Why the Pack ? For someone in Berlin, Germany ?

HD3924

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, in 1997 read in a monthly sports paper about a team with big tradition, small market area who had won it all after a long period of suffering. Public ownership, not a billionaire's toy. Brett Favre one of the most popular players in the league. Oldest rivalries with Bears and Lions. That was the Packers. 5 Years Break without any relation to football. 2002 invitation to a NFL Europe match, because the daughter of a friend was the girl friend of Berlin Thunder's offense coordinator.
No idea, what was going on on the field, saw only men piling up. Free copies of Madden 2002 as a giveaway.

Once before the computer with it, I saw, what's behind the game. Chess with human figures. Then came the question "Select a team" and that Packer's story came back to mind. "Yes, they will be my team". Brett Favres performance in Oakland the day after his father died nailed it finally in.

2008 the final step. Brett Favre left, after one week of rage, it was "The Team, the Packers Organization is bigger than one player, no matter who he is." Transition from a may be Brett Favre- Fan to Packers-Fan done.

OP
OP
H

HD3924

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When are you coming over for a game :)
Somehow I live with the imagination, there are never tickets available ... :) ... but if ... it has to be in December or January with a good chance to see a match in the snow)... mi wife is dominican, but strange enough, loves the winter (the german version until now, not the deep frozen one like Green Bay usually has) ... Yes, Lambeau Field in the Snow and a match against the Bears ...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Somehow I live with the imagination, there are never tickets available ... :) ... but if ... it has to be in December or January with a good chance to see a match in the snow)... mi wife is dominican, but strange enough, loves the winter (the german version until now, not the deep frozen one like Green Bay usually has) ... Yes, Lambeau Field in the Snow and a match against the Bears ...
There are always tickets. If you only need for you and your wife you can get them day of game from people selling. Depending on how long you wait up to kick off, you can get them at face value or less. But for more of a sure thing and planned ahead you can buy from vendors for probably 150-250 per ticket.

I was in Germany in January quite a few years ago. Munich and south mostly. Your country was very hospitable, I hope we can return the favor for you someday

jimwest2000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hi, i am from germany too and it will be my pleasure to be a member of this forum :) up next i will introduce myself.

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are a natural fit for German fans. I dont think any other NFL team has a fan base more heavily populated by German-Americans, and it's a solid hardworking city with a love of beer and bratwurst. Who else would German fans support? The 49ers?

OP
OP
H

HD3924

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are a natural fit for German fans. I dont think any other NFL team has a fan base more heavily populated by German-Americans, and it's a solid hardworking city with a love of beer and bratwurst. Who else would German fans support? The 49ers?
You nailed it. It's the Bratwurst. What we've experienced so far from american brewed beer, is not very encouraging, so it is the Bratwurst. :))

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You might like Point beer. My ex was from Germany, and she and her father both thought it was a good pilsner.

OP
OP
H

HD3924

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You might like Point beer. My ex was from Germany, and she and her father both thought it was a good pilsner.
Had my last beer long time ago ( when they took my appendix out, they found the liver significantly bigger than healthy) ... so only Rum ( Havana Club) is left ... with a cigar ... will forward the idea to my friends, may be there is someone who imports Point beer ...

Members online

Latest posts