1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why it would be cool to somehow win the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by BryanAschenbrenner, Dec 13, 2007.

1. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am really pushing for a Packers-Colts Super Bowl. Here is why.

1) Brett Favre was the young guy coming off of a SB win in the SB loss to the Broncos, John Elway was the old guy. In this case, Peyton Manning would be the young(er) guy coming off of a SB win, and Brett would be the old guy.

2) It would be 10 years since we lost that SB to the Broncos.

3) Brett Favre makes Chuck Norris cry*

*the last one is more of a nice fact than a cool reason to win the superbowl.

Can anyone think of any other reasons like this as to why it would be nice for a superbowl win without saying "because its a super bowl win" type deal?

2. BlueMoose

BlueMoose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All those pigs on the sausage farm will not have died in vein.

3. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Green Bay would shutdown for a week and it would be mayhem where I live. I can remember the 96 Super Bowl team. I don't think a store was open.

Seeing Brett Favre win a Super Bowl would really put the icing on the cake. Imagine Bob Harlan, Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy, and Brett Favre up there.

All 4 have been heavily criticized in the past few years at one point or another.

4. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It'd be sweet to have a 2-0 record against the Patriots in Super Bowls.

5. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    HERE HERE!

6. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    it would be just great to me :D

7. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it would be nice against New England because Moss went to the Pats to win a ring instead of going to GB.

8. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to see Favre say to hell with the conservative play calling (even though it's worked) and unleash the beast one more time in the Superbowl against the evil Patriots and their Lex Luthor coach. 35-28, Favre throws for 5 TD's, runs around the field like a boy, and the rest of the team lines up to get fireman carried.

9. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would love this one.

10. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I want us to win the superbowl just because it will let me have bragging rights on my bears forum for a whole year.

11. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope we get a ring for Rob Davis, our long snapper. He got here the year we lost the Super Bowl to Denver, and has been here ever since. The guy deserves it for sticking around with us for that long.

12. mi_keys

mi_keys Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ...and the winning touchdown should go to Gregorious Jennings because we used New England's draft pick to take him with Moss getting completely shut down all game. That would be such a slap in the Patriots face.

13. slowsinistermo

slowsinistermo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    '

although he didnt choose to go to NE great point

14. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's interesting you bring that up. I don't think there are too many people on this forum (and Packer fans in general) who aren't guilty of criticizing one of those 4.

The main reason I'd like to see it is I'd like to see Favre ride into the sunset with an SB win. Would be nicer for back-to-back if he comes back next year, but I think this year might be his last year because he's tired of the injuries. Just my thoughts, I don't know Brett Favre personally, but I get that feeling.

15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Seeing the look on Javon Walker and Darren Sharper's faces!!! :lol:

16. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And Randy "I want to be on the Patriots so I can get a ring" Moss's.

17. shanks2122

shanks2122 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i wanna see donald driver, al harris, charles woodson (anyone else gettin older) win a title.

Those guys are gettin up there in age and everyone knows how hard it is to even make the playoffs

18. slowsinistermo

Ratings:
    +0
    youngest team in the league

19. shanks2122

shanks2122 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i know they are the yougest in the league but i wanna see the older guys get their chance, but right now i think is the packs best chance (if farve does not come back next year) to win the bowl

20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh yeah!!! That would be SWEET to see ol' Randy, looking at his naked hand!!! :D

21. slowsinistermo

Ratings:
    +0
    I meant thats another reason itd be sweet lol

22. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Before the season started, all the experts predicted the Packers to finish with a 9-7 record or worse. Most said that GB wouldn't make the playoffs and didn't have a chance. Even after the first half of the season (a 7-1 record), the 'experts' still said that GB wasn't for real - they're just getting lucky and a lack of a running game will kill them when it matters. Many said that Favre was foolish to come back again and should have retired before getting embarrassed this season.

Of course I believe that SB talk is still far too early. Keep the focus each week. I hope that our players don't fall into the rest and play soft because 'there's nothing to play for'. I hate that mentality. We need to beat St. Louis to shore up the #2 seed. We need to beat down on Chicago - make up for bad loss - and Detroit - division dominance. We need to go into the playoffs firing on all cylinders! Heck, we are looking at having a bye week to rest up, why let players rest too early??

Winning is contagious and so is lossing. We need to play to win in order to be ready for playoff time!

GO PACK GO!!!

23. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :rotflmao:

24. flep

flep Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It would be sweet to look all those people in the eye who said Brett should have retired a few seasons ago and was only interested in the record book.

Well the record book would say Brett had 2 Superbowl rings and that is far more important than passing records.

Oh and Brett would make me cry again as well. I wept buckets when we won in 1997.

25. CaptainItchy

CaptainItchy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Probably the # 1 reason: Don't think any other quarterbacks will ever have Rings 11 years apart... Don't think it will ever happen again IF we win this year - Now, that's a record NO ONE will break!!!