Why I think Brett Favre should be traded...

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IronBMike said:
carol k said:
Ironmike. How in the world would trading Favre help the team? Thank goodness the team has Favre!!!! NO FAVRE TRADE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I mean is that it will help us create a strong team down the road. Getting a #1 draft pick and maybe more for him will really help. I think that if we lose and go 0-5, trade him, because we have low chances of making the playoffs and even if we do make the playoffs, we are not going anywhere. It would not help the team this year, but later on it would.

say the team goes 4-12, what kind of player could GB get? Reggie bush? could a player like bush prolong brett's career. why trade your best player, remember when the vikes traded for hershal walker

hdultraclassic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget about it! Favre is just now heatin up. Sherman-Rossley should know now by Monday night's performance to just get out of his way & let Favre be Favre. He's going to come out slinging on Sunday. He's had a lot of comeback victories. This year Brett is going to do it for the season rather than just a game. Hang in there, PackBuddies

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Brett has already said he would not play for another team and if ever traded he'd retire because he does not want to have to learn a new system.

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carol. Packerchick. Trade Favre? Have these fans completely lost their minds?

Are we alone in the universe of common sense?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ricky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66, so many responses, so little time. Good grief, your analysis of Sherman is quite possibly correct. Personally, I believe that without Favre he'd be Les Steckel. A good position coach promoted above his abilities. However, I disagree that the Packers haven't drafted to accomodate Favre. That is the role of Walker (a good year last year- then, who knows?). However, if you're going to delve into history- the Packers had a chance to draft Randy Moss ahead of Minnesota (instead, they chose Vonnie Holliday). Imagine Moss and Favre together. Two daring players of extreme ability, together on the same field. Good grief, the mind boggles.

ricky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade Favre? Of course! That's the answer! After all, a lot of teams will be lined up, waiting to sign an (almost) 36-year-old QB with a $10 MILLION salary cap to a long term contract. Plus, they'll eagerly give up draft choices and starters to get this player! Good idea. Before anyone responds, please tell me what team (or teams) would be willing to do this. Don't give me history lessons (The Hadl trade by the Packers; the Vikings trade to the Cowboys). Tell me specifically what team or teams would make a significant trade for Favre. Not speculation. Fact. Baltimore? Jets? Arizona? All possibilities. None of these will happen. Unless you can give really compelling reasons why this would, I'll consider this discussion ended.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
couple all that you said, ricky, with the fact that blockbuster trades do not occur in the NFL (w/ the exception of draft day), and yes, this a silly question.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine Moss and Favre together. Two daring players of extreme ability, together on the same field. Good grief, the mind boggles.[/quote]

that's my dream team, for sure. i bet if moss was a packer this season GBP would have three wins this season.

IMHO Favre puts the ball in a position to make plays, but his Wrers just aren't going after the ball. driver could have made a play on that last play on Monday night, and fergie has been a let down all season.

do we have a WRer in the huddle telling brett, "just throw me the ball, i'll go and get it." i don't think so.

Lock827

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has always been one of my favorite players. He was born about 30 minutes from where I grew up on the MS gulf coast. I still believe that Favre is one of the best in the game. He just doesn't have the supporting cast anymore.

I know some are going to hate me for this, but Green has been going down the last 2 years. He's still a good RB, but not a major weapon as he once was.

Walker really came into his own last year, and proved to be a major threat, so that really hurt losing him.

I don't know the cap situation, but I know it hurt losing 2 guards of that caliber in the offseason. O-lines take time to "gel" no matter how talented they might be.

I don't know much about your Defense, but I know Sharper was a major piece of that, so I'm sure his loss has been felt also.

I've kind of wondered about the Favre/rodgers situation, but I just can't see favre playing for anybody other than the pack.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right about Green but very wrong about Sharper. Sharper was flat out awful last year and is continuing his performance in MN. We are better at safety this year without him.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with those who said Favre won't play for another team. Below were some recent comments by Favre:

"No," Favre said two weeks ago when asked if he would consider playing elsewhere. "I promise you I won't be one of those guys who says that and then retires and shows up for someone else and they say, 'I knew it.' "

"The fact that I've spent so much time here in Green Bay and so many good things and so many bad things have happened that we do consider this our second home," Favre said. "And to start over, even if it's for a year, I can't think of too many guys who've started over and have had a successful year or two years or whatever.

"To me, it's not worth it. It's kind of like Jim McMahon, a good friend of mine. I know when he won that ring with us, it just didn't feel right. I mean, he would tell you that, too. 'Yeah, great, I got a ring, but it just didn't feel right.' And I've invested way too much time in this team and in this city and state, it wouldn't be right for me to play somewhere else."

JohnStofa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys ... Bengal fan here. This is none of my business, but I do have an opinion. And my opinion is, the Packers would be absolutely crazy to trade Brett Favre. He may not have started his career in Green Bay, but he long ago became a living legend and Packer icon. How can you ask more from a professional athlete than what Brett Favre has given to the Packers? He *might* be past his prime, but he's still better than most of the QB's currently starting in the NFL. The drop-off the Packers are enduring this year is not Brett Favre's fault, and it would be an absolute travesty if he was made to look like the scapegoat and traded. How can any Packer fan even think of trading this guy?! I'm not even a Packers fan, but to me it would be an injustice to all if he doesn't retire in a Packers uniform.

JohnStofa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
Below were some recent comments by Favre:

"No," Favre said two weeks ago when asked if he would consider playing elsewhere. "I promise you I won't be one of those guys who says that and then retires and shows up for someone else and they say, 'I knew it.' "

"The fact that I've spent so much time here in Green Bay and so many good things and so many bad things have happened that we do consider this our second home," Favre said. "And to start over, even if it's for a year, I can't think of too many guys who've started over and have had a successful year or two years or whatever.

"To me, it's not worth it. It's kind of like Jim McMahon, a good friend of mine. I know when he won that ring with us, it just didn't feel right. I mean, he would tell you that, too. 'Yeah, great, I got a ring, but it just didn't feel right.' And I've invested way too much time in this team and in this city and state, it wouldn't be right for me to play somewhere else."

OK, I should have read this before I made my previous comments. Thank goodness Brett Favre doesn't feel the same way some Packer fans do. I hope you guys win the rest of your games this year ... except for your game against my Bengals. :wink:

WHO DEY!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vixtalkn said:
Carol. Packerchick. Trade Favre? Have these fans completely lost their minds?

Are we alone in the universe of common sense?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Shame on them Vix. They have really lost it. Guess tough times can bear on a person mentally.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IF THE GREEN BAY PACKER ORGANIZATION HAD ANY "DECENCY" THEY WOULD OFFER FAVRE THE OPTION TO BE TRADED, OR ELSE..WHY DID SHEROSSLEY EVEN ASK HIM TO COME BACK AFTER WHAT THEY DID TO HIM WITH THIS GREEN BAY PACKER TEAM THIS YEAR...

Favre said it himself...if anyone says the word "rebuilding" to him, then it's time for Brett Favre to go home...

Well, what are the PAckers doing this year but rebuilding? Sorry, but they didn't hold up there end of the bargain......

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
IF THE GREEN BAY PACKER ORGANIZATION HAD ANY "DECENCY" THEY WOULD OFFER FAVRE THE OPTION TO BE TRADED, OR ELSE..WHY DID SHEROSSLEY EVEN ASK HIM TO COME BACK AFTER WHAT THEY DID TO HIM WITH THIS GREEN BAY PACKER TEAM THIS YEAR...

Favre said it himself...if anyone says the word "rebuilding" to him, then it's time for Brett Favre to go home...

Well, what are the PAckers doing this year but rebuilding? Sorry, but they didn't hold up there end of the bargain......

please..you think Brett wants to go anywhere? they would have to push him out the door. this hypothetical scenario is laughable..seriously.

spillage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading Farve would be like putting another hole in a sinking ship. I am sure if he no longer wants to play in Green Bay, he will go. Don't try to make this choice for him.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
WHY DID SHEROSSLEY EVEN ASK HIM TO COME BACK AFTER WHAT THEY DID TO HIM WITH THIS GREEN BAY PACKER TEAM THIS YEAR...

Pack, get your facts straight...TT is the GM and the one who is responsible for the roster this year. I don't really care what your opinion of MS is, but at least stop wasting space on the board by posting 400,000 posts screaming at the top of your lungs w/ inacurrate **** 'n moan sessions about about the guy.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...also, the Packers are not a member of Brett Favre. He is a member of the Packers. He is not above the team, and team decisions should not be made solely for Brett's sake.

Whether rebuilding or not, you want your team to be as successful as possible. Brett is currently the best of the qbs on the roster, who gives us the the best chance to be successful...he's signed the contract that said that I agree to play for the Packers...the Packers don't owe him anything (other than maybe a nice farwell in his final game, and a nice retirement ceremony like they gave Reggie).

TrueD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lock827 said:
Favre has always been one of my favorite players. He was born about 30 minutes from where I grew up on the MS gulf coast. I still believe that Favre is one of the best in the game. He just doesn't have the supporting cast anymore.

I know some are going to hate me for this, but Green has been going down the last 2 years. He's still a good RB, but not a major weapon as he once was.

Walker really came into his own last year, and proved to be a major threat, so that really hurt losing him.

I don't know the cap situation, but I know it hurt losing 2 guards of that caliber in the offseason. O-lines take time to "gel" no matter how talented they might be.

I don't know much about your Defense, but I know Sharper was a major piece of that, so I'm sure his loss has been felt also.

I've kind of wondered about the Favre/rodgers situation, but I just can't see favre playing for anybody other than the pack.

I think Green is still as good as he has been, IMO it’s just a lot for the O-line to take in, in a short time after losing two great players. They ( the new line ) do a better job pass blocking than run blocking right now but win or lose Green will be rushing better when that line gets better at blocking. 8)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trueD...some ppl on here pointed out some stats that Wahle and the carolina o-line haven't been doing so hot. Just wondering if you think the line has improved since the addition of Wahle, and if not, if Wahle isn't doing so hot 'cause the rest of the line isn't so great.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts