Wilkerson NOT signing with GB

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FA Jimmy Wilkerson has signed a deal with KC to return to the Cheifs. I know there was some talk about him signing here and GB showed interest in him but it must have fell through.

No big deal as we have enough bodies at his position but there was discussion that possibly he could be signed to replace another player who the Pack could be using as tradebait.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i read a report ( cant find it now) that he felt more comfortable going back to KC..

but he was impressed with the packers when he was in for his visit

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070315/PKR01/703150561/1989

Wilkerson visited the Packers on Tuesday, a meeting Branion on Wednesday said went well. Though he has not started contract negotiations with the Packers, Branion said that could happen soon.

"I know he was impressed with his visit," Branion said.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Don't you think he looked at the GB roster and tried to gauge how many snaps he would get. Sorry but KC's line is not as deep nor talented as ours. One strength I think we have is depth on the Dline, our front seven on D is in pretty decent shape.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can never have to many Defensive Lineman in my opinion. I would've liked to seen him come in. It's not a huge lost like Justin Griffith was but he would of been there for competition and could've competed with Colin Cole for a roster spot.

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would he consider Green Bay over KC? Favre will be gone next year, the Packers aren't settled on a future QB, you have no RB, and the defense is below average. He has a much brighter future is KC.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Why would he consider Green Bay over KC? Favre will be gone next year, the Packers aren't settled on a future QB, you have no RB, and the defense is below average. He has a much brighter future is KC.

He signed a one year deal and is an unrestricted FA next year, he wants as much playing time as possible.

Chiefs | Team agrees to terms with Wilkerson
Sun, 18 Mar 2007 06:57:06 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Kansas City Chiefs agreed to terms on a one-year contract with DL Jimmy Wilkerson. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Wants to play as much as possible for FA next year... so the Packers didn't fail because of money, it was strickly he wants as much playing time as possible:)

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070320/PKR01/703200475/1989

Defensive lineman Jimmy Wilkerson might have left the Kansas City Chiefs if he hadn't sat out three games last December because of a hamstring injury. Instead, he signed a no-frills, one-year deal over the weekend and hopes to earn a more lucrative contract next season.

"It was the overall comfort and familiarity with everything there," agent Joby Branion said.

Branion declined to speculate whether an offer of a starting job could have swayed Wilkerson, who visited the Packers last week, to sign elsewhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts