OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Musscy, Cali..et..al..

Of course i was happy to see the Packers win...(it was nice to see all of the Favre naysayers..and you know who you are Packernation..and others), have to eat some crow..also..i was happy for Favre..who's been busting his butt out there to get a win...

That being said...i can only feel in the back of my mind..that if Favre was to actually take this team, by some miracle, to the playoffs...would Sherman be able to coach them to get past the first round..or would he make some terrible game time decision again, not have the team prepared, or be predictable with his play calling once again, and it be one and done again?

Sorry, but I do not have the faith in this guy that some of you do. I have seen too many mistakes...lack of knowledge of the game...hesitancey...over analysis..etc..etc..from M. Sherman over the years to ever trust him again as head coach.....

and Cali..i have suggested 15-20 coaches who have been snapped up by other teams..who i would like to see coaching the PAckers...and there are still others out there...and the simple fact remains that Sherman is not the answer for the Packers, nor do i think he should be a HEAD coach in the nfl at all...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66....please answer this one question honestly. Maybe it will help myself and a few others on this board understand where you come from.

Why is it that Sherman is to blame for the 0-4 start but Favre is responsible for the 52-3 win? Even moreso, can you explain how you have already concluded that IF the Packers make it to the playoffs it will be because Favre led them there but if they lose Sherman will be the reason.

If you can't answer this logically without the words "fata$$", "larda$$" or "dumba$$" as descriptors we can conclude that it is just a personal hate for the man. Which is fine with me....I'd just like to know.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack...

Hate makes truth an impossibility. It clouds your vision...Pack66 can NOT answer...

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DePack, PAckitmaster..etc..

I've said this before, and i will say it again......

When it comes down to "COACHING DECISIONS" that have to be made in an important competitive game....Sherman "ALWAYS" f**** it up..."always"

You can see the indecision in his face on the sidelines...there are numerous examples of this....

Also...there appears to be a struggle between Sherrossley and Favre...ever since SherRossley was elevated to his current position....

Sherrosley wants his team to be a "run oriented" team first...and pass ..only to open up the run, and not the other way around (I think that Sherossley THINK's that they are running a west coast offense--but it is not so, by a longshot).....So for years, we have seen Sherrosley stick with the running game even when it wasn't working, thereby becoming predictable..and when the other team shut the Packer's running game down...Sherrosley didn't have an answer in the passing attack..and left it up to Favre to win the game for them....this has been the struggle all along with the offense..for 5 years now..

This is contrary to Brett Favre's style and ablilities as a football player...

Now..this seemed to have changed last week..and perhaps for the first time..Sherman is ACTUALLY calling the plays..instead of as Rossley has the first 4 weeks?...or perhaps they have given up and decided to stop fighting against their QB..and to call a game based upon Brett Favre's strengths as a QB...or a third option is thatFavre is actually calling his own plays....

this is what should be happening..Favre should be calling the plays....

Now the offense was clicking (against a bad Saints team mind you), but i know what happens when they play a tough team..and some things don't work as well. You see..I think that Sherman has a tendency to panic or freeze up...especially in big games...and that's when you will see poor decision making.

This is the crux of the matter. There are points in certain football games when a coach has to make a "strategic" decision (whether calling a play, managing the clock, or whatever) and I feel that Sherman has shown that he always makes the wrong call and blows the game.

THEREFORE I DO NOT TRUST HIS ABILITY TO LEAD THIS FOOTBALL TEAM.

If Sherrosley allows Brett Favre to be Brett Favre and surrounds him with enough talent, and calls the game in such a way to allow Favre to be successful..then the Packers most likely will win. But if he start over analysing and micromanaging his players, and calls the game too conservatively, which is SherRossley's natural inclination...then you have an 0-4 start...like we've seen every year!!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. To sum it up....I believe what you are saying is that when Favre doesn't throw picks and the other players don't make mistakes (+5 turnover margin), Sherman is a decent coach. When they are -9 in turnovers and the players are penalized every other play then Sherman sucks.

I do appreciate the answer but you still didn't explain how you know, in advance, that Favre will be the hero if we go to the playoffs but Sherman will be the goat if we lose in the playoffs.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Once again, I am afraid I am beyond your comprehension Depack:

That is not what I said AT ALL...

What i did say is that Sherman basically SUCKS as a HC and GM, and his only chance at success is to get out of his own way and let Brett Favre be Brett Favre by opening up this offense and calling some damn plays that utilize Favre's abilities instead of being so damned PREDICTABLE and UNCREATIVE...

that is if Favre's receivers can get open...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack...what were the Packers doing that was so drastically different on Sunday that they weren't doing the previous games? If anything they've been focusing more on the run as the season progressed, yet they exploded for 52 points.

IMO, the main reason for the Saints game was the defense...getting 5 turnovers and containing their run was key, and the win had little (relatively speaking) to do w/ Brett or what plays were called.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well..

if you want to be really fair..they just played a team that laid down on them...and the GB defense did play well...

But prior to the second half in the Panther game..SherRosley was still exhibiting his pig-ignorant playcalling in the face of the obvious...3rd and 3..RUN..against a 5 man DL with a weak, rookie Packer O-Line...

let Favre be Favre...

he will carry this team..and ****** Sherman on his back...pen stuck in his mouth and all....

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i threw it in there for "effect"...

and for the amusement of Depack....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts