Why it would be cool to somehow win the Super Bowl

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am really pushing for a Packers-Colts Super Bowl. Here is why.

1) Brett Favre was the young guy coming off of a SB win in the SB loss to the Broncos, John Elway was the old guy. In this case, Peyton Manning would be the young(er) guy coming off of a SB win, and Brett would be the old guy.

2) It would be 10 years since we lost that SB to the Broncos.

3) Brett Favre makes Chuck Norris cry*

*the last one is more of a nice fact than a cool reason to win the superbowl.

Can anyone think of any other reasons like this as to why it would be nice for a superbowl win without saying "because its a super bowl win" type deal?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay would shutdown for a week and it would be mayhem where I live. I can remember the 96 Super Bowl team. I don't think a store was open.

Seeing Brett Favre win a Super Bowl would really put the icing on the cake. Imagine Bob Harlan, Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy, and Brett Favre up there.

All 4 have been heavily criticized in the past few years at one point or another.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see Favre say to hell with the conservative play calling (even though it's worked) and unleash the beast one more time in the Superbowl against the evil Patriots and their Lex Luthor coach. 35-28, Favre throws for 5 TD's, runs around the field like a boy, and the rest of the team lines up to get fireman carried.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want us to win the superbowl just because it will let me have bragging rights on my bears forum for a whole year.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we get a ring for Rob Davis, our long snapper. He got here the year we lost the Super Bowl to Denver, and has been here ever since. The guy deserves it for sticking around with us for that long.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it would be nice against New England because Moss went to the Pats to win a ring instead of going to GB.

...and the winning touchdown should go to Gregorious Jennings because we used New England's draft pick to take him with Moss getting completely shut down all game. That would be such a slap in the Patriots face.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay would shutdown for a week and it would be mayhem where I live. I can remember the 96 Super Bowl team. I don't think a store was open.

Seeing Brett Favre win a Super Bowl would really put the icing on the cake. Imagine Bob Harlan, Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy, and Brett Favre up there.

All 4 have been heavily criticized in the past few years at one point or another.

That's interesting you bring that up. I don't think there are too many people on this forum (and Packer fans in general) who aren't guilty of criticizing one of those 4.

The main reason I'd like to see it is I'd like to see Favre ride into the sunset with an SB win. Would be nicer for back-to-back if he comes back next year, but I think this year might be his last year because he's tired of the injuries. Just my thoughts, I don't know Brett Favre personally, but I get that feeling.

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wanna see donald driver, al harris, charles woodson (anyone else gettin older) win a title.

Those guys are gettin up there in age and everyone knows how hard it is to even make the playoffs

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know they are the yougest in the league but i wanna see the older guys get their chance, but right now i think is the packs best chance (if farve does not come back next year) to win the bowl

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before the season started, all the experts predicted the Packers to finish with a 9-7 record or worse. Most said that GB wouldn't make the playoffs and didn't have a chance. Even after the first half of the season (a 7-1 record), the 'experts' still said that GB wasn't for real - they're just getting lucky and a lack of a running game will kill them when it matters. Many said that Favre was foolish to come back again and should have retired before getting embarrassed this season.

Of course I believe that SB talk is still far too early. Keep the focus each week. I hope that our players don't fall into the rest and play soft because 'there's nothing to play for'. I hate that mentality. We need to beat St. Louis to shore up the #2 seed. We need to beat down on Chicago - make up for bad loss - and Detroit - division dominance. We need to go into the playoffs firing on all cylinders! Heck, we are looking at having a bye week to rest up, why let players rest too early??

Winning is contagious and so is lossing. We need to play to win in order to be ready for playoff time!

GO PACK GO!!!

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be sweet to look all those people in the eye who said Brett should have retired a few seasons ago and was only interested in the record book.

Well the record book would say Brett had 2 Superbowl rings and that is far more important than passing records.

Oh and Brett would make me cry again as well. I wept buckets when we won in 1997.

CaptainItchy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably the # 1 reason: Don't think any other quarterbacks will ever have Rings 11 years apart... Don't think it will ever happen again IF we win this year - Now, that's a record NO ONE will break!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts