1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Why is PF.COM dead lately?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by tromadz, Oct 20, 2006.

1. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    so if we're down to 10 people here, where did they all go? As far as I know only Tromadz and Zero are posting over at the dailypackers :p

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Plz don't mention that here. Ryan will ban me an blame me for it :(

Those who know the link to the site, are viewing it ;) The word will get out about the site. I'm just not going massive advertising because well, I don't have the time. I pushed back some study time to get some of the graphics done and now I gotta get caught up.

3. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Maybe they jumped off that band wagon eh?

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude, you can't be serious. I am more than fair game in stepping up and saying I should have done something different, and I made the mistake when things between me and someone else I respect on the forums get out of hand. So perhaps I have been a little agressive in debating some stuff lately, but realize that the people I do it with would know I don't mean to tear them apart over their views/opinions.

BTW - look at my avatar, my mom says I'm cool! :p

See, this is something I still can't figure out. You come on here, bashing the Packers, then think lesser of us when we defend the Packers. What do you expect, we are Packer fans. Do you want us to stop thinking, and hoping and just go alng with you? Won't happen man.

I like 4pack, Packerchick and Heather being on here because it provides a different view altogether. 4Pack is the type of person who likes to joke around, and some of the members here, including myself at times, joke around with her. If you see it as flirting/going googoo-gaagaa over 4pack, good for you.

As for the posters, yeah sorry we all don't have the time to come on everyday, post and share our thoughts. Shame on us for having a life, putting work/family/other things before getting out to the forums to post. You know people have a life, and if you expect everyone here to spend each waking moment on the site, or a majority of our time in the day, then that is too much.

You wouldn't have an idea of what goes on behind the scenes, so you can't really comment on trom and I joking around with 4pack.

You wanna think I'm stuck up, a jerk, an idiot? So be it, I honestly don't give a damn. I have obviously shown myself to be competent to the people that it matters to, and for that I am greatful and happy.

I have engaged you in a civil debate at times when I know you have pointed out valid things, and present an alternative opinion with respect. I think it was fun to go back and forth with you without dropping the gloves and going at each others throats. It's just that your blunt remarks which might be more appropriate on the Smack Area get old. I'd love to go and talk to you at length about the Packers rebuilding, Favre, A-Rod, etc. as long as you don't go out and start acting like a Bears fan who is here to gloat about his team being better.

5. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Good post, ... you did leave yourself open for a lot of 'blasting' as my status quo I'm gonna go the funny route and say, you cannucks always gotta try to do things different huh?
    Family!!!!! :p

6. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    THIS is the zero I miss. :(

Good catch BTW :lol:

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Always been here, jus some subjects the perception is bias (for you know who) and my comments get blurred. :)

:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

8. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Ain't that the truth man. Ish happens.

Do you feel a hugging moment coming up too? :p

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    keep the gayness to the greg jennings thread please.

10. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Can I shave my arse first?

11. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well I haven't been as active because of school. I mean I don't have a crapload f homework or anything but, during the summer I had a heck of a lot more time.

12. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I am so sorry man. Am I blunt? Yes. Did I call you stuck up, a jerk or an idiot? No, I have never said that but you cannot take every comment that does not rhyme with Lombardi as smack or a personal insult just like right now.
    Perhaps you like your comments with extra sugar coating on them.
    Hey! Don't mention that the Bears are a better team than the Packers! :thumbsup:

I did not ask why the site seems so dead, but Trom was right. Look through the comments. It really is the same people over and over.
    I recently did not come by here for like 9 or 10 days and when I did look at it all I saw was the same old stuff.
    That is why a lot of people do not post here any longer. I doubt that they find the personal conversations between a handful of people (that far too often have nothing to do with the topic) very interesting. I know that I don't.

This is not about people putting other things first. Why did they have the time to make so many posts before? This is the middle of football season. What do you think they are waiting for? The draft?
    Do you see any day time posts from me? I only do this from work man.
    I am alone in this room for 12 hours a night so my friends and family do not suffer because I stopped by to make a comment on a football site.
    You take this stuff too personal as if you are Brett Favre's cousin or the keeper of a secret magic scroll or something and you make it out to be more serious than it ever should be.
    Everyone seems pissy and I guess that it is because the Packers are having another losing season. It is not the end of the world.

After almost 1,700 posts have I ever said or done anything that has got me banned?

13. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    hey everybody...i just took off my pants in here!

14. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    phil (the bears fan) is at work & getting paid so he comes on a packers site...yeah, that makes complete sense.

15. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Isn't it amazing that Phil added the Brett Favre comment. No, he's not obsessed!!!

The reason there have been fewer posts is because a few of the regular posters got suspended or banned. Trom was suspended as was pyle. They are huge contributors. Pyle decided not to come back. Zero is a posting machine but apparently he has moved on somewhat.

One of the reasons I think it has dwindled is because, get ready for this, there is too much moderating going on. I am not pointing fingers at anyone in particular but when I get warnings because someone doesn't like my sarcasm or tone, that's bs. I have taken it to the admin and everything is cool but it should never come to that. Everybody posts with a different personality. All of the "over-moderating" , in my opinion only, has caused many of those personalities to walk away.

16. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Overmoderating?? Like I said before, there are a lot less garbage posts and it sure is welcome by me. It's a nice change.

17. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Overmoderations, undermoderation - it's never going to please everyone, but this is the route we have taken now so that's the tone of the site. We tried to play it easy in the past and people complained, posts got crazy and it came to a head. Now we have more staff reading the posts and we will see how it goes.

Freedom of speech? Yes we allow that here, with the fun part being it’s a PRIVATE site with PRIVATE terms/rules of use and the staff will do their best to enforce those rules for the best interest of the site.

18. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I just answered trom's question as to why their are less posts. I didn't say it was better or worse. I know for a fact that a couple people have left because of it. Better or worse? That's for each individual to decide, but I spoke to you via PM about trying to control personalities (not you personally) and it's cool. I think it's gotten better......at least until I feel TT needs to be ripped again :thumbsup:

19. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    No worries DePack that wasn't in response to you alone. Just wanted to get how I felt about it out there.

20. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah depack, you've got nothing to worry about here.

21. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Hmmmm...I wonder what that means. I guess I'm not as much a man as you are since I've never been suspended. What's the matter....you can't go a week without starting something?

22. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    nobody is starting anything. thanks for answering the initial question.

23. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    my pants are still off..i'm partying over here guys!

24. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    am i invited, arrow?!?

25. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    everybody's invited 4pack...this is the pants off dance off! woohoo!!