Why we might draft at that position.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last season TT drafted a few players that seemed to come out of left field but later proved to be the right moves. To prepare for this to happen again I thought it might be good to discuss TTs possible reasoning for drafting a player from any of the possible positions.

QB - I feel this is a telling sign if he drafts a QB as he feels Flynn is going to be traded. But if he doesnt draft a QB I think it should speak volumes of what the team thinks of Graham Harrell.

RB - Grant is due 3.5 million next season and is a FA after that. I wouldnt be surprised to see TT pick up someone he feels will be Grants replacement or Starks backup

FB - umm he likes to stock pile full backs? I guess a replacement for kuuuuuuuuuuhn. sorry had to get the kuhn call going.

WR - James Jones replacement. I expect a WR in the first 3 rounds.

TE - Finley has 1 year on his contract. TT would likely see his replacement and cut another one of the TEs. Dont forget MM loves his TEs either.

Oline - A replacement for Clifton and a possible starter at guard are possibilities imo.

DT - you could argue its a need

DE - If TT sees good value in the draft. Picketts contract jumps up to 4.5 mil in 2012 and I dont expect Harrell to be on the team much longer. I think we draft a DE in the draft this year.

ILB - TT thinks he can draft a better player than poppinga and will save $ by doing so.

OLB - its a need.

S - TT would have to see value on the board as I think we are pretty solid at S.

CB - Woodsons replacement. I see him drafting a CB in the draft.

timdykeman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think we are going Oline with the first pick. Cliffton is up there in age and questionable knees. Spitz and Colledge could be gone, depending on th CBA. That leaves Lang and Morehouse and possible Tauscher for semi proven depth.
If you keep Arod up right, you win.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think we are going Oline with the first pick. Cliffton is up there in age and questionable knees. Spitz and Colledge could be gone, depending on th CBA. That leaves Lang and Morehouse and possible Tauscher for semi proven depth.
If you keep Arod up right, you win.

Tauscher is as good as gone imo.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
oline in the first round and a wr in the second or third (hopefully a speedy slot guy who can return kicks)

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not be shocked to see us pick a DE with the first pick. Also I think a WR early, and a RB after round 5. Our scouts have proven their worth lately, so I a hopeful that they have found solid players who have the heart and ethics to become great in 3 years or so.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you could make an argument for us to draft a WR early and late.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TE - Finley has 1 year on his contract. TT would likely see his replacement and cut another one of the TEs. Dont forget MM loves his TEs either.
Really doubts it. Everything indicates that the management loves Finley and will be willing to pay him. There's also Quarless in the mix.

DT - you could argue its a need
Not with Pickett in the fold, and with us playing nickel 90% of the time, I don't think.

ILB - TT thinks he can draft a better player than poppinga and will save $ by doing so.
Popps is an OLB, I think you're thinking of Chillar. We've a lot of money invested at ILB with Chillar, Hawk, Barnett and Bishop. And we have Hawk and Bishop invested long term.

CB - Woodsons replacement. I see him drafting a CB in the draft.
Unless he see great value, I doubt he looks for a CB.

TT is all about value in the draft, so you can't rule out almost anything. But those particular positions, I would be shocked if TT targets them.

Oh, and moved the thread to the draft talk.

Members online

Latest posts