Will AR12 ever get another ring?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you all think?

I frankly have given up trying to predict what TT will do either in FA or in Draft. We seem to be in a state of constant evolution, rediscovering ourselves....all while standing in the same place. Imo, it's really a big shame AR hasn't won the big one more.

He says he can play till 40, but let's assume he can give us 4 more prime years. Do you see us winning a ring within the next 4 years. Realistically?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you all think?

I frankly have given up trying to predict what TT will do either in FA or in Draft. We seem to be in a state of constant evolution, rediscovering ourselves....all while standing in the same place. Imo, it's really a big shame AR hasn't won the big one more.

He says he can play till 40, but let's assume he can give us 4 more prime years. Do you see us winning a ring within the next 4 years. Realistically?

Well we have been in the NFCCG two out of the last 3 years so it's not exactly out of the realm of possibilities. Nothings guaranteed though. Offense looks poised to break records imo but the D needs CBs. Can they get them? Can Randall/Rollins bounce back? Will a rookie step up? Will the guys be healthy come crunch time?

We'll be in the hunt as one of the front runners this year, next year and the year after that. After that it's hard to say with certainty who will actually end up winning the SB.

(I allready can see the replys.... "TT doesn't care about getting over the hump" blah blah blah "status quo" blah blah blah "Why aren't we the Patriots?" Blah blah blah)

Really this is just going to turn into another TT bashing thread. How many of those do we need running at the same time?

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No he won't as long as Ted is there. Ted doesn't realize you can't win with a loaded offense and a less than average defense.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR may win another SB but it won be with the Packers. The front office is more than happy just to make the playoffs. Packers have holes to fill at guard, rb, ilb, olb, and cb. Draft and develop will take too long to fill those holes and in the meantime other holes will appear kind of like the potholes on a Green Bay street. TT's drafting has also been waning so that approach can't be relied upon to give AR the team he needs around him to get another ring.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odds are against it, but odds are against any QB not named Brady winning another SB. Not saying he'll win the next 4 but it's a crapshoot as to who WILL. Rodgers is certainly a guy who COULD have the dice in his hands at some point. IMO GB is one GOOD WR short of where they need to be going forward. Line is thin, D is what we all know it is. COULD Green Bay get hot (and healthy) in the playoffs again like they did a few years ago? Yes!!! But are they likely to truly be the BEST team in the NFL (or even NFC) anytime in the next 4 years? Doesnt look promising right now.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Well Thompson's Packers have won one, so naturally it's impossible that it could ever happen again.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers are a legitimate contender to win the Super Bowl as long as Rodgers is playing on an elite level. Currently the team needs to be significantly improved on defense to win another title next season though.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Thompson's Packers have won one, so naturally it's impossible that it could ever happen again.
It could, but it's hard to see it happening this year. We have no Woodson, no Collins, Matthews is not in his prime any more. The offseason isn't over, but I can't see them winning the Super Bowl without a major improvement in the defense. They may take steps toward that, but they haven't taken them yet. Well, House adds a little badly needed depth, but he's not going to solve the problem.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Not while Ted Thompson is in charge. This team for the last few years has had the core pieces in place but to much unwillingness to take the necessary chances. Much too frugal and there seems to be no real sense of urgency. Its like Ebenezer Scrooge running a football team.

The team is at a crossroad and I don't believe the defense has improved enough to make a legitimate run this year. In fact the defense looks worse then last year right now if that's possible. Once again the success will be determined how well Rodgers can play and how well the rookies can as they get rushed into action. If Rodgers doesn't play all season with a near perfect QBR then they have no chance.

Maybe if they lose a lot this year they will get Thompson out of there and allow Elliot Wolf or someone else a chance to salvage whats left of Rodgers career. Might be worth it to have a losing season at this point.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe if they lose a lot this year they will get Thompson out of there and allow Elliot Wolf or someone else a chance to salvage whats left of Rodgers career. Might be worth it to have a losing season at this point.

While I agree it's time for Thompson to finally change his MO or he should be replaced there's absolutely no way I want the Packers to end up with a losing season to make it happen.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
While I agree it's time for Thompson to finally change his MO or he should be replaced there's absolutely no way I want the Packers to end up with a losing season to make it happen.

As long as they keep making the playoffs I dont see him being gone unless he decides to step down.

D

Deleted member 6794

As long as they keep making the playoffs I dont see him being gone unless he decides to step down.

I don't expect Murphy to fire Thompson even if the Packers end up missing the playoffs. TT will most likely be the team's general manager until he decides to step down.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't expect Murphy to fire Thompson even if the Packers end up missing the playoffs. TT will most likely be the team's general manager until he decides to step down.

well according to "Over the Cap" he has the Packers almost 28 million under the cap. Has any team ever won the Super Bowl I wonder with that much space available?

I know he has to keep some held back for rookies but this is ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 6794

well according to "Over the Cap" he has the Packers almost 28 million under the cap. Has any team ever won the Super Bowl I wonder with that much space available?

I know he has to keep some held back for rookies but this is ridiculous.

It's well documented that I don't agree with part of Thompson's work as the Packers general manager but I don't believe Murphy will fire him anytime soon.

Rodgers getting tired of TT's approach and forcing the president's hand to make a change is the only way I can imagine him agrering to such a move.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I am not a fan of Ted and I believe at times he should add a free agent or make some trades.

The loss of those defensive guys I see as addition by subtraction. You can look at it as he is letting guys walk away that are getting paid better or he is letting guys walk away that we're part of the defensive issues. Just because you hear about big name FAs, it doesn't mean that automatically makes us better.
What I don't agree with is the stupid 1 year prove it deals he has been doing as of late. Because when they do prove it, his cheap *** won't pay them so they go on to other teams. There are some team friendly 2-3 year deals he can do to keep guys when they do prove it and not sacrifice the team. He is always overpaying for guys who don't deserve the money anyway.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope smh. Biggest tragedy in Packers Franchise History. 2 rings with two 1st ballot HOF quarterbacks under Thompson. Im not kidding when I say TT is the biggest problem in GB.

Reaction score
Based on D points allowed, the worst ranked D to win a superbowl in the last 7 years was ranked 12th. The best SuperBowl Defense was ranked 1st (2016 Patriots). The average Ranked Defense for points allowed by a SB team during each of the last 7 seasons was less than #6 (5.7)
Fact: the last time GB won a Super Bowl our D ranked #2. Our opponent D (Steelers) ranked #1.
We are a healthy "A"grade Perimiter Corner and an "A" grade LB (luckily because of CM3's versatility) away from putting together a top 10 Scoring D. All the while needing to focus on a starting caliber RB and O Lineman and some good depth in several areas.
We are running under a quarter tank of petro and 50 miles from the filling station. It's time to refill now before we are all walking into town.

Members online

No members online now.