why is no one afraid of the cards????

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the cards can beat the seahawks tonight (not saying they are bad and shouldn't) with their 4th qb of the season then they must be doing something right. Their defense is not near as smash mouth but they are a nice lockdown team. What im saying is we shouldn't just assume that the cards will be a walk in the park.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think no one assume AZ is a walk in the park. I think its more of people like there percentage of facing a 3rd or 4th string qb.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This... I watched the 1st half vs Seahawks, the guy is horrible. Career coming in has 1 TD and 7 interceptions I believe.
Their defense was pretty bad too. It looked like they bought into their own hype.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That team has such an insane amount of injuries. Amazing that they have had this much success, honestly Arians should get coach of the year for what he has overcome.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their defense is legit but their offense is not, with Palmer not running the show. They get props for stalling the Seahawks in the first half but needed some help from their offense to maintain it for a full 60 minutes.

H

HardRightEdge

he has never thrown a TD in the NFL.
Lindley continues to extend his own NFL record for most passes thrown without a TD to start a career.

I'm not sure of the cause, but I can't recall the last season where I've seen such dreadful play out of bottom-half-tier starters and backup QBs. Maybe the decline of the pro-style offense at the college level has caught up with the NFL; maybe the pass-first game is asking too much of these guys.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
That team has such an insane amount of injuries. Amazing that they have had this much success, honestly Arians should get coach of the year for what he has overcome.
How many times did McCarthy win it previous to this year with the, as you say, "insane amount of injuries?"
Helps to have a fast start with 6 of 10 at home. 3 of the 1st 10 were against teams now in the playoffs. Less than .500 since then.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many times did McCarthy win it previous to this year with the, as you say, "insane amount of injuries?"
Helps to have a fast start with 6 of 10 at home. 3 of the 1st 10 were against teams now in the playoffs. Less than .500 since then.
They are very comparable situations Id say

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cards have fallen back down to earth of late but that should in no way take away the fantastic job Bruce Arians has done with that team. I hope he wins Coach of the Year because he has had this team playing above it's head this year and when you factor in what he did at Indy he sure is one hechuva coach. Man was I pulling for them to beat the Hawks last night but they just couldn't hold up for 4 quarters. When you don't have your QB, borderline/blossoming young stud RB and a gimpy Fitz it is damn near impossible to contend with the upper echelon teams in this league not to mention the defending champs. It is easy to see why nobody is overly scared of playing this current team but as I mentioned I think the world of Arians and his boys for the yeoman's effort they have put forward this season and think they are building a contender for years to come.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their defense was pretty bad too. It looked like they bought into their own hype.
AZ defenese is the real deal but you can only hold up so long they were on the field entirely to long. lindley could not move the ball at all and AZ couldn't run the ball at all. seattle wore their defense down second half.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think AZ would fare much better against Atlanta than Carolina ~ their constant blitzes would get to and rattle Matty Ice. Think Cam's feet could hurt them bad. If AZ does make it through round 1 and face GB would think AR could pick them apart if they incessantly blitz. Their offense is very, very NOT good.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think AZ would fare much better against Atlanta than Carolina ~ their constant blitzes would get to and rattle Matty Ice. Think Cam's feet could hurt them bad. If AZ does make it through round 1 and face GB would think AR could pick them apart if they incessantly blitz. Their offense is very, very NOT good.

Well, they already had their shot in Atlanta a few weeks ago and looked very bad there. I doubt they would fare any better with Lindley/Thomas instead of Stanton who they had at the time.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is why Capers shouldn't get a free pass for the the poor defense from 2011-2013. Everyone tried to use the "too many injuries" excuse, but it's possible to still field a good defense with injuries.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AZ defenese is the real deal but you can only hold up so long they were on the field entirely to long. lindley could not move the ball at all and AZ couldn't run the ball at all. seattle wore their defense down second half.
Arizona's defense ranks 24th and just gave up the most yards they've given up since they were the Chicago Cardinals. That includes some pretty bad teams over the years with some pretty awful quarterbacks. Their defense was just plain bad yesterday and has been mediocre all season.

When you look at the Cardinals overall, they seem to be a team that has been winning in spite of themselves. With the #24 defense and #28 offense, the fact that they've won 11 games is a bit of a puzzler. They average 3.3 yards per rush. They complete 56.6% of their passes (62.9% with Palmer). They're 24th in scoring. Yet somehow they are 4th in points allowed. They've survived on a +0.9 point scoring differential. What does all this point to? I'm not entirely sure but it looks like a team that has been very lucky, especially on defense. Maybe they're a team that is lazy until **** gets real in the 4th quarter. Either way, they are overachieving.

So am I afraid of this team? Not particularly. Rodgers should be able to light them up all day. Here's an interesting article on them:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/the-arizona-cardinals-have-been-the-luckiest-team-in-the-nfl/

Reaction score
That was not a contest.. that was a lesson in humility.. Imagine had Seattle not had 100 yards in penalties

D

Deleted member 6794

Arizona's defense ranks 24th and just gave up the most yards they've given up since they were the Chicago Cardinals. That includes some pretty bad teams over the years with some pretty awful quarterbacks. Their defense was just plain bad yesterday and has been mediocre all season.

When you look at the Cardinals overall, they seem to be a team that has been winning in spite of themselves. With the #24 defense and #28 offense, the fact that they've won 11 games is a bit of a puzzler. They average 3.3 yards per rush. They complete 56.6% of their passes (62.9% with Palmer). They're 24th in scoring. Yet somehow they are 4th in points allowed. They've survived on a +0.9 point scoring differential. What does all this point to? I'm not entirely sure but it looks like a team that has been very lucky, especially on defense. Maybe they're a team that is lazy until **** gets real in the 4th quarter. Either way, they are overachieving.

So am I afraid of this team? Not particularly. Rodgers should be able to light them up all day. Here's an interesting article on them:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/the-arizona-cardinals-have-been-the-luckiest-team-in-the-nfl/

Another example of yards allowed being a terrible indicator of the performance of a team's defense.

The Cardinals defense has been outstanding for most of the season and was the only reason the game vs. the Seahawks was close after three quarters. They fell apart in the fourth but only after giving their offense several chances to keep them in the game.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody is afraid of the Cardinals because elite quarterbacks (99% of the time) win Super Bowls. The Cardinals defense can only hold for so long. It's tough to win when your offense only scores 6 points a game.

D

Deleted member 6794

It seems like Drew Stanton will be out for the season after getting an infection in his surgically repaired knee. The Cardinals won't win a playoff game with either Ryan Lindley or Logan Thomas playing QB.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough breaks for the Cards. Tough to win when you're down to your 87th string QB.

Members online

Latest posts