1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Will a running game emerge?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by rodell330, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Hype

Hype Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    call me a crazy but i would love to see TT pull of a trade for Steve Jax.....

St.Louis knows they are not winning a SB this year and this is the final year of Jackson's contract. Trade him to GB so he gets that legitimate shot at SB

2. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +622
    Give Alex Green a shot. 40 carries does not define a career. As he learns the position and gets his legs back, he'll be fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    That would be awesome but never happen. I wouldn't even want to know what they would demand for him

4. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    If I could have any runner in the game right now it would be Adrian Peterson. He is just good, and is showing excellent recovery from the injury he suffered.Also Arian Foster is tied for #1 with me.

However, I don't want to lose faith in Green for the time being, and Benson in the future. Benson was really showing good game. It always looked like he is SOOOOO close to breaking a big run. Hope he does make it back in December.

5. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,000
    I think we'll see more of Cobb in the backfield when Jennings comes back. At least, I hope so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jeffrogt

jeffrogt Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    remember the bears game?

7. burt packerack

burt packerack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Kuhn is definitely our most consistent RB but he cannot get more than 20+ carries. I would like to see Green one or two more games before I formulate an opinion on him. I would like to see him dance less and just find the hole earlier and get the 4 yards instead of trying for the home run on the outside.

8. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    ^ can agree with part of that statement....but Kuhn is a FB..lol

Alex Green does do to much east and west running when he should just focus more on running north. That dancing and side stepping crap can't happen in a confined space like he does it.....he needs to bull dozer his way for more consistant gains.....to many negative yardage running plays and minimal 1 or 2 yard gains. This wont keep any defense on it's heels waiting for a run. He IS NOT a run threat.

9. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +827
    One out of many. Fact is when Rodgers QB rating is 100 or below the Packers only win 35% of their games. So it holds pretty much true, hold Rodgers down and you have a good chance of winning. The Packers can't win by running the ball. It's not how they are built.

• Agree Agree x 2