Wikipedia hates Sherman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 edits wikipedia!

You should see what it says about elephants.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman is thought of by many Packers fans to be one of the worst GM's in the history of the league. Several fans believe that Sherman is the main cause for a 4-12 season in the year 2005.

Do a lot of Packer fans really believe that? I don't think Sherman was a good GM, but I wouldn't even rank him near the worst in history. That's a little excessive, don't ya think?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman is thought of by many Packers fans to be one of the worst GM's in the history of the league. Several fans believe that Sherman is the main cause for a 4-12 season in the year 2005.

Do a lot of Packer fans really believe that? I don't think Sherman was a good GM, but I wouldn't even rank him near the worst in history. That's a little excessive, don't ya think?

My father would, but I agree that is excessive. I do think he was pretty bad as a GM. If you can't draft succesfully in rounds 2-5 then you aren't going to be successful as a GM.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet, just another way for some to keep MS's name around to blame him for everything bad that happened in Green Bay.

Old news, irrelevant news, but hey it's new and it's another chance to slam a guy who isn't around anymore so why not post it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Yet, just another way for some to keep MS's name around to blame him for everything bad that happened in Green Bay.

Old news, irrelevant news, but hey it's new and it's another chance to slam a guy who isn't around anymore so why not post it.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This reminds of the way Kim, Jong Il blames all of North Korea's problems on the USA.

Is Mike Sherman to be looked at with same respect as the president of the US?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Sherman, decent HC, terrible GM while being HC. Who the hell knows, maybe he can do GM great without another title. Who knows an who cares? He's gone, we have Ted and McCarthy now, lets move on.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A thread like this would be too easy to get everyone stirred up and posting wildly emotional stuff.

The contract signed with Joe Johnson and Cleditus Hunt.
Trading for Combs, Truluck, and away with Terry Glenn.
4 picks from the drafts 2002, 2003, 2004 remain with the team. 4 of 21 or 19% success rate of the picks that were not traded away.
Oh yes, the traded away draft picks to move up.....

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is stupid to slam Sherman I agree. However, when talking about the state of the GBPackers it's impossible to leave Sherman out of the conversation.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a joke........LOL boy o boy he sure is bringin the texans around!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman, decent HC, terrible GM while being HC. Who the hell knows, maybe he can do GM great without another title. Who knows an who cares? He's gone, we have Ted and McCarthy now, lets move on.

Agreed. Let's move on.

This is getting to be almost as bad as a 40-year-old who still blames his parents because he's a loser.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, I have a lot more respect for Mike Sherman.

Buckeyepackfan said:

This reminds of the way Kim, Jong Il blames all of North Korea's problems on the USA.

Is Mike Sherman to be looked at with same respect as the president of the US?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My father would, but I agree that is excessive. I do think he was pretty bad as a GM. If you can't draft succesfully in rounds 2-5 then you aren't going to be successful as a GM.

Yeah but his round one picks panned out too, I mean look at Ahmad Carroll

No I think wikipedia is right on, one of the worst game managing coaches of all time as well

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is stupid to slam Sherman I agree. However, when talking about the state of the GBPackers it's impossible to leave Sherman out of the conversation.

How many more years can we blame MS???? Just asking, 1,2...5?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when all his debt is erased and his stupid contracts are expired(KGB,etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts