1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Why you should stop believing everthing you hear or read from the "experts"

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Guacamole, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
  2. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +484
    bets on what?? what are you talking about??? Just in general??? The Super Bowl???

3. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    honestly any real packer fan and the packer coaches are better experts for our team than the "experts"

4. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    On the SB halftime show sucking maybe?

5. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,017
    The talking heads have to fill up air time. My suggestion is that your avatar should have her own show--who would care what she said?

6. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    I didn't believe what any of the experts believed,when they said bears or jets didnt think we would get into the playoffs I kept telling family we get in the playoffs we win then we win super bowl,I'm not saying they didn't have nail bitter games but then they wouldn't be the pack they should ask fans who really believe in their team just kidding,just knew it was their year.

7. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    First, I LOVE your profile pic. Should PM me the link to the actual pic. =)

Second, it's kinda hard to feel bad for anyone who loses money gambling in any form.

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    These people aren't in the business of being right and they're not in the business of being truly informative. When you get down to brass tacks, they're in the entertainment business. Their job is to talk and to give other people stuff to talk about. That's really all there is to it. If people don't see that or can't see that, that's their problem. The people we watch on TV aren't on TV because they're the smartest football guys or the most knowledgeable football guys. They're on TV because they're good in front of a camera.

Edit: Case in point, the smartest guy in football is currently employed by a small market team in Wisconsin, and he would be the last guy you'll ever see on TV getting paid to talk football. So, there's that.

• Like Like x 3
  9. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +465
    What was all that love for the Bengals (Or is it bungholes) coming from?

Oh well, quite a few of the talking heads did say the Packers would get there, so they weren't ALL wrong.

10. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    The story focuses more on the "experts" who did noy pick the Pack. Now they predict a Pat/Cowboy finale