Wide Receiver Options

D

Deleted member 6794

Ok. Then if that theory holds, Adams should have a nice production increase with the Raiders over his 2021 season with the Packers.

I’ll go opposite. I think Adams 2022 production wanes compared to 2021.

I expect Adams' production with the Raiders to drop as well because of inferior quarterback play as well as him being surrounded by better talent, resulting in fewer targets.

That doesn't contradict anything I posted above though.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect Adams' production with the Raiders to drop as well because of inferior quarterback play as well as him being surrounded by better talent, resulting in fewer targets.

That doesn't contradict anything I posted above though.
He'll be playing with Renfroe (sp?) and Waller, two very good receivers. I expect Adams to get fewer targets as well. And Carr is an above average QB but he's not close to Rodgers' class.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. Then if that theory holds, Adams should have a nice production increase with the Raiders over his 2021 season with the Packers.

I’ll go opposite. I think Adams 2022 production wanes compared to 2021.
i agree, but not because adams is not as good as we thought. it will be because he doesn't have the same relationship with carr as he had with rodgers. (i.e. carr won't be able to look at davante and wink and adams just knows what to do)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree, but not because adams is not as good as we thought. it will be because he doesn't have the same relationship with carr as he had with rodgers. (i.e. carr won't be able to look at davante and wink and adams just knows what to do)

I think folks downplaying the deep friendship between Carr and Adams are ignoring facts. Yes, he doesn't have the snap history with Adams, but I'd bet my house on the fact he and Adams have a deeper friendship.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, I was all in on Treylon Burks, glad we got Watson. It seems Burks came into Titans OTAs out of shape and overweight, how does one get out of shape from the combine to now? He will likely be okay in the end, but if we picked him and this came up we would never hear the end of it.
I didn't like Burks because he seemed to be viewed as a poor man's Deebo Samuel. Draft a WR to be a WR, not a RB. This was the problem with Ty Montgomery. I agree that Watson was the better choice. We'll find out soon.

D

Deleted member 6794

Adams put up huge numbers in two seasons playing with Carr at Fresno State. I fully expect them to have chemistry right from the get-go, but that doesn't change the fact Carr isn't as good as a quarterback as Rodgers.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams put up huge numbers in two seasons playing with Carr at Fresno State. I fully expect them to have chemistry right from the get-go, but that doesn't change the fact Carr isn't as good as a quarterback as Rodgers.
Yeah it's hard to imagine how Adams puts up better numbers than the last two years. Carr is not Rodgers, and the Raiders have another solid WR and TE. Then again, it's all about winning and I'm sure Adams will be ok if his addition gets the Raiders deeper into the playoffs. I don't know the Raiders very well outside of what I just stated, so not sure how legitimate they are for a run to the AFCCG, much less the SB.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read that on June 15th the organization could scale back the tender on Lazard if still unsigned? @captainWIMM or anyone else more knowledgeable on workings of salaries and tenders know?

Read that The Packers have to right to reduce the RFA tender down to $935K on June 15 if he is still unsigned.

Could we lower his tender and hence making him more "tradeable" to a team? Just curious how this works.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read that on June 15th the organization could scale back the tender on Lazard if still unsigned? @captainWIMM or anyone else more knowledgeable on workings of salaries and tenders know?

Read that The Packers have to right to reduce the RFA tender down to $935K on June 15 if he is still unsigned.

Could we lower his tender and hence making him more "tradeable" to a team? Just curious how this works.
That's interesting. I don't know why GB would want to trade Lazard, a capable WR and a good blocker. And he's arguably the best receiver on the roster right now.

Does anyone know what he's been offered? Just my opinion, but if I were Lazard, I'd sign a one year deal to show what he can do (or not......) with Adams gone. I'm sure he didn't get all the opportunities he wanted while Adams was around.

Currently I'd rate him as a #3 WR. He's gotta do better than that.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's interesting. I don't know why GB would want to trade Lazard, a capable WR and a good blocker. And he's arguably the best receiver on the roster right now.

Does anyone know what he's been offered? Just my opinion, but if I were Lazard, I'd sign a one year deal to show what he can do (or not......) with Adams gone. I'm sure he didn't get all the opportunities he wanted while Adams was around.

Currently I'd rate him as a #3 WR. He's gotta do better than that.

He just needs to sign his second round tender and that is like 3.9 million for this year - there is no point to signing him to a one year deal, there is one setting there.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard an interview with Lazard a week or 2 ago and it sounded like he's going to be here, no real conversation or thoughts about not playing in GB on the tag, he just hasn't signed it yet. So I assume they're working on a longer deal and if not, he'll just sign the tag and play.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just needs to sign his second round tender and that is like 3.9 million for this year - there is no point to signing him to a one year deal, there is one setting there.
Agreed. He'll still be plenty motivated. $3.9 mil isn't exactly chump change, but with the accelerating pay for WRs, I expect Lazard to be the most motivated receiver in camp and during the season. My opinion - he's got the best immediate opportunity. The rookies may pass him, but probably not this year. If you're a WR in GB, it's good to be Rodgers' favorite target.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can get out of shape over the weekend these days.
I don't know how old you are Mondio, but that's true for me too. It's not like when I was in high school and could get loaded on a Friday night and then run an 18 minute 5k track race on Saturday. Now I'd be too busy being hungover.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. He'll still be plenty motivated. $3.9 mil isn't exactly chump change, but with the accelerating pay for WRs, I expect Lazard to be the most motivated receiver in camp and during the season. My opinion - he's got the best immediate opportunity. The rookies may pass him, but probably not this year. If you're a WR in GB, it's good to be Rodgers' favorite target.

Agree, prove it and GB will easily be willing to pay you for two or three years...which would be mirrored by when Watson, Doubs and Toure contracts are coming up...the timing is everything.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree, prove it and GB will easily be willing to pay you for two or three years...which would be mirrored by when Watson, Doubs and Toure contracts are coming up...the timing is everything.
And with more targets (versus when Adams was here) Lazard will only get better.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't know the Raiders very well outside of what I just stated, so not sure how legitimate they are for a run to the AFCCG, much less the SB.

The Raiders play in an extremely tough division. I guess it will be tough for them to even make the playoffs.

I wasn't aware of it as well but just looked it up in the CBA and it's correct. The Packers can reduce the offer to Lazard to 110% of his paragraph 5 salary from last season on June 15th. With him having earned $850K in 2021 that would result in the tender being reduced to $935K.

Therefore I fully expect him to sign it before that deadline.

I don't know why GB would want to trade Lazard, a capable WR and a good blocker. And he's arguably the best receiver on the roster right now.

That's a scary thought.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Raiders play in an extremely tough division. I guess it will be tough for them to even make the playoffs.

I wasn't aware of it as well but just looked it up in the CBA and it's correct. The Packers can reduce the offer to Lazard to 110% of his paragraph 5 salary from last season on June 15th. With him having earned $850K in 2021 that would result in the tender being reduced to $935K.

Therefore I fully expect him to sign it before that deadline.

That's a scary thought.
Yeah the AFC West is tough. Carr is a pretty good QB but arguably the worst in that division - especially now with Wilson going to the Broncos.

Lazard as best receiver on the Packers right now? Yeah that IS a scary thought!

I know you're concerned with that WR group, as any sensible fan would be. I just have a hunch that Rodgers makes all of them play well past their pay grade. The only data point I have is Greg Jennings. He played well, I think he was the #1 WR for a year or two. Then he decided to go to MN and he wasn't very good and not long after got into broadcasting. It seemed Rodgers made him a much better receiver. I hope he can do it with these guys.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Jennings was a very good receiver. very disciplined, good hands and smooth. That was definitely a 2 way street between Greg and Aaron. They both made each other look good because they both were that good. He didn't do well in MN because he had a QB that couldn't get it past 5 yards without throwing it in the dirt. Christian Ponder was not good.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Jennings was a very good receiver. very disciplined, good hands and smooth. That was definitely a 2 way street between Greg and Aaron. They both made each other look good because they both were that good. He didn't do well in MN because he had a QB that couldn't get it past 5 yards without throwing it in the dirt. Christian Ponder was not good.
Yeah Christian Ponder was pretty bad. Did Jennings play for anyone else?

Latest posts