wildcat?

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are peoples thought on incorporating the wildcat into the offense? Starks is supposedly a good RB that can catch well and was a former QB. So the ability is there but not sure. What do you think if he shows good all around ability? Does ability to run a Wildcat play now and then make an offense better or is it just too much?

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Not a chance. I want the ball in Rogers' hands every snap because he's our main threat. I feel the Wildcat is for offense's that can't dominate the run nor the pass in a highly effective manner, so they need to compensate. You wont see the Colts doing it with Peyton, and I dont wanna see the Packers doing it with Rogers.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Mccarthy would like to test it out. The Packers offense does get a bit predictable sometimes but it won't be a major incorporation. My guess is, they might run it once or twice in the preseason just to scare some teams. If it pans out we may run at the most 1 play of it in the regular season but I don't expect big plays out of it.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not in favor of it either. Our offense is effective enough as it is. I feel even attempting this gimmick style of offense would be a waste of time, and take our focus off of using our big playmakers.

bravesman18

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a chance. I want the ball in Rogers' hands every snap because he's our main threat. I feel the Wildcat is for offense's that can't dominate the run nor the pass in a highly effective manner, so they need to compensate. You wont see the Colts doing it with Peyton, and I dont wanna see the Packers doing it with Rogers.

I don't think there's any chance of it happening either, but the way I see it, there's going to be times when our offense struggles, and it can't hurt to have a wildcat package -available- to surprise the opponent from time to time.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score

C'mon man... its RODGERS!!!! lol

And we are talking about the Packers right??? Wildcat. and the Green Bay Packers dont go in the same sentence. I dont ever see it happening, its not Packers football.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
C'mon man... its RODGERS!!!! lol

And we are talking about the Packers right??? Wildcat. and the Green Bay Packers dont go in the same sentence. I dont ever see it happening, its not Packers football.

haha sorry man, Even the best of us write blasphemous things around Finals week with full time work :p . I'll try to only post when my heads on straight.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it cool with everyone on this forum if I spelled Charles Woodson with "S-U-P-E-R-M-A-N" ?

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
oh, i thought that was the correct spelling, like "Al Harris" is spell with a "G-O-D"

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The wildcat is for teams that have multi skilled players but not a solid QB. I dont even think we have the personal to run the wildcat to be honest.

The only time I would clamor for the wildcat would be if we were clearly outmatched in the superbowl and our only chance of winning was changing our game plan to something they never planned for. Rarely have I seen a team so unprepared as New England was when Miami used the wildcat on them a few years ago.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
As a surprise attack yeah, kind of like the onside kick no one saw coming in Arizona.

OP
OP
olwig420

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a surprise attack yeah, kind of like the onside kick no one saw coming in Arizona.

That is what I was thinking more. Like if we need something to get the momentum of the game back on our side. Something to throw of the D.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
We have absolutely no need for it. Why would we waste a perfectly good play on the Wildcat offense?

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we don't put a wildcat in. When you have Rodgers back there, you do want the ball going through his hands every snap. Starks out of the backfield will help our offense and give us something we didnt have much in Grant. A good recieving back is great, and I see no need for the Wildcat when we already have a pretty potent offense..

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree this wildcat is for week a offence and that aint us. i say if it aint broke dont fix it. a lot of teams that were using it are getting away from it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts