Wide Receiver Options

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason anyone chooses Cobb over Landry is due to the Rodgers factor as I eluded to in the first place, no one I repeat no one sees Cobb as a better WR at this point.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now you are going to speak for Mrs. Cobb?
Cobb's wife has a law degree I believe. She's nobody's arm candy in that respect. She's a working Mom who has it together. From what I see of him, they present one helluva great family image.

As a person - set football aside - I'd think they'd make darned good friends. Down to earth, and enjoyable to be around.

But, that's just my opinion.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That makes sense then, as IMO he was head and shoulders above the other FAs.

Reaction score
Our best bet might be to wait it out.. see where these current WR look in s few months. We’re pretty saturated at WR right now.

I sorta feel like we need to evaluate the 28 WR’s we already have before us. Then we can consider surpassing the 30+ WR mark. Maybe we can turn them all into backup QB, backup Safety, Backup Edge, backup OL, backup TE, etc.. :coffee:

We’ve got enough WR to start a new franchise.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Our best bet might be to wait it out.. see where these current WR look in s few months. We’re pretty saturated at WR right now.

I sorta feel like we need to evaluate the 28 WR’s we already have before us. Then we can consider surpassing the 30+ WR mark. Maybe we can turn them all into backup QB, backup Safety, Backup Edge, backup OL, backup TE, etc.. :coffee:

We’ve got enough WR to start a new franchise.
Pretty standard to have 11 or 12 WRs on the 90 man roster. The numbers are no different than any other year.

The question will be at the cut to 53. Will Gute keep 6 or 7 WRs? I think Gute will keep 7 and the following will be the 7: Lazard, Watkins, Watson, Cobb, Doubs, Rodgers, and Toure.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Gute will keep 7 and the following will be the 7: Lazard, Watkins, Watson, Cobb, Doubs, Rodgers, and Toure.

You're probably right. But unless Christian Watson comes out of the blocks like a Jamar Chase or Justin Jefferson, that is a pretty craptacular group.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You're probably right. But unless Christian Watson comes out of the blocks like a Jamar Chase or Justin Jefferson, that is a pretty craptacular group.
I disagree. If you are thinking Lazard, Watkins, and Amari are going to provide nothing you would be wrong.

Romeo Doubs is the most polished of the rooks and could be the biggest surprise early. Watson will start out as just a deep threat. But his impact will expand over time.

You can think the WR group is "crap" and then can have fun being shocked this season. Not sure how the negativity helps anything.

You sound like a Vikings fan TBH..
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
I don’t think so. Christian doesn’t need to put up 1400 yards Rookie season or anywhere close.

Watson is going to be very formidable long term if he can exceed 700+ his Rookie season.

I also think another WR besides him steps up big time. Meaning also 700+ yards (regular season) or near Davante type production added together.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can think the WR group is "crap" and then can have fun being shocked this season. Not sure how the negativity helps anything.

I would LOVE to be shocked if this receiver corps turns into something good. I wish I shared your optimism.

Reaction score
I would LOVE to be shocked if this receiver corps turns into something good. I wish I shared your optimism.
It’s not an ideal WR situation. That said it beats the alternative, we now have evidence that GB exceeded the offer made by the Raiders for Davante and he held a grudgeI mean.. didn’t accept it.

I think it sucks we lost Adams and MVS, but I’d much rather ~$36,000,000 per year (net) and a free bonus ILB Walker (including paid salary) as icing.

Just remember one thing.
Davante Adams Loves you!! :inlove:.
I know this is true, because he told me so after he picked up his new GF…. I mean landed in Las Vegas :whistling:

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s not an ideal WR situation. That said it beats the alternative, we now have evidence that GB exceeded the offer made by the Raiders for Davante and he held a grudgeI mean.. didn’t accept it.

I think it sucks we lost Adams and MVS, but I’d much rather ~$36,000,000 per year (net) and a free bonus ILB Walker (including paid salary) as icing.

Just remember one thing.
Davante Adams Loves you!! :inlove:.
I know this is true, because he told me so after he picked up his new GF…. I mean landed in Las Vegas :whistling:
I'm just not thinking about Adams anymore and I think we will be very good this coming year. In part because of the draft choices we picked up. Rookies that are going to contribute. Almost 3 first rounders and in positions that are going to help. imho. Call me an optimist if you like but I'm gonna believe it until they prove otherwise.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess I just don't understand all the fret and worry about our WR group. Their production is going to be reliant on how often Rodgers throws the ball in their direction. My suspicion is that in the first month and a half, guys like Lazard, Jones, Dillon, Deguara, Davis/Dafney/Tonyan, Cobb/Am.Rodgers will be targeted more frequently than we are used to seeing. So what?!?! If the offense is effective who cares if WR's get less targets/snaps? It's not like LaFleur can't/won't adapt his scheme and playcalling. My question is...... can Rodgers successfully and quickly adapt to the personnel changes we've seen this off season.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I just don't understand all the fret and worry about our WR group. Their production is going to be reliant on how often Rodgers throws the ball in their direction. My suspicion is that in the first month and a half, guys like Lazard, Jones, Dillon, Deguara, Davis/Dafney/Tonyan, Cobb/Am.Rodgers will be targeted more frequently than we are used to seeing. So what?!?! If the offense is effective who cares if WR's get less targets/snaps? It's not like LaFleur can't/won't adapt his scheme and playcalling. My question is...... can Rodgers successfully and quickly adapt to the personnel changes we've seen this off season.
I don't intend worrying about it either. Rodgers is one of the top QBs in the league. If guys are where they're supposed to be on the field, he'll hit them with the passes. If someone can't hang on to the ball, it's next man up. Pretty simple concept. Rodgers throws ball, you catch it.

Unless you see our passing game falling apart, not to worry. It won't.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the fret is mainly are they good enough to warrant the targets you are suggesting. That goes along with your question. Its the same question many of us have. Will Rodgers throw to them?

He will throw to someone that is certain but will he pick a new favorite or will he spread the ball around. Lets face it I don't think this group of WRs really scares anybody ( except some fans and not in a good way) and if it wasn't for Rodgers they would be even less scary.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the fret is mainly are they good enough to warrant the targets you are suggesting. That goes along with your question. Its the same question many of us have. Will Rodgers throw to them?

He will throw to someone that is certain but will he pick a new favorite or will he spread the ball around. Lets face it I don't think this group of WRs really scares anybody ( except some fans and not in a good way) and if it wasn't for Rodgers they would be even less scary.
Your question is a good one. But, because of the circumstances, they will be getting balls thrown in their direction, and they will make catches. LeFleur will make sure the plays used, and their design, work in their favor.

Reaction score
I think our offense can produce similar receiving yards as past seasons (or have the running game step up) if the rookies are ready, but I think we still need to sign a veteran free agent in case the rookies aren't ready, and if Watkins gets hurt.

We also need someone who can make clutch catches, someone who can step up in the passing game if we are behind as well as make catches at critical moments in the game.

It would also be good if we could get someone who is good in the red zone/catching TD passes if possible. Other than maybe Lazard, I am not sure who else can step in this area.

Reaction score
I'm just not thinking about Adams anymore and I think we will be very good this coming year. In part because of the draft choices we picked up. Rookies that are going to contribute. Almost 3 first rounders and in positions that are going to help. imho. Call me an optimist if you like but I'm gonna believe it until they prove otherwise.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I’ve been going back and watching some film on our draft class. I came across this one tonight. Chris Simms had Watson as a late riser and kinda sees what I see.

I did like he saw what I did with Jameson Williams. imo, Had he not had an injury? Williams probably goes top 5-10 overall area. His only minor slight for me anyway is size. Slighter frames receivers scare me some on the injury front.

I liked some other WR that we’re taken early. Yet I think they were also slight reaches due to demand. Several were more ideal Slot types that we didn’t need. Some have early injury concerns.

Watching Watson more and more just convinces me that given continued health and time to get comfortable? I predict he could be one of the biggest steals of the 2022 draft.
Watson is also a pretty good blocker and that will be what initially gets him more playing time. Once he starts rumbling for huge chunks? He’ll be an entrenched starter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I also think another WR besides him steps up big time. Meaning also 700+ yards (regular season) or near Davante type production added together.

You fail to understand that two receivers combining to put up the same numbers as Adams doesn't equal his production.

It's mind-boggling how many fans truly believe Rodgers just has to target whoever is out there playing receiver expecting the production will be on par with past seasons regardless of the talent level of the pass catchers.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's mind-boggling how many fans truly believe Rodgers just has to target whoever is out there playing receiver expecting the production will be on par with past seasons regardless of the talent level of the pass catchers.

A lot of it is based on a significant sample size when his WR corps is depleted he has still produced. I think it is equally mind-boggling to not see there is a valid reasoning that he still will based on his past. Now I will say if it wasn't for having Lazard and Cobb still here I'd be more worried than I already am....but in all honesty I expect his completion percentage to be down, especially early on as we will see him throw to the feet/away rather than risk interceptions more than past few seasons for sure - but I don't think Rodgers will allow a MASSIVE hiccup to happen production wise to be sustained. He never has.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am excited to see this year exactly that. Instead of over-targeting someone. One reason I do not want to sign Julio Jones or some other number 1.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts