Walker, Franks, and maybe Davenport coming back along with a few FA's and some high round #1 & #2 picks, the Packers could be very competitive next year.

9. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    He has talked about quitting for the last 5 seasons now. Instead of asking will Favre retire, maybe the question should be "Will Favre ever make up his mind?"

10. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    very true phil...although it after being bombarded w/ Brett retirement talk during MNF, I thought I'd pose the question.

11. WinnipegPackFan

Ratings:
    +0
    He has been asked about quitting and has responded which is different then "bringing up the subject about quitting himself". In another thread you felt I was nitpicking musccy but I do believe there is a big difference here and that is why I am sticking to my guns on this topic. No offence to you at all.

12. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I disagree. Favre keeps avoiding training camp and the first thing out of his mouth is how hard it is getting up for another season and how he keeps wondering if he really wants to play anymore. Don't take my word for it (right!) Go and look up his comments from this summer. Hell, look up last summers comments while you are at it.

13. WinnipegPackFan

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't have too Phil, I saw his off season training schedule for starters and the man takes his time with this decision every year as he really needs to feel he can give 100 % to the team before making the commitment.

14. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    winnipeg...when I said you were nitpicking I didn't mean it to sound so negative, I just meant that I didn't think whether he came out and said "hey, I might retire" or if he just gave ambiguous responses when asked...whatever the case he hasn't done anything to drown the mystery surrounding the date when he'll retire.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, if he honestly doesn't know, well then that's what he should, and for the most part has, said. However, he and MS can't get too upset that the question keeps coming up because he's never given an answer that the masses are satisfied with.

15. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I think not.
    First, he won't want to go out like this.
    Second, he knows with the guys coming back from injuries, some high draft picks, the cap room, and, a favorable schedule next year he can be a part of a turn around.
    He will want to be a part of that and it would be a much more befitting departure.

16. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i read brett wants to meet w/TT at the end of the year and decide if the pack is rebuilding, or if they are gonna make a run at a championship. so i feel that the decision to retire or play will be based on that conference.