Will AR12 ever get another ring?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless of what his point was, it's impossible to overlook the collapses from the defenses in the losses in playoff games the past 8 seasons, giving up an average of over 36 points per game.

The big picture point is that we have to have a defense that can hold up under the pressure in the playoffs against the best competition in the league. I mean, if the goal is to actually get to and win a super bowl.
but the goal isn't to win a super bowl obviously, it's to stay mediocre. Nobody at 1265 Lombardi really wants to win. I watched every defensive collapse and each one is a different set of circumstances, but I'm sure the Patriots would have won without Butler, Logan, a few other depth guys, a linebacker or 2 off and on all year and Hightower with a bad shoulder. But I completely see your point.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You clearly don't get it Haha
you're right on that. I don't see how a claim of not being able to beat the bears or browns unless we score 30 has anything to do with the NFFCG games we've played in.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been proven a great ( AR) QB can't necessarily carry a team. Football,unlike basketball, requires more than one player to be a title team. The mere fact he got them to the NFCCG is a miracle in itself.

D

Deleted member 6794

as bad as it was at times, our defense kept teams under 30, 12 times. and if we just score the league average of 22 points last year we win 8 games so all of you estrogen laden drama queens can cool it on the histrionics LOL

Yet the defense gave up an average of 36.9 points against top 15 scoring offenses last season. Unfortunately that are the teams the Packers face in the playoffs.

but the goal isn't to win a super bowl obviously, it's to stay mediocre. Nobody at 1265 Lombardi really wants to win. I watched every defensive collapse and each one is a different set of circumstances, but I'm sure the Patriots would have won without Butler, Logan, a few other depth guys, a linebacker or 2 off and on all year and Hightower with a bad shoulder. But I completely see your point.

Wow, you're playing the Patriots lucked into five Super Bowl titles over the past 16 seasons once again??? Classy.

BTW do you realize that only three starters ended up on injured reserve for the Packers last season in Shields, Lacy and Tretter??? Way to go blaming the team ending up short of a title on injuries.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots are simply the best at taking advantage of situations. They should NOT have won the past 2 super bowls but the other teams essentially handed them the keys to the car, and they'll drive away with it every time. Extremely infuriating.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How true. Even the 30 wouldn't have helped last year. :)
well we only averaged 27 and still eeked out 12 wins
Yet the defense gave up an average of 36.9 points against top 15 scoring offenses last season. Unfortunately that are the teams the Packers face in the playoffs.

Wow, you're playing the Patriots lucked into five Super Bowl titles over the past 16 seasons once again??? Classy.

BTW do you realize that only three starters ended up on injured reserve for the Packers last season in Shields, Lacy and Tretter??? Way to go blaming the team ending up short of a title on injuries.
i never said the patriots lucked into 5 super bowl titles in the past 16 years. My stance has ALWAYS been every season stands on it's own and I've only been specifically talking about last season. and you didn't see a lot of good fortune for the Patriots last year? even just getting to the Super bowl? let alone the Falcons pulling a bigger flop than the 2014 Packers? You're smarter than that and I think you just want to argue again. Hence the putting words and thoughts down that I have never once said, nor implied. ANd for anyone still thinking this guy has interpreted me correctly, I am specifically talking about last season. That's it. Period. You watch it again and tell me Brady carved them up with laser guided passes. and then try and convince anyone that Falcons didn't just choke it away. LOL

and we weren't talking about facing playoff teams. If you think i'm arguing the defense was good I wasn't. I was merely pointing out some joker that said we couldn't win 2 games against the Browns or the Bears without Rodgers scoring at least 30 points. That was it. I think the point was rather clear, yet everyone wants to take it to mean whatever they want. No wonder the world can't get along

D

Deleted member 6794

I was merely pointing out some joker that said we couldn't win 2 games against the Browns or the Bears without Rodgers scoring at least 30 points. That was it. I think the point was rather clear, yet everyone wants to take it to mean whatever they want. No wonder the world can't get along

Well, unfortunately nobody cares about beating the Bears or Browns as the Packers won't face any of them in the playoffs.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately nobody cares about beating the Bears or Browns as the Packers won't face any of them in the playoffs.
And clearly that is the only expectation I have for this team:tup:.

You go the point of making up a line of thought for someone just so you can argue something and you're going to bust my chops for dubunking a chronic case of hyperbole because it wasn't about winning a super bowl?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe your suggestion that we don't talk about anything until the season should be taken a little more seriously. :) Not sure what a stroke looks like online, but it appears we might witness yours pretty soon, so just remember that this is a sports forum and counts for nothing in real life.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i never said the patriots lucked into 5 super bowl titles in the past 16 years. My stance has ALWAYS been every season stands on it's own and I've only been specifically talking about last season. and you didn't see a lot of good fortune for the Patriots last year? even just getting to the Super bowl? let alone the Falcons pulling a bigger flop than the 2014 Packers? You're smarter than that and I think you just want to argue again. Hence the putting words and thoughts down that I have never once said, nor implied. ANd for anyone still thinking this guy has interpreted me correctly, I am specifically talking about last season. That's it. Period. You watch it again and tell me Brady carved them up with laser guided passes. and then try and convince anyone that Falcons didn't just choke it away. LOL

The point still remains that the Pats have a good enough team to accommodate mediocre days from their QB and we'll collapse in similar circumstances. There's always the element of luck but still with a good team you can take advantage of the breaks that come your way.

Rather than being a team we've been over reliant on AR for about 2 seasons now. Injuries is not an excuse, just an effect of bad depth management.

AR (and the OLine) was the perfume on the pig that is the rest of the team.

Members online

Latest posts