Will Aaron Rodgers finish his career in Green Bay

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, nobody is going to force Rodgers out. Second, nobody forced Favre to retire and then try to return after investing a whole offseason in Rodgers.

We don't know how those talks went. But it does seem Ted and Favre didn't get along. Ted could been pushing Favre to retire and causing him to really wonder if he should or not. Favre was probably asking for support and wasn't getting it.

I'm sure Rodgers will get just as tired of the same stuff and will probably ask for support. And if Ted wants to be cheap and stubborn. Rodgers could ask for a trade or not resign

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
According to your page it's 50% guarantee. If he can be cut after the season with no penalty as you mentioned, then I stand corrected. I would have assumed the greatest QB in my lifetime would have had at least some guaranteed money his last 2 years. This would further enhance the case for trading him.
You misread the guarantee but the point remains that to earn any money from the GB Packers after this season, Aaron Rodgers has to be on the roster. He has nothing guaranteed now as he got it all earlier in the contract. signing bonus is prorated only so many years per CBA and this contract exceeded that length.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't know how those talks went. But it does seem Ted and Favre didn't get along. Ted could been pushing Favre to retire and causing him to really wonder if he should or not. Favre was probably asking for support and wasn't getting it.

There is no evidence whatsoever that anyone was pushing Favre to retire. The actual evidence is 4 years of will he? won't he? drama every February. What you just posted is a common fantasy spewed forth without evidence by the TT hating crew.

I'm sure Rodgers will get just as tired of the same stuff and will probably ask for support. And if Ted wants to be cheap and stubborn. Rodgers could ask for a trade or not resign

And this statement is based on a false premise.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's far more likely to go elsewhere if they ever got rid of MM. QBs and coaches have a special relationship and he and MM are sympatico. That is something that is built over the long haul, not in 1 or 2 years with Coach Flavor-of-the-Week.
Disagree. He's far more likely to go elsewhere if MM remains the coach. There have been multiple reports of Rodgers being unhappy with MM's coaching decisions over the past few years. Namely, the NFCCG against Seattle. I don't think Rodgers has any confidence in MM at all and I don't foresee them both being together past 2018 at the latest.

D

Deleted member 6794

Disagree. He's far more likely to go elsewhere if MM remains the coach. There have been multiple reports of Rodgers being unhappy with MM's coaching decisions over the past few years. Namely, the NFCCG against Seattle. I don't think Rodgers has any confidence in MM at all and I don't foresee them both being together past 2018 at the latest.

While there have been several incidents on the field with Rodgers being unhappy with McCarthy I don't remember him ever criticizing the head coach publicly but mentioning that it would be nice playing his entire career for a single HC.

In addition MM giving up play calling in 2015 resulted in the offense struggling with Rodgers starting early single game. That should work as a cautionary tale for advocating to replace MM.

Bowman57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre single handily kept us from another super bowl, he has nobody to blame but himself. I guess he could blame Ted for his draft and develop since he drafted and developed another HOF quarterback to take his place LOL
He did the same at Minnesota, too...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts