Why so many ***** injuries, always?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet that we won't see Hayward for a few more weeks now if not, dare I say, putting him on the PUP to make sure that he's 100% for a playoff run. I think that our secondary could absorb being without him for the first six weeks. It's a deep unit, not elite, but deep.

You can't put a guy on PUP who has already participated in training camp at all. The only ones who are eligible are ones that have been on the preseason PUP from the beginning. Would be a nice option.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, didn we change the turf at the practice facilities a few years back?

The Packers had "Grass Master"installed at both Practices fields and at Lambeau Field .

"The playing surface at Lambeau Field—home of the National Football League’s Green Bay Packers—has undergone a facelift in 2007 .The $3 million makeover promises a new football field with the latest technology in natural turf plus the addition of synthetic reinforcement.
DD GrassMaster, a natural grass surface reinforced with man-made fibers developed by Desso DLW Sports Systems, has been installed on top of a completely new drainage and heating system. The new surface andunderlying systems represent the latest developments in field management, according to Packers management.
DD GrassMaster’s advantage mainly is attributed to the sand-based soil, which allows superior drainage and softer, more consistent footing over the previous clay-based field. Because a sand-based root zonehas less stability, the system employs the use of millions of strands of polyethylene and polypropylene materials 8 in. below the surface with 1 in. exposed on the top. This gives the field firm footing and eliminatesclumps of sod tearing from the surface, according to proponents. Furthermore, the claims for the new turf say that even after a full season’s wear late in the year, the footing will remain excellent due to the soil-strengthening synthetic strands.
The first layers will consist of a clay base with drain tile and irrigation piping. The second level consists of 4 in. of gravel with 30-plus miles of tubing for the heating system. The third level is made of 12 in. of sand and the top level consists of the sod with its reinforcing fibers.
After the roots of the natural turf are firmly established, ideally by late July, then the synthetic fibers will be stitched in place."

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett - Hammy
Jones - Hammy
Hayward - Hammy

I'd like to give the strength and conditioning coaches the benefit of the doubt and keep repeating the company lines of "coincidence" and "bad luck", but it's getting harder and harder. I can't keep ignoring this.

12theTruth

Burnett - Hammy
Jones - Hammy
Hayward - Hammy

I'd like to give the strength and conditioning coaches the benefit of the doubt and keep repeating the company lines of "coincidence" and "bad luck", but it's getting harder and harder. I can't keep ignoring this.

Darn McCarthy and his loyalty. It seems the injuries that the Packer players do sustain they almost always seem to have re-occurences. He should have made changes to the has-been Pepper, and any other team employee that has contributed to this nagging team problem with injuries some time ago.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am pissed about the injuries and medical staff apologists but the reality is we get to see Hyde and I don't have a problem with that. I thought Burnett and Jones had "minor' tweaks originally. This is just a sickening broken record coming from the medical staff. I don't care how nice of guys they are, how many accomplishments a 60 year old man has or how long they have been with the team. This is a business.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree. Strength and conditioning coaches and medical staff are squarely ON THE HOT SEAT. This is ridiculous
over and over all different players. It is as if these athletes are being told incorrect warm up and cool down procedures, and as a result, the team has a RASH of injuries. After a while there comes a time where a cause and effect relationship becomes significant. That time is now.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard that MM switched up the training they did this year to prevent this stuff..

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree. Strength and conditioning coaches and medical staff are squarely ON THE HOT SEAT. This is ridiculous
over and over all different players. It is as if these athletes are being told incorrect warm up and cool down procedures, and as a result, the team has a RASH of injuries. After a while there comes a time where a cause and effect relationship becomes significant. That time is now.

Fortunately or not, we don't have a cause and effect relationship. We have a correlation between the frequency of hamstring injuries and . . . . what? That's just it. Is it conditioning programs, warm-up routines, limited practices with pads, dumb luck, incorrect diagnoses or treatment? We fans are totally in the dark on this. We speculate. That's all we can do. It is up to TT and the coaching staff to take a serious, objective look at this and that's what I'm not sure they have done.

As I said in another post, if you want to have an objective analysis of your strength, conditioning and medical staff, an internal evaluation is not enough. You need an outside group of experts who have no vested interests in the organization to do their own evaluation, but of course, many organizations resist external scrutiny. Have the Packers done this or has it all been internal? TT and MM will probably never let that info become public.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have worked as a strength coach for another professional sport and I was absolutely graded on preventable soft tissue injuries.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More company line next man up crap coming from the staff again this week!!!

Finley didn't practice yesterday and isnt expected to today...same probably with Sitton. MM was all to quick to throw out that Newhouse would be the next man up. That makes me think there is no way sitton plays now.

The bright spot is that Finley went to Minnesota to get treatment instead of working with this over the hill has been medical staff in GB that will just not go away.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More company line next man up crap coming from the staff again this week!!!

Finley didn't practice yesterday and isnt expected to today...same probably with Sitton. MM was all to quick to throw out that Newhouse would be the next man up. That makes me think there is no way sitton plays now.

The bright spot is that Finley went to Minnesota to get treatment instead of working with this over the hill has been medical staff in GB that will just not go away.

Turnstyle Newhouse is not the next man up. He's the next man down(grade). If neither Finley nor Sitton can play against the Redskins that's a major hit to the offense.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Supposedly Siton's back is just tight. He should be fine in a few days. This is good news since back injuries for OL are like toe injuries for RB's.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is excellent news. Thank you again to Finley for getting treatment outside the facility instead of being sucked into the black hole training room.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett practiced last week too but still didn't play. McCarthy is playing his cards tight like any coach, but word also surfaced that Chris Banjo may get a shot if McMillan or Jennings fails for a second straight week.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://sulia.com/channel/green-bay-packers/f/42f0ef50-6478-41aa-a2b5-16f7c2c468a0/?source=fb

For those bothered by #Packers injuries, coach Mike McCarthy talked about team protocol for them today. Quote:

"Every injury has to be looked at not only in the category but by the individual, and every individual case is different,” McCarthy said. “What happened leading up to the injury? Was there another injury that may have led to it? The balance, all those things are factored. Our training staff looks at video, watches the particular injury, it’s broken down. We treat them all the same, we have a procedure, they got through a rehab process, and really no one’s put on the field until both the player and the medical staff feel they’re ready to go 100 percent.”

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not interested in the company line. I am interested in the bottom line. There need to be less preventable soft tissue injuries, ACL injuries need to stop costing players games in multiple seasons. Unless its a head, neck or spine injury players need to start returning to the field in a more aggressive time frame. This 100 percent, next man up, ultra conservative approach is not something you can afford when you have a 53 man roster and are competing at the highest level.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not interested in the company line. I am interested in the bottom line. There need to be less preventable soft tissue injuries, ACL injuries need to stop costing players games in multiple seasons. Unless its a head, neck or spine injury players need to start returning to the field in a more aggressive time frame. This 100 percent, next man up, ultra conservative approach is not something you can afford when you have a 53 man roster and are competing at the highest level.
Why don't you apply for the job then? Fact is, our injury situation isn't any different than anyone else's.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fact is, our injury situation isn't any different than anyone else's.
Actually, it IS different than EVERYONE else's. Each team's injuries, amount of, severity of, are unique to each team.
Some have better luck, some have worse. Some in the middle.

By the way, what a bummer Nick Perry already, again, has something holding him back.
This time it was "a stinger"?
Last Packer who had that was Nick Collins.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Actually, it IS different than EVERYONE else's. Each team's injuries, amount of, severity of, are unique to each team.
Some have better luck, some have worse. Some in the middle.

By the way, what a bummer Nick Perry already, again, has something holding him back.
This time it was "a stinger"?
Last Packer who had that was Nick Collins.
Actually it was Jeff Saturday.

Members online

Latest posts