1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

wiggins

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by billv, Aug 28, 2007.

1. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just saw that Wiggins got cut from Jacksonville I believe.

I got to think that Wiggins could help us out in some form at the tight end position.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    isnt Barlow also available. Barlow isnt great, but a nice third option would be nice if BJack and Mo keep getting hurt(and theres NO reason to believe they will)

3. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Isn't that the guy that Rouse 'rocked' the other day.

Maybe he's got bats in his belfry and is doing crazy **** now!

4. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wiggens was pretty good in Minnesota if I remember right. I would definitely take a look at him but I highly doubt anything really happens.

5. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wiggins was really good for the Vikings, at least for a couple years there. If he still has some of that ability, he might be a suitable stopgap until a good young tight end can be brought in, hopefully next year. Alcorn, Harris, and Humphries do not look especially promising anyway.

6. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah some interesting veterans might be getting cut in the next couple weeks.

Two guys I'm really watching closely are Michael Clayton of the Bucs and Mike Bell of the Broncos. Both of these guy would help us out a bunch.

7. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Franks was also pretty good a few years ago, but that appears to have changed.

8. Arles

Arles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you guys really think Wiggins coming in during the 4th game would be better than Franks or Lee (who have had a full camp with the system and looked solid)?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any likely options that would be better than Franks and lee at 1-2 in this stage of camp. Plus, I'd like to use the #3 spot on Alcorn and hold on to him for his receiving (like Lee was a few years back).

9. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No, I don't think he would be any better than Franks or Lee. But he could be a significant upgrade over Alcorn or Harris. The #3 tight end is bound to get some playing time due to injuries.

10. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Wiggins looks like an out-of-shape tub of lard...he always has had that body type but it looks even worse now. He looks like an offensive lineman instead of a tight end. I think that he got cut because he wasn't in any sort of playing shape.

11. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He definately could not hurt depth wise - but he has some miles on his body and has never been a great physical specimen. I do not see him being an upgrade over Franks/Lee at this point in his career.

I am more concerned about adding veteran/quality depth at RB.

12. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    wiggins has dunlap's disease

13. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the idea of Mike Bell!!

14. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wiggins is awful. He's fat and out of shape and the only thing he does well is take hits after catching 5 yard passes.

Also, I hate him.

15. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In last week's game, he took a hit after catching a five-yard pass, but that doesn't mean that's all he can do. I don't really know if he's any good anymore. But when he was with the Vikings he had good speed for a big guy, good hands, and he was hard to tackle.