Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I think McKenzie was hired there in 2012. I could be wrong.. He has had to undo all the things Al Davis did before he died.

man I didn't even know that. I really do not follow the Raiders and they aren't really talked about because of how little they do, you really only hear about them around draft time to see who can improve that team lol

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Raiders are now on an upward swing. A lot of young talent. I think they are a year or two away from seriously challenging for the AFC West title, but I could see them at around .500 this year. Broncos have peaked, Chiefs will be tough but are not near balanced on offense and Chargers are, well, the Chargers. Good, but never good enough. So imho, Reggie is getting them in a good place, using a tried and true Packer formula... Draft, manage the cap and then develop.

D

Deleted member 6794

My problem with this though is I think that Abby has a way bigger upside than White, Only reason white would make the roster is because he got more playing time. I would take a gamble on Abby because I think he will produce more than White. hopefully Mike & Ted make the right decision

I agree that Abbrederis has way more upside than White but he has to be able to stay healthy. It doesn´t do the Packers any good if he can´t get on the field. Unfortunately that is a huge question mark with him.

do you think Pinkard actually has a shot to make the team though?

I don´t think Pinkard will make the team but the Packers would for sure try to sign him to their practice squad if he clears waivers. Another thing to consider is the shoulder injury he suffered vs. the Saints. If he has to miss some times because of it teams would be reluctant to claim him.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im not convinced bringing jones back ahead of a young guy is a good idea... white, like janis, is a poor mans version of our star wrs. (jordy, cobb) then you got adams and montgomery who are beastly do all types... jones is slow...

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I agree that Abbrederis has way more upside than White but he has to be able to stay healthy. It doesn´t do the Packers any good if he can´t get on the field. Unfortunately that is a huge question mark with him.

I think he has just had a string of bad luck, I don't think he will have a problem with staying healthy but I guess you really never know. I would rather take a chance with him instead of going with a mediocre receiver that doesn't even know how to drive on a crossing route.

I don´t think Pinkard will make the team but the Packers would for sure try to sign him to their practice squad if he clears waivers. Another thing to consider is the shoulder injury he suffered vs. the Saints. If he has to miss some times because of it teams would be reluctant to claim him.

I also heard his shoulder isn't a big deal and he would play week one if he were to be kept on the team but I just cant see them keeping Pinkard.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
im not convinced bringing jones back ahead of a young guy is a good idea... white, like janis, is a poor mans version of our star wrs. (jordy, cobb) then you got adams and montgomery who are beastly do all types... jones is slow...

I don't even see the Packers going after Jones to be honest, I can't remember the last time we brought back someone that we let go, The Packers also rarely pick up players out of the free agency, I don't think it's the right decision to go after Jones obviously we let him go for a reason. give a young guy a change I think.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings picked him up from the Browns PS... oh well. Maybe the Packers should have kept him. :)

Didn't the Packers keep Boykin over Johnson? And Boykin is were?

Does that matter? One of your core six is still a Packer cast-off.

Nothing changes.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The list of ex Packers to Vikings and ex Vikings to Packers is long. Don't for a minute think it's a one way street. BTW, when does Guion get off of suspension?
OH YA??!!! WELL GUION NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED IF HE DIDN'T LEARN THOSE BAD BEHAVIORS AS A VIKING!!!!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Pretty sure he never had problems with the law until he was on the Packers! :)
Everyone knows the Packers saved him from a lifetime of crime and imprisonment awaiting him if he had re-signed with the Vikings! :eek:

DMANDTM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't even see the Packers going after Jones to be honest, I can't remember the last time we brought back someone that we let go, The Packers also rarely pick up players out of the free agency, I don't think it's the right decision to go after Jones obviously we let him go for a reason. give a young guy a change I think.

Watch some James Jones highlights from the 12-13 and 13-14 seasons. He's catching balls in traffic and with DB's all over him. He's picking up yards after the catch by reading the field and strength versus sheer speed. He had 73 receptions last year. We need that type of receiver too. I am really high on our young receivers and hope we manage to keep Pinkard, White and Abbrederis for the future. But since Cobb, Montgomery, Pinkard and Abbrederis all had some degree of injury so far, I think that JJ is a great fit.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

Watch some James Jones highlights from the 12-13 and 13-14 seasons. He's catching balls in traffic and with DB's all over him. He's picking up yards after the catch by reading the field and strength versus sheer speed. He had 73 receptions last year. We need that type of receiver too. I am really high on our young receivers and hope we manage to keep Pinkard, White and Abbrederis for the future. But since Cobb, Montgomery, Pinkard and Abbrederis all had some degree of injury so far, I think that JJ is a great fit.
Here's a 2014 highlight reel:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

There isn't much separation on most of those plays, but he looks like he can still go get the ball.

H

HardRightEdge

I may be for two intended cuts when suspension is over
That's possible. I think it more likely just the one spot to be filled after week 1 is being kept open, if any. If it isn't White for one spot, then you'd think they'd take the opportunity to bring in a guy they like for a few weeks of assessment. I'm sure a guy without a job at this stage would welcome an opportunity, however short.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You almost have to think that 2 spots were intentionally left open on the PS, one for White (knowing they were in the process of signing Jones) and potentially one for the guy getting cut after Datone serves his one game.

Members online

Latest posts