Why Risk it?

Grode80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having slept on it jumping up to just take Love still isn’t sitting well. It doesn’t make sense, fans are saying it’s fine cause they are looking toward the future. But what doesn’t make sense is Love was an adequate QB in college at best in a weaker division. At least Wentz put up the numbers to be drafted having not played in D1. Plus the Packers could’ve easily found a QB 2-3 years from now they really liked. Especially when you pass up on immediate help in Patrick Queen or Tee Higgins. This also isn’t anything like when Rodgers was drafted to replace Favre, Rodgers easily could’ve been a top overall pick...Love simply isn’t. Not only that but Rodgers has been adamant that he wants to finish his career in Green Bay playing into his 40s. This feels like a reach just in hopes of finding the next Patrick Mahomes or Lamar Jackson, but Tua is going to be that over Love. Sure maybe Love turns out to be the next big thing, but why risk it when we were so close to a Super Bowl and the only things holding us back was talent that could’ve helped immediately that was readily available for the pick.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
considering most teams miss on a QB every single year, I don't think we could have easily found one in 2-3 years. i'm not saying Love is the man, I have no idea, but finding QB's is far from easy.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers used two draft picks to pick a guy who makes terrible decisions with the ball and, when throwing into tight windows, lead the FBS in interceptions. Yeah, his highlights are great, but his consistency (important for a QB) is just not there.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having slept on it jumping up to just take Love still isn’t sitting well. It doesn’t make sense, fans are saying it’s fine cause they are looking toward the future. But what doesn’t make sense is Love was an adequate QB in college at best in a weaker division. At least Wentz put up the numbers to be drafted having not played in D1. Plus the Packers could’ve easily found a QB 2-3 years from now they really liked. Especially when you pass up on immediate help in Patrick Queen or Tee Higgins. This also isn’t anything like when Rodgers was drafted to replace Favre, Rodgers easily could’ve been a top overall pick...Love simply isn’t. Not only that but Rodgers has been adamant that he wants to finish his career in Green Bay playing into his 40s. This feels like a reach just in hopes of finding the next Patrick Mahomes or Lamar Jackson, but Tua is going to be that over Love. Sure maybe Love turns out to be the next big thing, but why risk it when we were so close to a Super Bowl and the only things holding us back was talent that could’ve helped immediately that was readily available for the pick.
Queen or Higgins would have been my choice. But I’m not the GM. At this point, I hope we get an impact WR and depth at OT, ILB, and DL. Seems GB’s GMs have had more luck in rounds 2, 3 and 4 anyway. But this does feel like a reach. I don’t think you can will a Mahomes-wannabe into the real thing. Love either has it, or he doesn’t.

Latest posts