1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why retired players should never be allowed to have a say in awards or the HOF

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Apr 26, 2012.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Feb 13, 2010
    On nfl network no huddle ,they asked a question who would be the number pick if there was a redraft or who the best player is, Deion and Irvin quickly said Rodgers and marshall Faulk said "i might agree with that if i didnt see Matt Flynn put up record numbers, and i would say the same thing about brady, if i didnt see Matt Cassell win 10-11 games for that team."

Bc system QBs lead the league in TDs outside the pocket.

Oh and I stole this thread from a bears forum.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan Cheesehead

Aug 4, 2011
    I can't understand a word of this...sorry.
  3. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Jan 17, 2012
    There's a lesson here: The NFL Network has nothing but crap programming outside of actual NFL games...

Since I'm insulting sports television networks, anyone ever listen to Skip Bayless over on ESPN? -It's like they just hired an a$$clown to say dumb stuff and take controversial positions just to fill airtime during the day. The man is either completely oblivious or he stopped giving a ****...
  4. GWheels

GWheels Cheesehead

Jan 31, 2011
    He saying if their was a draft with current NFL players, who would be the number 1 pick. Marshall Faulk is saying he doesn't necessarily agree with Rodgers or Brady because Flynn and Cassel were successful on these teams because of the system they play in.
  5. cupacker

cupacker Cheesehead

Jan 8, 2011
    so basically he's saying QB isn't the most important person on the field... what an idiot... I'd love to see him argue that point with Vic Ketchman lol
  6. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Dec 9, 2004

I had to re-read your subject line to get your drift... if his Rams didn't have a "system" QB, he'd be employed elsewhere because there'd have been NO Super Bowl for Marshall Faulk. I don't give a rat's *** who the QB is...if they're successful, they're successful within a system. Favre was most successful within a strict West Coast offense...as was Montana...as was Staubach, Starr and Bradshaw. As soon some moron commentator, whether they've played the game or not, spouts "system quarterback" as a derogatory, I tune them out because what he's really thinking is that HE made HIS system QB successful.

I think that former players should be allowed to vote for HOF if they've actually graduated from college and the principle their degree is in is something besides Underwater Basket Weaving.
    • Like Like x 1