Why so many stickys?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Kitten just had to merge a post someone made about Suh being suspended..

That was a nine page thread, and I just bumped it 20 some minutes before this person felt the need to make his own thread..

So as Kitten stated we wouldnt need stickys if people USED the search feature...But they dont..

OP
OP
Mushroom

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
People really are lazy in that respect, I know, I see...

Someone should dust off the Ban Hammer and start pounding. Just a day here and there after 2 warnings or so...IDK

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten just had to merge a post someone made about Suh being suspended..

That was a nine page thread, and I just bumped it 20 some minutes before this person felt the need to make his own thread..

So as Kitten stated we wouldnt need stickys if people USED the search feature...But they dont..

They will but the mods have to stop merging topics and rewarding their behavior. If you lock the thread and point them towards the search function they will be both embarrassed (as they should be) and the next time they will search the topic first. This is not something I thought of, every successful forum I have ever been apart of other than this forum does it.

The search function on this forum probably is the best I have seen, it works amazingly well and no one uses it because they know if they post a duplicate thread they will just be merged with the bigger thread.

If you start locking them and pointing them to the search function, after a couple of weeks regular posters will start doing it for you, all you will have to do is lock it up as the conversation would have already moved on to the first thread. That is a successful forum in my view.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We have started locking them and making them post in proper area..I did this early this morning..

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posting in the wrong area of the forum is one thing, posting duplicate threads in the proper area is another and I was talking about the latter. But good to see the forum moving in the right direction!

Members online

Latest posts