Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I see Abby on the PS. We already have Hyde to return punts, who was very good at it last season.

Same here, I think Abberdaris wont make the the 53. The injury history may play a big role in the decision making.

My problem with this though is I think that Abby has a way bigger upside than White, Only reason white would make the roster is because he got more playing time. I would take a gamble on Abby because I think he will produce more than White. hopefully Mike & Ted make the right decision

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
what did White do that was so great? He caught some wide open balls thrown his way as a result of extremely poor defense and the one time he was contested, he withered, like every other game. That INT in the redzone was a horrible play, and I'm more inclined to think that will happen again, then him facing such poor defenses.. To steal a phrase from the announcers last night, I think McCarthy found out he had what he thought he had in White. I think he will always be a PS caliber player, maybe a small step above and if he's in regular rotation for your WR you're in trouble

I agree with this 100% I would kind of be upset if he makes the 53 over Abby cause I believe Abby has a way bigger upside, I hope the staff see's it.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to agree that White is who he is, nothing special. He's a guy who can maybe make a living in the NFL as a borderline #5/#6/street guy who can be successful if he has someone like Rodgers throwing him the ball. Nothing wrong with that,but there's not a ton of upside there.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm afraid Abbrederis has a glass head and will never survive the NFL.

It's not that I don't like him; moreso that I'm concerned for his health.

White is "just a guy"; I'd waive him and keep Pinkard.

At least Pinkard showed some fluidity and speed after the catch.

Janis had some moments. Keep Janis, Jon-Luc Pinkard, Cobby, Davante.

Pick somebody (anybody) off waivers.

James Jones would be great.

Last edited:

Sky King

Reaction score
We'll see how TT and staff will lean on the issue of acquiring a vet versus jettisoning youth with upside. The latter seems to be the norm for the Packers with that occasional but rare exception. In TT's annual interview with Bob McGinn this Summer he indicated that he looks well ahead in building the roster. Picking up a vet would contradict that philosophy unless Cobb's injury lingers and ultimately forces the exception. Cobb's (quick) return is certain to have some influence. Other than James Jones, who out there would be able to hit the ground running in McCarthy's system? And besides, as of this moment Jones is not a FA.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Well it is going to be tough to find someone to replace Jordy Nelson for the season. But the team always finds a way to win.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Well it is going to be tough to find someone to replace Jordy Nelson for the season. But the team always finds a way to win.

I feel the same way, this team knows how to win and I will be confident with whoever they move forward with knowing I have Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
No, I don't think he will make the team but that 77 yard TD will undoubtedly impress someone. No way the Packers keep him on the practice squad

Yeah I think if they try and put him on the practice squad someone will for sure pick him up, someone that needs like a 4th or 5th receiver

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I think if they try and put him on the practice squad someone will for sure pick him up, someone that needs like a 4th or 5th receiver
Or, a team that is weak in receiver depth. That team may give him a shot. I don't know which teams lack depth but the Titans, Raiders come to mind

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
White is "just a guy"; I'd waive him and keep Pinkard.
At least Pinkard showed some fluidity and speed after the catch.
Janis had some moments. Keep Janis, Jon-Luc Pinkard, Cobby, Davante.
Pick somebody (anybody) off waivers.

James Jones would be great.
You don't like Montgomery?

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb, Adams, Janis, Montgomery - #1, 2, 3, 4 receivers. White #5

Rogers and Quarless will contribute more and Lacy with Neal will round out the guys Rodgers can throw to. I think Lacy had over 40 receptions last season.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The end of Pre season always bums me out. I feel so bad for the players that don't make the team.. They try and do the best they can but are cut in favor of those that do just a little bit better. For those on the bubble, it must be a most anxious time.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I know right? It's sad though, the Raiders had success for such a long time.. They had a real winning tradition there for decades

Yeah when they had Madden they were so good and now it seems like what ever they try to do with that team just doesn't work. my Grandpa is a Raiders fan so I tease him about it all the time :tup:

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah when they had Madden they were so good and now it seems like what ever they try to do with that team just doesn't work. my Grandpa is a Raiders fan so I tease him about it all the time :tup:
Perhaps with McKenzie as their GM (he came from Green Bay) They will improve steadily. I have many friends who are Raiders fans and they are just about done supporting the team. I remind them of Green Bay's 25 years or so of mediocrity.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Perhaps with McKenzie as their GM (he came from Green Bay) They will improve steadily. I have many friends who are Raiders fans and they are just about done supporting the team. I remind them of Green Bay's 25 years or so of mediocrity.

They finally got a new GM?
and I wasn't around for that time with the packers, the worst I have seen them do it 4-12 other than that they have usually had good seasons

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They finally got a new GM?
and I wasn't around for that time with the packers, the worst I have seen them do it 4-12 other than that they have usually had good seasons
I think McKenzie was hired there in 2012. I could be wrong.. He has had to undo all the things Al Davis did before he died.

Members online

Latest posts