Wide Receiver Options

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish they show more shots of Rodgers mug after he short hops one one third down to a wide open guy at the sticks. Last time Mr MVP played like one on a big drive in a big game? He needs to fix HIMSELF and stop whining about or blaming others - thats what LEADERS do

I'm 100% fan of fair criticism for all, sometimes that is Rodgers sometimes that is others - however some of the time these "short hops" I truly think are throwaways intentionally on his part. He is grossly too accurate of a passer to miss WRs sometimes as he does.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh goodie! I love fans that advocate being the extremely rare exception in how to win a Super Bowl! "There was this one team in the last 20 years that won a Super Bowl this specific way....why don't the Packers try and do that rather than the way the other 19 teams did it?"
That and...I'm going to go out on a limb here and say neither of them were paying nearly as much as Rodgers is getting paid by us.

Elway's cap number in 97 and 98 was roughly 2m and 2.5m, respectively. Both years that was right about 5% of their cap.
Peyton's cap number in 2015 was about 17.5m, around 12%.
Rodgers' cap numbers are 28.5m (13%), 31.6m (14%), and 40.7m (16%).

So, yeah, sure. You can win it with a great quarterback who doesn't have to "win it with their arm" or whatever. But that's far from justification for paying your quarterback a 50m or whatever AAV just to have him lead a run-heavy/run-first offense. If that's the way we wanna take it then one could just as easily point to Russell Wilson in 2013 leading the 26th-ranked passing offense (4th-ranked rushing offense) to a Super Bowl victory with a cap number of $650k and it'd be just as much "evidence" as "What about Elway and Manning?"

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm 100% fan of fair criticism for all, sometimes that is Rodgers sometimes that is others - however some of the time these "short hops" I truly think are throwaways intentionally on his part. He is grossly too accurate of a passer to miss WRs sometimes as he does.
Yes, a lot of those short throws are intended as incomplete passes. There's no way he's going to throw a pass that can be undercut by a defender. That's one of the reasons he has the low INT stats. I'm surprised others don't see that.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh goodie! I love fans that advocate being the extremely rare exception in how to win a Super Bowl! "There was this one team in the last 20 years that won a Super Bowl this specific way....why don't the Packers try and do that rather than the way the other 19 teams did it?"
There have been more than 2 different ways that teams have won Superbowls IMO. Defense, Rushing, top QBs. Average QBs. Luck. Coaching. The other team blew a big lead. Electrical malfunctions. So IMO your comment 19 teams one way and 1 team another way does not have any merit. Nice try though. IMO.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would be fine with the Packers slightly running the ball more often because of a lack of talent at wide receiver but after extending Rodgers it wouldn't make any sense to become a run-first offense.

The endless attacks against Rodgers. What are these people going to do when Rodgers is gone and there's some hack at QB for the Packers?

They will tell you that they're so tired of Rodgers' antics off the field that they would prefer to have a blind squirrel start at quarterback for the team at this point.

But you can be sure about it that they will be the ones screaming the loudest advocating for some heads to roll once the Packers actually struggle at QB.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am probably the only fan that just doesn't see what everyone sees in Adams.
Don't get me wrong. I think he is an excellent receiver, but he has had games when he couldn't get separation. That's why I'm anxious to see how well he does with the raiders.
I have hope that Lazard can take another step. Watson can be at least as good as Cobb was when he started. In other words, I have hope that the combination of Receivers, RBs and TEs can keep things rolling.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW:

Still a WR market for Packers in free agency

If you can get Julio for 3 mil, that might work.

Reaction score
I am probably the only fan that just doesn't see what everyone sees in Adams.
Don't get me wrong. I think he is an excellent receiver, but he has had games when he couldn't get separation. That's why I'm anxious to see how well he does with the raiders.
I have hope that Lazard can take another step. Watson can be at least as good as Cobb was when he started. In other words, I have hope that the combination of Receivers, RBs and TEs can keep things rolling.
Yeah I agree. That committee approach is better than an eggs in 1 basket approach, especially when you have a player getting ready to flip 30yrs old asking for 26yr old$$$.

No question that We had a great egg there in Davante. Yet it takes one fall and that lone egg is like Humpty so Dumpty. The Concoction that made Humpty lethal and wobble and fall in the first place was #12 PLUS his environment. We had ZERO
#2 WR/TE types in ‘21 with Tonyan out. Adams took advantage of the perfect storm, which was good for him, but not for the team. We witnessed what Defenses can do when they learn that their opponent is 1 dimensional at any phase. Easy peasy. SF held Davante to 10.0 per, 90 yards all day and 0 TD. One , soon to turn 30yrs years old player, cannot and will not live up to the production of 6 Starting Caliber players. That was exactly the type of Capital we would’ve spent to retain him had we slightly beat his offer there in Vegas.

Love the player, but no thank you to that terrible capital trade off.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW:

Still a WR market for Packers in free agency

If you can get Julio for 3 mil, that might work.
I do not believe a single thing any of these "insiders" have to say.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. That committee approach is better than an eggs in 1 basket approach, especially when you have a player getting ready to flip 30yrs old asking for 26yr old$$$.

No question that We had a great egg there in Davante. Yet it takes one fall and that lone egg is like Humpty so Dumpty. The Concoction that made Humpty lethal and wobble and fall in the first place was #12 PLUS his environment. We had ZERO
#2 WR/TE types in ‘21 with Tonyan out. Adams took advantage of the perfect storm, which was good for him, but not for the team. We witnessed what Defenses can do when they learn that their opponent is 1 dimensional at any phase. Easy peasy. SF held Davante to 10.0 per, 90 yards all day and 0 TD. One , soon to turn 30yrs years old player, cannot and will not live up to the production of 6 Starting Caliber players. That was exactly the type of Capital we would’ve spent to retain him had we slightly beat his offer there in Vegas.

Love the player, but no thank you to that terrible capital trade off.
I left it alone for awhile. but, you are back talking about a guy multiple times that you are on record stating that you don't think about him very much. You also insinuate in your most recent posts that DA was only good last year for the Pack. We all know the stats when DA did not play. I was wondering if someone could get us Adams stats when AR did not play?

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have hope that Lazard can take another step.

from pff:

PASSER RATING WHEN TARGETED

RANKPLAYERTEAMPFF GRADETGTsRECsPASSER RATING
1Will Fuller VDolphins86.33524149.4
2Allen LazardPackers70.92718149.3
3Antonio BrownBuccaneers84.13626146.6
4Tyler LockettSeahawks89.95132145.9
5Kendrick BournePatriots70.63731136.8
6Van JeffersonRams68.73620136.7
7Mark AndrewsRavens82.93727134.4
8Adam ThielenVikings86.96040133.2
9Mike EvansBuccaneers77.59761131.4
10D.K. MetcalfSeahawks86.57845130.3

"A more interesting name is the player just behind him on that list: Allen Lazard, somebody almost emblematic of the failures of the Green Bay Packers‘ receiving corps in recent seasons. Lazard has been exceptionally productive against press coverage, aided in no small way by having Aaron Rodgers as his quarterback in those situations."

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not believe a single thing any of these "insiders" have to say.

They're not making any massive declarative things beyond the obvious - Gute is going to be "in on" numerous WR out there. I guarantee the main ones listed Landry, Odell and Julio have for sure all heard from us in some capacity.

Reaction score
I left it alone for awhile. but, you are back talking about a guy multiple times that you are on record stating that you don't think about him very much.

I’m talking to you again Chuck..
that should be all the evidence you need that I tend to do that :whistling:

You know what the worst part is?.
it doesn’t even bother me and it felt like you were just looking for a fight and it was so desperate I just couldn’t. It just ain’t right to do that to someone I love so dearly. I’m Just like Lucy….I might not come across all lovable (at first glance that is) …
But just know this. I love you like a 2n Cousin (Once removed and with a “Step” thrown in) :inlove: But it’s immaterial because You need to know you’re loved today

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay boys! I'll be the referee. Or, if you prefer, in Japanese, shinpan.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts