1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Why I disapprove of the job TT is doing

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by hoos, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I don't know. I don't watch cartoons.

I'm sure this will be locked and I will be blamed. Par for the course

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    i'm locking this thread because of pyle, only pyle.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    [​IMG]

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOLOLOL!!!
    Always the victim.
    You can lock it cause of my Arrow! I don't mind! :thumbsup:

5. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I think Ted is doing a decent job so far. I'd like more activity in Free Agency, but so far there aren't too many complaints.

6. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    are we going to bring up every TT-hate thread? c'mon, let talk about somethin new.

7. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Apparently, going 3-0 means Ted Thompson is the next coming of Christ. Wait til GB actually accomplishes something. I am happy they are off to a 3-0 start but they could easily go 7-9 still. Don't jump the gun, it makes you look desperate.

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Whoa!!! Ted is the next coming of Christ? Here I just thought he was doing a decent job as the Packers GM thus far.
    :shrug:

9. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Thing is millertime, when these threads were started, it seemed like two or three " TT is the most heinous abomination to ever come into contact with a football team" arguments were coming around every week.

Some of them got heated, and alot of TT supporters got insulted and lectured like children. I think that they're just a good lesson in jumping all over management of a team before the season actually starts.

10. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Well, here's the first measuring stick

49ers: headed toward 2-2

GB: 4-0

TT's method looks legit to me........ right now anyway!

11. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

exactly nobody was complaining about all the TT hate thread popping up for the past three years... now the people who stood by the team and the GM have every right to show the others how misguided they have been.

12. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    ****** A!

13. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    ****** A!

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    ****** A!

15. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Does that mean I have the right to show the others how misguided they have been about Favre being washed up? ;)

16. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I was pretty sure that you already did that, and most of the us who said he was washed up have gladly, happily, whole-heartedly patted you and the others who stayed loyal to Brett on the back, and repented for our sins.

:)

17. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I tend to take one game at a time but you weren't here during the reign of some of these members. A lot of them were brutal and wrote the Packers off before this year even started.

I won't blame it one bit if some of the member gloat a little.

However you are right. Season isn't over yet but as of now it doesn't look like the Packers are going to end up 3 and 9 in their next 12 games.

18. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

The problem is this team is 4-0, not Super bowl champs or even a lock for the playoffs. Jumping the gun cause they are 4-0 is silly. Bringing up "I TOLD YOU SO" threads 4 weeks into the season reeks of desperation. When GB is in the SB, then you can rejoice and bring up threads like these.

I personally have some real question marks about this team. We can't run the ball and our Defense allowed way to much on the ground. I could care less about some silly TT is good/bad argument. I like to discuss all aspects of the team good and bad. I have my personal opinion of him. He's doing OK but he could have really done better by landing some solid RB and somehow fixing our subpar O-line which can't seem to run block. I am happy with him but to say he has been perfect or even close is really being a homer.

19. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree, we shouldn't celebrate being 4-0.

wait, what?

20. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    We all have question marks, but right now, everyone wants, well every Packers fan wants to enjoy something that hasn't happened in a long long time. A 4 and 0 start of the regular season.

These threads that keep popping up, their not "I told you so" threads. They're reminder threads.
    I recall many people saying we can't win without a running game.
    I recall many saying we can't win because we did't get Randy Moss
    I recall many saying the Packers won the last four games last year because it was against non playoff teams or against a team that didn't care.
    I recall many people bitching about drafting a DT in the first round instead of REACHING for a RB or WR.
    I recall... well you get the point ...

21. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

That was never said. Celebrate like crazy, thats what I have been doing. However realize it's a long season and to this point Brett has been carrying the offense on his shoulders. Eventually teams will take that away and we can't, at this point, seem to run the ball. If Brett goes down we will be in big trouble. Let's just hope he continues to be an iron-man. I like what Brett said. This team can't get full of themselves and realize they need to continue improving and playing hard. I just don't think 4-0 means we are Super Bowl locks by any means.

22. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Umm, who is saying we are Super Bowl locks?
    NO ONE

We are just enjoying the success of the team we have supported through the good times, the bad times and whatever other times present themselves UNLIKE some fair weather idiots who only come around to knock on the Packers when they lose. Or come around to bash the wins. Or those who come around and post **** trying to piss other peoples cheerios.

No one is saying the Green Bay Packers are Super Bowl locks. What most are saying is Green Bay Packers are the youngest team in the NFL, have a 4 - 0 record and the fans ******* LOVE IT.

Don't like it? Go be a Bears, Lions and/or Vikings fan because I've grown tired of the negativity bull kockah.

23. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983

24. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Those concerns are all valid. What ring does 4-0 get you? We may not be able to continue winning without a running game. Randy Moss would have been crazy awesome in a GB uniform. The Chargers lost to the Chiefs, The Eagles and Giants have won 1 game, Perhaps we haven't ran into a truly great team this year. I still disagree with the Harrell pick as if we are that close to being contenders why not draft an immediate force or even contributor?

The team is playing well, Brett looks great, and I am ecstatic. However, the NFL is a Marathon not a track meet and some of these concerns may become valid if the Packers fall apart down the stretch, or go 1 and done in the playoffs.

25. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Wow, you need to chill out. I will gladly continue rooting for the Packers. Thanks for the suggestion but I will have to pass. I choose to take 1 game at a time and don't feel the need to prematurely celebrate. If you do, thats fine. I will just ignore your future posts and I am sorry if I offended you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.