Why isn't Nall going to step in for farve?

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forgive me for being ignorant about your quarterback situation. Why isn't Nall going to replace Farve when he retires? The times I've seen him play he has been outstanding. His stats prove it too. I would think that a guy who has learned from Farve the last few years and has looked good the few times he has gotten on the field would have a better shot than a rookie. I personally would love for Nall to get a shot in Detroit but doubt it would ever happen.

attempts--33--completions--23--yards--314--TD--4--INT--0--rating--139.4

anyone care to explain this to me?

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've touched on a question I've wondered about too. I really like him and don't understand why they don't give HIM t he job. He'll probably leave now and shine somewhere else, but I don't get it either.

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the answer is "bad luck." When Rodgers, a first round draft pick, unexpectedly fell to the Packers Nall automatically went from #2 to #3. But don't write off Nall just yet. Should FavreO hang it up this year Nall could very well beat out Rodgers for the starting job. At least that is what Nall thinx.

http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/nov05/374107.asp

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree...I like Nall too, and even tho A.R is there by no means should it be automatic that he is the #2 guy...

Maybe the coaches just figured might as well give him the #2 spot last year just to get him used to the way things work with more of hands on approach...Nall knows all of that already, so if that is the case, makes sense to me...

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Nall could beat out Rogers at this point in time.
First the Pack would have to sign him which they won't do until Favre declares his intentions. Of course whether or not they sign him will probably depend on the coaching situation also.
Then again Rogers has the big contract and I'm quite sure Teddy will want to get him on the field as quickly as possible.
If Nall wants to stay with the Packers and get the starting job, he is between a rock and a hard place. Nothing is in his favor right now.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
He's awful in practise, so bad he's almost been cut. Based on those performances, the coaches don't trust him.
Hadn't heard that, He has looked pretty good in the preseason games I've seen him in at Lambeau and in the little bit of playing time he had in regular season games.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
33 attempts in mopup duty does not really show anything. If he can't beat out these other guys in practice he will never get the job.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
33 attempts in mopup duty does not really show anything. If he can't beat out these other guys in practice he will never get the job.

I never did understand the Nall situation myself, thanks for the insight DePack, seems to make simple sense to me now. :wink:

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He came in the Giants game when Favre got K.O'd in 04 and played great. He torched the Bears for the entire 2nd half in 04 at Soldier Field.

Mop-up ? I don't think so.

I heard he has trouble learning the offense and this could be the reason. He's big, can run and has a rocket launcher for an arm. Maybe he needs a good QB coach like the one's the Pack had during the Holmgren era. There was nobody on Sherman's staff to help this kid develop his talents.

That is one of the reason's that I am glad to see Sherman outta of here. He would never have developed Rogers.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packman....the Bears game was the last game of the season. We had clinched the division and the bears were going through the motions. That's mop-up.

His 2 best statistical games were against the Titans after we were blown out and against the eagles after we were blown out Against the eagles he was 8/11 95 yards and 2 tds.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, most of his passes were just dinky little checkdowns in garbage time. The stats don't tell the whole story.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
ahaug82 said:
Yeah, most of his passes were just dinky little checkdowns in garbage time. The stats don't tell the whole story.

Agreed.

I still like the kid though. I just want to see him on the field for atleast a half when it really matters in a game.

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack- The Bears game was mop-up? It was under the same conditions that the Packers beat the Seahawks this year. Are you saying the Bears of 04 or the Packers of 05 did not try to win thier last game?

Saying the Bears game was mop-up is the exact same thing as saying the Packers defense did not try to beat Seattle this year. BUNK!!!!!

Members online

Latest posts