1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why is PF.COM dead lately?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by tromadz, Oct 20, 2006.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I noticed this during my 14 day ban. People just don't post anymore. There would be times, where there might be a post hourly. It was weird. I commented on this to many pf.com users via AIM, and was wondering why this is.

Pf.com is nearing 1000 users so lack of posting shouldn't really be an issue. Any theories? (besides me posting every 5 minutes when im not banned...har har)

I mean, yeah it was the bye week, but this site was super active during the offseason and preseason, so bye week shouldnt make much of a difference.

Is it because the team is losing, so everyone is waving the team to the side? Theres a term for those people, but hopefully THATS not whats happening.

Theories?

2. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well...i'm still posting & that's all that matters, right?!? ;)

ok, ok...theories, right?? i know i'm busier than a two peckered billy goat lately & when i have a few minutes to spare, i have to check out the site so, being busy can't be an excuse.

maybe it is the bye week & the fact that we are losing. that'd be my best guess, trommy.

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice observation. Honestly, I think people have been a lot more busy lately. Stuff will always go on, you have winter fast approaching, and tasks usually tend to sprout up out of no where.

The bye week must also have contributed for sure, I mean you can only talk about next to nothing for so long...

4. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    your theorie is right trom.

another reason might be we didnt have 3 or the forums most active users during this period(you, pyle and zero).

when this forum was active most of the posts where just arguments between 3 or 4 people.

5. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I also have noticed this, right now it is just me and Tromadz on

6. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    their are alot more people on between 6 and 10 o clock. the forum is usually dead during the day expect weekends.

7. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Some folks have jobs - oh that's where I am now heh heh. Plus the bye week probably slowed things down a lot.

8. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya beat me to it Packin'. I think I have a job, but some people don't call playing games and teaching kids all day long a job. I've noticed I've been very busy too. aadp stated, "with winter fast approaching"....Ha!! It hit here overnite and this morning with 10" of the white stuff. Down below us not quite as much, but winter is here.

9. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There's a lot less garbage posts. I'll take fewer high quality posts than massive quantities of crap (as was the previous norm around here).

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I like the 'new' PF.com ... a lot.

;)

11. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I gotta quit hitting the Thanks button when I want to reply!
    Well I can't reply now anyway since I'm still laughing at 4Pack's 2peckered billygoat reference. LOL It's left me as useless as tits on a boar :rotflmao:

12. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm at work during the day including Saturdays, I sneak on once in awhile when I can..

13. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Good thing, that probably keeps 'edder in check! :wink:

14. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    PF.com LIVE!! LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

15. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There's just less to talk about then there was at the beginning of the season. I'd probably post as frequently if we were 4-1.

16. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Speaking for myself, I post a lot less often because it has gotten to be so boring.
    Every thread goes right into the back and forth name calling after 3 or 4 posts and when you take it to the smack area it is lame at best.

I also see a lot of people making claims to facts with out ever even checking to see if it is just bulls**t and a lot of the time it is just that.

You make a comment about Brett Favre and a few hysterical sheep come running out with the same old tired responses. It feels like I have stumbled into someone's dorm room while they are arguing about who is going to make the next beer run. Just dull stuff.

17. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL - somehow i just KNEW you'd appreciate that one, Cdn!! :thumbsup:
    gotta remember tits on a boar as well - hysterical farm humor - good stuff!

18. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Check, Check!!! Where is the money?? LOL :twocents:

19. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    What about the "Favre just throws it up and the WRs do all the work" comment?

It is a 2 way street.

20. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Bye week and losing, my wildest guess why its so dead too. Well liven up again.

21. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure the fact that you keep bringing up the same old tired questions shouldn't be taken into account.... :roll:

22. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    It's not dead. Just because its not up to your expectations doesn't mean its dead. The site is serving its purpose to nearly 1,000 happy registered users. Don't attempt to create drama out of nothing.

GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!

23. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Show me where I said that.

For a mod you really do not set a good example. You like to turn comments into a battle or smack and when some one obliges you, you then want to "remind" them that this is not the place.

If I said that the sky was blue you would swear that it was a different color. Green and gold I would guess.

You are down to about 10 people who post here on a regular basis. As soon as a woman makes any comment, regardless of the topic, you and Trom spend the next 15 posts giggling like 6th graders because there is a “girl” on the forum.

24. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i dont do that at all.

me and 4packgirl share a unique relationship(when her husband isnt around).

phil...go away.

25. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

haha thats funny .... ive even mentioned that to a key member of the staff an it was shrugged off as if it didnt exist. it may not 'exist' but then atleast im not the only one who is crazy :p