1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why to root for the Steelers

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Weissman1989, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Weissman1989

Weissman1989 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Its pretty simple, theres about 4 things that are on my list

1) Bettis, wow what a story... I feel great for that guy
    2) Rothlisburger, what a pimp... I mean really, what can you say
    3) Cower, class act all the way... The organization stuck with him and just another pimp on the team
    4) Its not the Seahawks

2. subin

subin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. I think bettis is one of those guys that you just gotta love, similar to favre. I'd love to see him and cowher get a super bowl ring, especially if it's his last year.

3. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I can hear it now.....this one's for......................JEROME!!!

4. shiftysdad

shiftysdad Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jarome Bettis i like
    Troy Polamalu (or whatever) i like
    Ben roethlisberger is ok
    Bill cowher is a coward (hehe, play on words)

i'm sorry boys... i'm gonna ave to go with the seahawks, although just an immitation of the late 90's packers... it's still better than a team that only got this far because of an intentional injury on the first play (with the bengals) and alot of luck

also, i don't like a team that tries for brute strength (like the Steelers) i prefer intelligence and a little more... hence why i like Troy Polamalu...
    'cos he's fast. but the rest of them are brutes... just look at their kicker.

5. shiftysdad

shiftysdad Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    and another thing... why is this in the packer section?
    although i probably wouldn't have read it if it wasn't...

6. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bettis is a pimp too. Hell, the whole team is full of pimps. Go Pimpsburgh! :roll:

7. Django

Django Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The first time the Steelers score the Walrus will squirt his panties, give up on the run and start calling passes on every down. The Steelers should beat the chickens into a wet spot by the third quarter. Chumley is easily unhinged in a big game if he falls behind. Remember how the Rat slayed the Walrus in 32.

8. rmayer32

rmayer32 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Ouch.. Don't hold back on telling us what you think or anything. :D :shock:

9. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    go steelers! I hate the Seahawks, a team of leftover packers :p

10. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I like the Steelers too.

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    CHUMLEY!!!LOLOLOL!!!
    For those of you that don't get who Django is making reference to.............Chumley the walrus was Tennessee Tuxedo's side kick in the old cartoons. All he ever seemed to do was go....."Duh.......OK Tennessee!"
    Now that you mention it.......he DOES look like Holmgren!!!LOLOL!!!

And with Super Bowl 32..........i heard one of the Packers from then (I think it was a coach) on local Milwaukee radio stating how Holmgren gave up on the run in the second half, even though the Packers were doing well with it. His RB coach, and backs were all telling him to let them RUN the ball, and Holmgren refused to listen to them. Alot of the team still blames him for the loss, for not listening to the other coaches and the team.
    So....unless he has changed his ways, looks like the Steelers could dominate.

12. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jerome Bettis is from Detroit. The last bus stop is XL. Go Steelers.

13. shiftysdad

shiftysdad Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    jeez... i feel so alone... :cry:

nobody for Seahawks?

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Well.....if the Seahawks win, it wouldn't upset me. I have rookie football cards of Hasselbeck and Alexander, so it would be good for me that way. I think it's going to be a hard fought game, and whoever gets on top first will have the advantage.

15. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have two reasons to root for the Steelers which are:

1. Jerome Bettis; and

2. Mike Holmgren is not their coach.

16. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I prefer Steelers over Seahawks. I don't hate Holmgren but the ginormousness of his ego pushing him away from GB, i dunno. Glad the man got what he wanted and did what he thought was best for himself, I just can't root for his team over the Steelers.

17. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I root for the Steelers for all the above reasons and they are from my State!! (can't stand the Eagles though!!)

18. hitking2456

hitking2456 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey since you are also from the great Keystone state, haven't you also noticed all of those disgusting Eagles fans switching over to the Steelers?

19. rmayer32

rmayer32 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Have to go with the Steelers on this one, though I won't really care either way.

Only when I realized no coach has EVER won the superbowl with 2 teams, that made me want to really pull for the Steelers. Nothing against Holmgren.. well, okay maybe just a little, uh, in fact screw him!!!

:)

20. Noisey Packer Fan

Noisey Packer Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Your not alone in this world I also am routing for the Seahawks. I Like Mike,Matt And Shawn. I think it will be a good battle to watch but I think The Seahawks will win Dont get me wrong I like Pitts also I have nothing against them they have fought a good war to get to where they are at, and I respect the team. I just think the Hawks will win. :D

21. shiftysdad

shiftysdad Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yea... i think Seahawks might want it more than the steelers... and also they deserve it more.
    it's good to see another person that hasn't been blinded by Bill, Ben and Bettis.

P.S the only terrible thing about the towel is it has to do with the pittsburg steelers.

22. rmayer32

rmayer32 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Well, regardless of who wins, the one thing I hope for is a good game.. That's the most important thing when to me when my team isn't involved, just a good close down to the wire slugfest.. :)

23. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    like i said in the one post the stellers have the edge they have a very good d-line polamlu will be all over hasslebeck, he knows where the ball will be and hasslebeck will either throw to many interceptions because of the pressure he will be under they will stop the run when they are to close for comfort seahawks are good but again steelers have to much d-line and the bus will make sure they get touch downs he wants it bad he would like to retire and mom and dad will be there have to impress the folks.