Wildcard Packers 49ers: Studs and Duds

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs Mulumbo continued to play hobbled til the end
Tramon was back to his old safe after 2 seasons
Eddie "beast mode" Lacy

Duds: Chat box crashed as the game ended.
Patron saint of injuries abandoned us again. 5 starters out after the game started?

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No dud really sticks out to me in this game. It was just a very well played tame that we ended up on the wrong end of.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well played game by two very good teams.

The one big mistake that jumps out to me is Bush letting Kaepernick get outside on the final drive. The play call was perfect and nobody was open, but Bush messed it up.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Jordy, Big Ed, Daniels, Tramon, House (coverage), Mulumba but a dud to whomever put him back in hurt
Duds: Perry, Jennings, Raji, O-line, Burnett, House (tackling and run defense)

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does Perry look like such a dead *** out there some of the time? Does he have no heart and a weak motor?

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Eddie Lacy, James Starks, John Kuhn, Jordy Nelson, Tramon Williams, A.J Hawk

Ehh: Offensive line (4 sacks, yes, but those were coverage sacks, run blocked well for the most part) Promise was shown from young defenders Perry and Jones, Dom Capers, Aaron Rodgers (didn't get 200 yards passing and everyone in that stadium knew they needed to come away with a TD on that final drive),

Duds: James Jones, Jarrett Boykin, Jarrett Bush, injuries again. Anything else with a J?

narmer2000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs...lacy, nelson, hawk, tramon

Duds ...James jones for missing two catchable balls, Jerrod bush, mm for bonehead play calling again near the goal line, bahktiari, and brad jones because he is brad jones

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs Mulumbo continued to play hobbled til the end
Tramon was back to his old safe after 2 seasons
Eddie "beast mode" Lacy

Duds: Chat box crashed as the game ended.
Patron saint of injuries abandoned us again. 5 starters out after the game started?
Did Mulamba not give up that first yard scramble to Kap on that final drive to the left? Gotta believe a healthy player, (even an inside backer) would have made that play.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Did Mulamba not give up that first yard scramble to Kap on that final drive to the left? Gotta believe a healthy player, (even an inside backer) would have made that play.
Yep but that play is an example of the toughness this team is looking to acquire. He should not have been on the field if he was injured but he didn't bench himself and looked to be trying. why was he out there anyway? We couldn't put a safety there or go 4-3, 3-3-5 on that series?

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Rodgers, Cobb, Lacy, Kuhn, Tramon Williams, and Mike Daniels.
Duds: Jarret Bush, James Jones, Brad Jones, and Bakhtiari

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kaepernick had more yards passing than Rodgers did, was 7-13 on 3rd/4th down conversions (Packers were 3-11 on third downs), and Kaepernick had more yards rushing than Lacy did.

It was Kaepernick's 2nd highest rushing total of his career. You all know what his 1st highest was.
And you all know what his 1st highest passing game was too.

http://packersinsider.com/?p=6230

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Why does Perry look like such a dead *** out there some of the time? Does he have no heart and a weak motor?

Perry missed an open field tackle on one play. I mean, saying he "missed" is an understatement. It wasn't like he got juked and couldn't quite wrap the guy up... it was more like he got juked and stumbled so badly he didn't even bother to move his arms in the direction of the ball carrier. He looked horrible.

After the tackle was made five yards later, I could see Perry walking back to the huddle shaking his head like, "Aw, shucks, I missed that guy..."

He was a 1st rounder? Wow. Just wow.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Studs
Big Ed Lacy: Nuff said.
Starks: He earned a bigger paycheck for next year this season. Probably not with the Pack, though.
Rodgers: Held the ball too long at times, but escaping that key 4th down pass rush was un-fricking-believable.
T. Williams: Nice to see his old playing self.
Nelson: Sure hands, like usual.
Daniels: Played well.
Mulumba: He's got heart. But, probably shouldn't have been out there at the end.
Bahktari: He ran out on the field after his concussion and played one more play before the doc grabbed him. Luv it.
O-line: In general, did a good job as far as I can tell against a monster DLine

Duds
McCarthy: Nice game plan for the first two series... NOT. Cobb in the backfield on 1st and goal? WTF? Horrible time management at the end of the 1st half. Left a timeout on the table when an extra play might have gotten us a TD. Not enough quick passes to Jones or Nelson which netted 4-5 yards each time. Screens to Lacy were too infrequent. Too many calls for long developing plays which put Rodgers in the middle of a relentless rush. Middle of field seemed open with both safeties playing deep, but it didn't seem like we tried much to go there.
Jones: Two misses on very catchable balls.
Neal: Another injury.
B. Jones: Who?
Burnett: Who?
Raji: I watched him repeatedly get pushed back and/or to the side by one blocker. $8M, really?
Perry: See my post above.
Masthay: Not his best day.

However, despite my whining above, I thought the Packers played better than I thought they would. 49ers are healthier than the Packers and are on a nice roll. Had Hyde held on to that INT on that last drive, Pack would have probably earned the victory. I have strong hopes for next year, if the injury bug finally moves elsewhere...

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of guys piling on Perry, I guess you people missed his sack. He may have looked ugly on his open field miss, he was also one of the our most effective pass rushers on the field.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: All the fans who were there who paid good money and supported our team throughout the cold.
Duds: Packers for not getting into the groove until the 2nd quarter.

Niners got their mojo going early which is why I think they beat us.
If we would have just scored one TD or FG early on, we would have won.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kaepernick had more yards passing than Rodgers did, was 7-13 on 3rd/4th down conversions (Packers were 3-11 on third downs), and Kaepernick had more yards rushing than Lacy did.

It was Kaepernick's 2nd highest rushing total of his career. You all know what his 1st highest was.
And you all know what his 1st highest passing game was too.

http://packersinsider.com/?p=6230
Far as I'm concerned, he is overrated until he wins the Super Bowl.
Which hopefully will be never.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like Kaepernick at all.
And I hate the Niners.

But Kaepernick has gotten the best of us, and of Rodgers, now 3 straight times including ending our season 2 straight years.

Hate him or not, but he's put of HOF games against us.
Rodgers has not against them.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like Kaepernick at all.
And I hate the Niners.

But Kaepernick has gotten the best of us, and of Rodgers, now 3 straight times including ending our season 2 straight years.

Hate him or not, but he's put of HOF games against us.
Rodgers has not against them.

LMAO WHAT? "HOF games"?! He had something like a 58 QB rating going into the 4th quarter Frank! lol
Take away just ONE of his long runs, much less his 98 yards, and it's a bad day, much less a "HOF game"! Kapernuts threw more like Randy Wright than a HOFer!

Rodgers was 2-4 in red zone efficiency. What was Kapernuts in this "HOF game" Frank? What about completion percentage and interceptions? What would you be saying if Hyde held onto that last one?

I'll give Kapernutsack credit for doing enough to win that game with luck on his side for a dropped int but HOF game?????? Yikes.

Members online

Latest posts