Why the Lions Offense isn't living up to potential...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
They better find a cork for the number of leaks in the offense line.. I wonder if they are regretting the passing on Joe Thomas now.... BTW.. Cleveland's line is quietly putting a nice season together. :razz:

[quote="PF Weekly]Five games, 26 sacks allowed. The Lions are on pace to finish the season with the second-most sacks allowed (83) to the incredible 104 sacks the 1986 Eagles gave up. Team observers have criticized offensive coordinator Mike Martz for not going to stronger pass-protection units, with more backs and tight ends staying home, because clearly the Lions have no intention of slowing down the frequency of their passing attack. So, among the linemen, all things being relative, who has been the most at fault? OLT Jeff Backus has been, by far, the biggest culprit, allowing eight sacks — challenging the 12 he allowed as a rookie in 2001 in 16 starts. But Backus refuses to blame a strained oblique muscle as an excuse for his poor play. Still, his lateral quickness has looked subpar this season. ORT George Foster, acquired from the Broncos with the reputation of being a solid pass protector, hasn’t been much better. Foster has been credited by STATS LLC with allowing 6¼ sacks; his previous high was 6½ allowed in 16 starts in 2005. Right now, the team doesn’t have a proficient pass-blocking tight end to help either guy out, with Dan Campbell on injured reserve. More bad news: After the bye, four of the next five opponents on the Lions’ schedule are among the top 11 QB-sacking teams entering Week Six.[/quote]

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I like these numbers. I'm especially looking forward to watching Backus vs. Jenkins/KGB.
Backus.....is that JIM Backus??? (Thurston Howell the third from Gilligan's Island, or the voice of Mr. McGoo) :lol:

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I wonder if they are double thinking this move any?

PF Weekly 10/23 Audibles said:
“(Browns OLT) Joe Thomas locked down Jason Taylor. He got his hands on him and mirrored him and did not let him by all night. It was impressive for a rookie. Taylor beat (Browns ORT Kevin) Shaffer a few times, but who hasn’t?”

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts