3rd pick Fred Bennett

But Meriweather won't make it out of the first round:(

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However I would rather take:

Pick #1 Tedd Ginn Jr

+ : speed, routerunning, hands, KR/PR, difficult catches, good at adjusting
can blow by a defender, if he gets into the open you won't catch him, can score a TD every time he touches the ball, will have no problems stretching the field, excellent work ethics and discipline.

- : lack of experience at WR, very raw talent however could turn out to become a great WR or a great KR/PR, needs to bulk up, not good at catching in a crowd, leaping abillity could be better

Pick #2 Michael Bush

+ : size, fast for his size, good burst, fast first step, agillity, fluid hips to change direction fast, uses his size and gets the extra yardage, doesn't go down very easily or go out of bounds, patience and cutback abillity, can run inside and outside with success, good natural catchers

- : will not run from the defenders, needs to gain more strength, needs to lower his shoulders more often,

Pick #3 Josh Wilson

+ : phenomenal speed, plays with intensity, plays bigger than he is, likes to hit hard, smart kid and a good student, abillity to become more than "just another fast guy"

- : lack of size, only really emerged this last season, sometimes fail to wrap up tackles, needs to improve his acceleration.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st pick Reggie Nelson
2nd pick Antonio Pittman
3rd pick Jonathan Wade

That would be my personal preference, but I doubt we pass on Lynch if he is available at 16.

Reaction score
1st pick Ted Ginn Jr.
2nd pick Micheal Bush
3rd pick Micheal Coe

Ginn at 16 is a steal IMO. Don't get playmakers falling to that spot. Could develop into something special, if not as a WR than as a KR at least.

Bush has potential, and fills our RB need.

No clue who Coe his, but first two picks I agree with.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coe is a CB that emerged in his last season as a good CB, however he moved down a level in competition for the last season and that is a concern. He has all the tools to be successful in the NFL but his speed isn't more than average, he could be a sleeper.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Ginn - Are we not scared with the foot injury on him?... didn't we see what that can do last year:)

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think Jonathan Wade will make it to the 3rd round his combine might have moved him up into the 2nd

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ginn - Are we not scared with the foot injury on him?... didn't we see what that can do last year:)

It should be healed by training camp.

I'm still on the fence about Ginn but the more and more I hear, the more and more I become intrigued by him. I think he has great potential but I also think he's raw and he could be a bust. However if he lives up to that potential he could really help turn this team around. Plus McCarthy is an offensive minded coach and he could hopefully come up with some unique designs for Ginn.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arrigo over at Packerchatters, although he don't have much credibility, reports that the Packers believe these following players are the best playmakers in the draft: Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson and Ted Ginn Jr.

However I believe this is obvious, these are the three players which really could be difference-makers, there isn't anything special about Lynch.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arrigo over at Packerchatters, although he don't have much credibility, reports that the Packers believe these following players are the best playmakers in the draft: Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson and Ted Ginn Jr.

However I believe this is obvious, these are the three players which really could be difference-makers, there isn't anything special about Lynch.

A guy at a bar could tell you those are the best playmakers in the Draft. :thumbsup:

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well then it should be obvious to everyone that we should either move up to pick up Peterson or stay put at 16 and pick up Ginn Jr.

Johnson will be too expensive to get.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well then it should be obvious to everyone that we should either move up to pick up Peterson or stay put at 16 and pick up Ginn Jr.

Well being a playmaker in college doesn't translate to being one in the pros. Yes, I know, Ginn is a burner like no other. He's also a raw route runner, undersized, and probably won't be able to make plays over the middle and in traffic. I'd rather get a bigger wideout than someone who might just end up being a PR/KR at the next level with my first rounder (and Ginn is anything but a surething like CJ and AP). I'd prefer a receiver like Bowe, and if you're hell-bent on a speedster, gamble on a guy like Jason Hill later.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Ginn Jr isn't essentially undersized, he is underweight, he has the frame to build some bulk and become a true receiver.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not really. Ginn Jr. is as raw as any prospect in the Draft. He has the upside to be an effective playmaker in the NFL but he also has a major bust factor because he is not a "polished" receiver so to speak. He's more of an athlete than a football player.

Ginn could likely go in the top 15 as well. In fact I think he will.

The obvious thing for the Packers is to get Lynch or Peterson. Both of whom would be a major upgrade for a major weakness right now.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I really have a felling Ted Ginn will be a bust.

I second that motion... Desmond Howard type... will make a play or two on Special teams, but will not be a huge threat as a WR. Unless he bulks up I think he will get jammed every play and knocked off his route... ala Mister Howard.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only 37 days until draft day 1.
I hate to wish my life away but it can't get here soon enough so we can see where all our speculation falls.
I speculate that Ted is going to surprise alot of us.

OP
OP
K

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have a fealing that on draft day ... after our first pick ... were going to hear a trade either

1- Rodgers 3rd ... for moss
2- KGB 3rd Fergy ... for moss

I really have a fealing something like that is going to happen and i hope its the second 1 cause kgb has a huge contract so it would be like replacing a player with a huge contract that wasnt performing as good as he has too with another player that under performed but has better potential of getting better with brett ...

OP
OP
K

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And honnestly i think the best option we have and would be the best move for this off season is get moss ... wich would fix our WR probleme ... draft lynch in the first round and after a CB or S or TE in the second ... we should be good in the passing game ... decent running game ... even defense wise if we pick up a good CB for depth and if blackmonn actually steps up and is not injured ... and hoping manuel perfoms better then last year

OP
OP
K

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And i do think franks still has some game in him ... hope the coaching staff trains him and makes him practise good this off season give him more time in the pre season so he can get his confidence ... his good mayB his gettin older losing his touch ... but if he gets his touch back his a really good TE and a real good blocker ... unless we get olsen somehow ...

Members online

Latest posts