Why was Favre already in the tunnell?

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
vikefan said:
Robin Yount said:
This brings up an interesting issue that a newer poster stated above.

In Moss' last game with the Queens, I believe against the Skins, he walked off the field with seconds left . . . as did Favre yesterday.

What does this say about Favre, Moss or in reality the Media.

Shame on the Media for putting light on such a little thing. Players leave early all the time from games. Its the Media that jumps all over it. Now, I am no Moss fan . . . at all . . . but his leaving early should not have been focused on.

I am not a football mind other then from my couch, but if this is a big thing someone please educate me.
I believe the Vikings still had a chance with an on sides kick but Moss was leaving.
The game was over for Favre, big difference.

yea vikefan you gotta be lovin' reading these guys rip Favre today. Favre, I believe, actually took the last snap of the game but apparently he did it from the tunnel.
I feel bad for Favre, he doesn't deserve anyone ripping him. He could have forced a trade to a contender, but chose to stay.
I still like and respect Moss, he didn't want to leave and had a great rapport with the fans.
Culpepper....refused to meet with his new coach, demanded a new contract, refused to do rehab up here....may every pass he throws be an interception.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
holy crap - i never thought i'd see the day when a vikes fan can't understand why a packers fan would rip on favre - gotta give ya props on this one, vikefan!! may it be an eye opener or an *** whoopin for the favre bashers!!!!! :(

saintfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade him to the Saints. I'd take him in a heart beat. He hates loosing. Not sure what yall really know about Brett. He is a class act and takes EVERYTHING upon his shoulders. It shouldn't be that way. It's a TEAM....come up with 10 more just like him and you'll never loose another game.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
saintfan said:
Trade him to the Saints. I'd take him in a heart beat. He hates loosing. Not sure what yall really know about Brett. He is a class act and takes EVERYTHING upon his shoulders. It shouldn't be that way. It's a TEAM....come up with 10 more just like him and you'll never loose another game.

Please come on over to the Green and Gold side......we could use more fans like you!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
puhleeeeezz, PH!! if he's throwing it up from the beginning of the game, you have a reason to complain. once the game is out of hand, wtf difference does it make if he does it???

It's called playing out of control. Would you accept Ahman Green fumbling the ball? Would you accept Woodson not making a tackle to give up a touchdown. I have no problem with the guy trying to make plays, seriously I don't. I'm just saying, you can't play the game recklessly. Favre the gunslinger had players around him who could make those plays. He doesn't have that anymore. You will never convince me that it's ok for a QB with his intellect and talent to just throw the ball around like that.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im sorry but i have to say this.

you favre haters need to shut up!!!

favre is the best qb we will have.

when he retires you guys will know just how important he is.

i hope he sticks with us as long as possible because i know that our next qb wont be even close to favre.

im sorry i had to say that but enough is enough, now stop hateing on him.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know some of you guys are just expressing some frustration after yesterdays game...understandable.

But remember,......you have SB victories in your history and have the pleasure of getting to see one of the best QB's in history still playing for you....in Lambeau no less.

As a football fan, things look pretty good.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have as much respect and admiration for Brett Favre as the best Favre fans could have. But listen to me closely this time. It's not ok for any quarterback to be throwing the ball up for grabs with the score as it was. I know he was trying to make a play, I'm just saying, that recklessness also causes you to lose games. There is no greater warrior than Brett. I don't know if there is a tougher player that has ever played the game. But he has to play in control. He should play in control. And you know what? If you really want to be considered as one of the greatest who ever played this game, you can't play that way. He's had a great career. His accuracy was off yesterday but the guy worked his butt off to make things happen. Then the game is out of control and now the interceptions come. I only ask, Why? And don't give me this stuff about not being a Brett Favre fan. I just expect the guy who I think is the greatest to ever play the game to play like he's the greatest, not a second rate quarterback.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the score...was...26-0. the greatest players NEVER give up & if you think him airing it out is giving up then i feel sorry for you.

speaking of second rate QB's...
do you remember the 4th & 26 game??
wtf do you think HE was doing when that pass was thrown??
he was AIRING IT OUT & hoping for a catch!!!
not giving up, selling out, or anything BUT trying to win & i think we ALL know how THAT turned out!

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know why you guys are only blameing favre.

what all about the other players who made big mistakes on o and d.

chad c. basiclly killed our drive with his 2 mistakes(1st and 30).

i can point out alot of people but that dose not need to be done.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you feel sorry for me? Because my opinion is different than yours? Do you hear me criticizing you for your thoughts? I was just offering my opinion. I don't think Brett is a second rate quarterback. I will say this for the last time. I have no problem with him trying to make a play. But also at that point in the game he wasn't giving his team a chance to win. He was throwing the ball up and hoping to make a play. He didn't make the play. It's that simple.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i said this before and im going to say it again.

he had no choice but to throw it up. their is no way the packers would have scored 26 points in 12 munits.

favre throwing it up was the only hope we had for winning

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure he had a choice. He made his choice. I just feel badly for him that he threw 3 interceptions yesterday. I thought that if he had used more control he may have taken a different option. He didn't. Game over. 26-0 loss. Three interceptions and the aruguments have started. I'm hoping by next week the offensive line will be better, the receivers will get open, Brett will throw some touchdown passes and just maybe the defense will play better. Go Packers!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
I know some of you guys are just expressing some frustration after yesterdays game...understandable.

But remember,......you have SB victories in your history and have the pleasure of getting to see one of the best QB's in history still playing for you....in Lambeau no less.

As a football fan, things look pretty good.

Thanks for saying this Vikefan, I am surely glad there are still some GOOD vikefans around like yourself...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Sure he had a choice. He made his choice. I just feel badly for him that he threw 3 interceptions yesterday. I thought that if he had used more control he may have taken a different option. He didn't. Game over. 26-0 loss. Three interceptions and the aruguments have started. I'm hoping by next week the offensive line will be better, the receivers will get open, Brett will throw some touchdown passes and just maybe the defense will play better. Go Packers!

Did you even see the game. He threw 2 ints, not 3, and they both happened when the game was over. Damn, what's the difference? Did you have him on your fantasy team?

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check that: Defense gave up 19 points, not 26. You're forgetting about the punt return. Overall, the defense bent but didn't break, keeping Chicago to mostly FG's and not TD's.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah DePak I saw the game, you're right it was two, it a mistake. Sorry I was thinking 3 because I think it was a play or two in there where he bounced two off the defenders chest. Both of which should have been caught by the defender.

Listen, we're talking out of frustration. We're all Packer fans and we're all hurting because we got our ears pinned back and we played awful in every facet of the game. We're angry with Thompson because he hasn't done a very good job of addressing the issues on this team. He's tried, it just appears that he missed on his effort. I love Brett Favre, but I hate it when he looks bad. I get frustrated when I see our team missing assignments, playing too far of the receivers, not staying in your lanes. I'm frustrated that every fan on this board knew that Thompson and McCarthy needed to address the line issues and didn't do that. So yeah, I'll admit I'm frustrated and out of frustration comes some tough talk. The bottom line is that this team isn't very good right now, but mabye they will grow.

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre should be a man and congratulate Grossman and the rest of the Bears for playing such a good game. What he did was busch league, if the Packers would have won he would be out there and the Bears would be congratulating him. I'm sure his mother told him there would be days like this.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why thank grossman he only got 1 touch down as far as brett walking off why not the game was over,where does say you have to go out and say good game today i think if the o-line played better for him he w2ould have done that he did come out and speak after the game i think we areh on one game lets get over it sunday is almost here and we have a new game to play :D

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
DePack said:
vikefan said:
Robin Yount said:
This brings up an interesting issue that a newer poster stated above.

In Moss' last game with the Queens, I believe against the Skins, he walked off the field with seconds left . . . as did Favre yesterday.

What does this say about Favre, Moss or in reality the Media.

Shame on the Media for putting light on such a little thing. Players leave early all the time from games. Its the Media that jumps all over it. Now, I am no Moss fan . . . at all . . . but his leaving early should not have been focused on.

I am not a football mind other then from my couch, but if this is a big thing someone please educate me.
I believe the Vikings still had a chance with an on sides kick but Moss was leaving.
The game was over for Favre, big difference.

yea vikefan you gotta be lovin' reading these guys rip Favre today. Favre, I believe, actually took the last snap of the game but apparently he did it from the tunnel.
I feel bad for Favre, he doesn't deserve anyone ripping him. He could have forced a trade to a contender, but chose to stay.

Thanks vikefan

For pointing out "What should be obvious" to a few "Packer" fans around here !!!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan4ever said:
why thank grossman he only got 1 touch down as far as brett walking off why not the game was over,where does say you have to go out and say good game today i think if the o-line played better for him he w2ould have done that he did come out and speak after the game i think we areh on one game lets get over it sunday is almost here and we have a new game to play :D

OK, I'm sorry to be the "grammar police" again, but could you PLEASE use more than one comma for punctuation in a freakin' paragraph? I just got rid of my headache and now I need to dip into the aspirin bottle again. Just playing with you a little bit packerfan4ever, nothing personal.... :wink:

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
When the final seconds were ticking off?

There was a long shot of #4 disappearing into the dark shadows of the tunnell as the teams were just beginning to meet o0n the field.

Anyone else catch this scene?

What is going on with him? Has he given up? Will he want to be traded?

This is the worst I've seen the Packers play since the 1991 Packers. Can they be THIS bad?

I've seen him do this a couple times. most of the time it is after he gets his *** beat into the ground during the course of a game. I dont think its really the right thing to do...but if i were him i wouldnt want to get flooded by the media.

Members online

Latest posts