Wide Out

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only type of WR you bring in to this group is a Homerun hitting kind that are either burners or tall rebounders. We don't need shifty slot guys, we are good there.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Only type of WR you bring in to this group is a Homerun hitting kind that are either burners or tall rebounders. We don't need shifty slot guys, we are good there.

Or an "old slow" vet that knows the Packers offense really well and can use that, their good hands and craftiness to get open. You know, the guy just hanging out in his hoodie, waiting for his phone to ring. :whistling:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And....none of us know Janis could potential be both if his TINY little burst on the scene is accurate of his long term outcome.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or "old slow" vets that know the Packers offense really well and can use that, their good hands and craftiness to get open. You know, the guy just hanging out in his hoodie, waiting for his phone to ring. :whistling:

HAHA, I'm a big JJ fan, getting a jersey of his this April for my birthday. Always got love for him, and honestly...sucks it doesn't make team sense to keep him moving forward. But I'll never be sad to see us sign him again...whether I think it is smart or not.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I get the youth movement in regards to WR, especially with Jordy just 9 months behind Jones. I just hope that between Montgomery, Adams, Abby and Janis.....the patience is rewarded at some point and we don't end the 2016 season still wondering when that will happen.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that is valid, however all of them at some point have shown capable...not many WRs are consistently great their first 3 years solid...growing pains happen. I think Adams is a prime example of this. Monty had injuries, Janis I can only guess took longer than liked to learn playbook and Abby is well a walking injury past, but has the biggest heart of them all.

I hope your concern never sees reality...but I too sense the concern inside me somewhat too.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones is currently a free agent. I agree that there´s no need for Amendola though.

Jones, IMHO, is unlikely to generate any interest on the free agent market, and would likely be available to GB if one of the other WR's goes down. He's become Matt Flynn in a way.

D

Deleted member 6794

Jones, IMHO, is unlikely to generate any interest on the free agent market, and would likely be available to GB if one of the other WR's goes down. He's become Matt Flynn in a way.

As long as the Packers receiving corps stays healthy I don´t see the need to bring Jones back though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Nahhh......he will be gone IMO.....and the difference between him and Matt Flynn.....he is a proven starter.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually agree with both of you but Brady sure used the little guys well and they moved the chains and scored points.
Brady didn't draw up the plays. They had superior play designs which actually got receivers open. Our vanilla plays would get him killed.

Members online

Latest posts