Will Aaron Rodgers be great this year?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's certainly an intriguing point of debate. One can say that Rodgers is statistically the better QB than Eli. However everyone will remember that one play that Eli made to Tyree as the best play in SB history. Now let's sub in Rodgers for Eli, would Rodgers have made the same moves as Eli on that play?
I don't know. I know Eli did. And without him, they don't win it...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's certainly an intriguing point of debate. One can say that Rodgers is statistically the better QB than Eli. However everyone will remember that one play that Eli made to Tyree as the best play in SB history. Now let's sub in Rodgers for Eli, would Rodgers have made the same moves as Eli on that play?

Rodgers would have scrabbled for 60 yards instead of hanging back. :happy0005:
Like this but only longer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQWnv8BNOOA]YouTube - Aaron Rodgers 12 yard TD run Week 9 Green Bay Packers-Tampa Bay Bucs[/ame]

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
During the preseason last year one of the color commentators for the Green Bay Packers gave the viewers an insight as to what Rodgers did in the '09 offseason. He said that Rodgers hung out with Tom Brady at their hometown in California where he learned a few pointers from him. Tom told Rodgers to list 3 things that he would really like to improve upon and focus on those things throughout the course of practices. I believe Rodgers said that the 3 he listed were: the post route, footwork and throwing on the move. I think Rodgers showed us last season that he did work on those things. I'm hoping that he put getting the ball out quicker for this offseason.

My thoughts exactly. I heard the same story. Rodgers appears to have the same work ethic as Brady and he has better physical tools. His accuracy is second to none and he has a strong arm. When McCarthy was coaching the Pro Bowl a few years ago before Rodgers was starting, both he and Thompson believed Rodgers was as good as the Pro Bowl QBs at that time. They were right.

I actually believe the top 4 receivers aren't as great as they are cracked up to be. Favre and now Rodgers are making them look better than they are - much like the credit Freeman got when he worked with Favre.

The Packer future is very bright. I believe Rodgers will be one of the top 2 or 3 QBs in the NFL next year. I also believe the OL and defense will be improved and look for the Packers to go 11-5 or so, even with a much more difficult schedule than in 2009.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I laugh every time I read a report that said Rodgers wasn't very mobile and that Alex Smith was the "athlete" of the two...

What a freaking joke.

Rodgers reminds me A LOT of Steve Young.

I think that was his idol growing up. But I agree completely. They are so much alike as QBs.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not too bad.

Hopefully, this Rodgers story is about 15 chapters deep, and we are just in chapter 3.

You guys have no idea how badly I want him to win 2 Super Bowls (one more than Favray).
Brady won 3. Aikman won 3. I don't honestly think they are/were better passers than Rodgers is. But Aaron, and the TEAM, need to come up clutch in the playoffs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts