Why this loss helped me as a person..

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a fan, this was the most devastating loss I've ever experienced. Through the ups and downs of the season, entering a game with the odds against my favorite team, watching them dominate throughout and then practically giving the game away on a silver platter to a team that I believe is more our rival than any NFC North team. Humiliating, deflating, and hard to swallow to say the least.

I'm the type of guy that is emotionally invested in my favorite team. I follow every headline, read every new article, delve into game replays to see what we did right and wrong. I'm the guy that's always shouting during game time and find myself overly elated with victory, and utterly disconnected after defeat. When the Seahawks scored that final touch down, my heart sank and I just couldn't find any words. I had to take a cold walk outside and try and find a way to collect myself.

When I returned home, my family attempted to comfort me and I snapped on them--and I'm by no means an angry guy. I think I realized then, that I am way too invested in the game. I mean honestly, a football game made me do that? Reality check. My favorite team isn't going to the super bowl, but they are still going home to their luxury life styles and are ultimately none too worse off than before with only a smidgen of pride lost.

I'm still upset with the loss, but I think in a way, at least for me, I'm glad it happened the way it did. It has given me the opportunity to wake up and realize that even though I'm always going to be a loyal fan to my favorite team, that there's really no sense being this emotionally vested in them. At the end of the day it's a game, and there are much worse things happening around me than a loss. Next year I will watch and root, but temper my reasoning that there's more on the line than there actually is.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah the fans usually take losses more seriously than the players. Remember that video of Gronk dancing in the nightclub right after losing to the Giants in the 2011 SB? Pats fans were outraged, but he was like what's the big deal?

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More power to you, man...I keep saying I will not be as emotionally invested after every playoff loss, but then when the next one rolls around I react the same way. Although I do feel like I'm recovering faster from this one than I did after Favre threw that interception against the Giants in NFC Championship - that one choked me up. And this one was a much worse loss. Baby steps I guess.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope I can come out of this a better person too, that is, if I ever get over it. My kids are tired of me following them around the house looking for someone to vent to :(

CDAPACKFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi All.....just joined on here. I have to say I am still dealing with this. I live in the Inland Northwest and it is damn hard to be a PACK fan up here with all the Seahawk fans. I had heard it all week leading up to the game. They were so cocky and arrogant and you would have thought they were already AT the Super Bowl. I watched the game by myself with the hubby as I could not bear to be around anyone. I was devastated. Utterly and totally disappointed. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. And it wasn't just ***ONE**** thing, it was that series of failures that caused our demise. Post Sunday and I am venturing out today to walk amongst the Seahawks (or as we call them up here Seasucks) fans. It won't be pretty to be reminded of what we lost. EVERY newscast spends the first 10 minutes talking about the game and saying how to get to Phoenix, and oh, yes, where to buy all the shirts and memorabilia. Constant in my face that they won. Ugh.... This is going to take awhile to get over. In all my years being a Pack fan, no loss has ever affected me like this one did. (And by the way, a little known factoid from UP HERE.... over 200 fair weather Seasuck fans left with 5 minutes to go and were not allowed back in the stadium). Like that would EVER happen in Lambeau!!!

Levi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm exactly like that too. I screamed, yelled, cursed, and threw a tantrum like a child. Right when they got the game winning touchdown the F bomb was dropped constantly. I just sat outside for a good 10 minutes to calm down and finally headed back home. Soon as I got home, I just sat in my car for a bit and yelled my final F bomb and went inside. I love the Packers. They are my team. My lively hood. I bleed green and gold. Unfortunately, I'm to emotionally connected to my team, but I'm just gonna hang up my Packers jacket for a week or two or until I finally have calmed down. In the end, the Packers are my team. Beginning to the end, but this lose has hurt me. I'm not mad anymore, but disappointed and honestly heart broken. But I'll get over it, just like I have the past playoff loses. Just hurts more knowing I won't be able to watch my Pack play another weekend.

CDAPACKFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Levi.... that is one of the reasons I watch at home.... I have a PhD in Football Tourettes!! The F bomb is alive and well in our house. I still haven't calmed down and I will get over it eventually. It is just going to take awhile. Will be interesting to see what grief I get today with my PACKFAN plates up here in the Inland Northwest.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts