Why Mike Sherman should be fired....

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DEFENSE...

Mike Sherman has done absolutely NOTHING of worth with the GB Defense in 5 YEARS!

He is the HEAD coach, isn't he?...not just the Offensive coach..but you wouldn't know that by his actions...

ALL SHERMAN HAD TO DO..when he came on board in 2000 was get Brett Favre some receivers to throw to, and build a respectable defense....

(not even a top 5 defense..mind you..but maybe 10th or 12th ranked in the league...)

He had Brett Favre..he had a decent o-line and running back in place...just get Favre the receivers...and build a solid defense..and I guarantee you the Packers would have made it to the NFC championship game and probably the SB already...in spite of Rossley and Sherman's inept play calling and game management --because he had Favre and Co...making plays..Now he doesn't even have that...

HE HAS BASICALLY IGNORED THE DEFENSE FOR 5 YEARS...
(maybe he thinks he can win with only half a team..but i think he just doesn't know what the f*** he is doing..like his choices of asst. coaches...And i don't want to here that he was hamstrung by the cap..or you only have so much $$ and talent to go around because it's bull****)

Also, why is it..when i see the Packers..i rarely see any receivers getting OPEN..like I do on just about any other football game that i watch..?

(and I don't want the Favre bashers saying that he missed an open receiver on a play that he didn't see one time, but that they saw....it happens to all QB's from time to time..)

What is Favre supposed to do when nobody is open...and they are not open ALOT...or when he drops a ball into a receivers hands and they bat it around til it gets intercepted?)

What is he supposed to do when the running game isn't working and his receivers aren't getting open? Isn't that what a tight end is for? To get open across the middle and beat a LB to move the chains and keep the drive going...Why doesn't the PAck have this outlet?

Do you remember during the Holmgren era that he used to spread the ball around to MANY different receivers, and you didn't know what play was coming..and it all worked?

What was that...a game plan? Why does it now seem that it is all on Favre's shoulders to throw bombs to unopen receivers...somehow hoping that they come down with it?

Is this the Sherman game plan?

Seems not to be working to me, if it is....

(net..you're slavish defense of Sherman at this point is getting embarrassing...can't you see what is right before your eyes? others are beginning to see it...net, why can't you?)

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey 66, I was talking just yesterday about the Packers inability to get receivers wide open. EVERY week, I see damn near EVERY team in the league find a way to get one or more of their receivers wide open...typically by design with other receivers pulling coverage to clear an area to operate.

I think the writing is on the wall for Sherman, and just as he seems incapable of leading a team with game pressure mounting, I think we will watch him devolve weekly as his employment situation becomes increasingly grim.

D

Dan115

Looks like The Packers may have some good selections coming up in next months draft. Who would you like to see The Pack draft?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
66... so now you want Sherman to be fired? Talk about wishy washy!

I may soon have to agree with you. If Sherman wouldn't have told Davis to blow the snap on the extra point instead of connecting on their 158th straight , we might have won the game. Or, if he didn't have Longwell pull that 42 yard field goal left, who knows. It could have been the fact that he forget to tell our 15 year veteran HOF QB to throw the ball to the guys wearing the same colored jersey as his. You know what....I bet he forgot to remind the referees the difference between an incomplete pass and a fumble....what a *******....fire him!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is the acountability for these glowing player failures, DePack? Favre has gotten worse under MS 's tenure...how does that happen??!! Too enamored of the old Pro Bowler to coach his ***....which he needs as much today as when a young rookie.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He sits with Favre alone EVERY Tuesday and watches film. He does coach him. What gives you guys the idea that he stopped coaching him? Favre admitted on 2 of those passes he took too much off them. How in the hell is that Sherman's fault. I love Brett but those are just flat out his dumb mistakes. Go ahead and get a new head coach and all of a sudden Favre will turn into Bart Starr....conservative, careful with the ball and take no chances ...right?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Basically, they have failed to impress upon Favre that he has to be very careful and pick his spots when he gets into "go for broke" mode. There isa difference between being agressive, which Favre has always been, and reckless, which he is now becoming.

Do players make the decision not to go for the 2 point conversion?

Do players call the most ******** 2nd and long plays week in week out...the entire bar was correct about 80 percent of the time second and long came up...it is called telegraphing, or, being obvious...kinda like against MN last year in the playoffs when their defense knew hat was coming because they saw the same **** 2 weeks earlier.

Bottom line...the players on offense need to improve, but the same MUST be said forthe HC and OC. How is it they continue to get a complet pass with some of you folks?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A FREE PASS? By disagreeing that a coach should be fired everytime they lose is now considered a free pass? How about holding the players accountable? And don't say that is the coaches job. Holding Sherman accountable is TT's job. Holding TT accountable is Harlan's job. You get the idea.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
playcalling and not being predictable is important, BUT...

remember, Ahman ran for 1883 yards 2 yrs ago, and a lot of that yardage was thanks to the U-71. The ref would announce to the entire stadium that Barry was eligible, and EVERYONE knew that a pitch to Barry's side was coming up. Can't get more predicatable than that, yet Green had the 7th (?) best rushing season for an rb in history.

As DePack said...the players are the ones executing the play on the field. They are the ones who kick, catch, tip, break on, or throw the ball. No matter how good of a play caller you are, if the players don't execute on the field, it's all for naught.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, musccy, but we are no longer a talented enough team to do as we wish, when we wish, against any defense we go up against. In the reality of a weakened roster, one must find creative new ways to get done what was previously taken for granted.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saying Sherman didn't get receivers five years ago is unfair, he wasn't GM then. Also Wolfe was overrated and made plenty of mistakes. How about his trading up to the ninth spot and taking Jamal Reynolds. Actually the rumor was that he did it to get a big time receiver for Favre but that guy was taken in the 8th spot by Seattle. His name of Koren Robinson, how did he turn out? We have 10 years of bad picks, bad acquisitions, and rewarding the wrong people. It has caught up to us. We build the championship teams on smart picks in the middle rounds. We aren't doing that anymore. The one good deal Sherman made was getting Al Harris.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts