Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on Packers offseason moves

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Royston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
I'm not asking if you think he SHOULD/N'T retire, just whether or not you think he will.

Absolutely not! Brett Favre is too young and deserves another shot at a Super Bowl.

Favre will be playing in 2006 but NOT in Green Bay.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will retire in my opinion and he will never wear another uniform. He has given the Packer Nation over a decade of great football and has taken this team places it would have never gone without him. But I think he's not having fun and I think he's going to look at this team and realize how awful we really are. He doesn't want to learn another offense. So unless they hire Steve Marriuci, he will retire in my opinion.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I don't think he will retire. I believe he understands a lot of good/great players were injured which caused this poor season. And with Walker, Franks, and maybe Davenport coming back along with a few FA's and some high round #1 & #2 picks, the Packers could be very competitive next year.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has talked about quitting for the last 5 seasons now. Instead of asking will Favre retire, maybe the question should be "Will Favre ever make up his mind?"

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
very true phil...although it after being bombarded w/ Brett retirement talk during MNF, I thought I'd pose the question.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has been asked about quitting and has responded which is different then "bringing up the subject about quitting himself". In another thread you felt I was nitpicking musccy but I do believe there is a big difference here and that is why I am sticking to my guns on this topic. No offence to you at all.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. Favre keeps avoiding training camp and the first thing out of his mouth is how hard it is getting up for another season and how he keeps wondering if he really wants to play anymore. Don't take my word for it (right!) Go and look up his comments from this summer. Hell, look up last summers comments while you are at it.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't have too Phil, I saw his off season training schedule for starters and the man takes his time with this decision every year as he really needs to feel he can give 100 % to the team before making the commitment.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
winnipeg...when I said you were nitpicking I didn't mean it to sound so negative, I just meant that I didn't think whether he came out and said "hey, I might retire" or if he just gave ambiguous responses when asked...whatever the case he hasn't done anything to drown the mystery surrounding the date when he'll retire.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, if he honestly doesn't know, well then that's what he should, and for the most part has, said. However, he and MS can't get too upset that the question keeps coming up because he's never given an answer that the masses are satisfied with.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think not.
First, he won't want to go out like this.
Second, he knows with the guys coming back from injuries, some high draft picks, the cap room, and, a favorable schedule next year he can be a part of a turn around.
He will want to be a part of that and it would be a much more befitting departure.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i read brett wants to meet w/TT at the end of the year and decide if the pack is rebuilding, or if they are gonna make a run at a championship. so i feel that the decision to retire or play will be based on that conference.

Members online

Latest posts