Why I disapprove of the job TT is doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
all about da packers said:
You missed my point pyle. These people all have a little faith, and are saying Ted needs time up there.

You need give Ted a chance too.

He has got two more years on his contract, wait until he finishes them to say his tenure was a failure, and it brought back the 80s.

You need to stop being so negative all the time. We get you don't like Ted, but at least show some confidence in his abilities, show some glimer of hope that TT (even by pure fluke) will get some semblance of a winning team back in Green Bay.

I have no problem giving Ted props when he doesn't something. Signing Woodson was a good move but it contradicts his plan.

I will be negative until Ted proves he can win. Until then, I just want him the hell outta here so we can go back to winning divisions and having a shot come playoff time
"Until Ted proves he can win".......geez, how is he supposed to do that when you "want him the hell outta here"???
Like some other guy will come in and ****! Instant Super Bowl contenders!
The Packers IMPROVED from 4-12 (which was a NEW coach, NEW offense) to 8-8.
Now.....if they do WORSE the that this coming year, then you might have a leg to stand on.
Even Ron Wolf took more time to turn the Packers around then you have allowed to TT. Guess you must think it's an easy thing to do. Just WANT to win. SPEND lots of money, and you win the Super Bowl.

Yep, I just want to win. God, how dare I have an attitude like that.

Reaction score
Wait, You are talking about Favre final years. How is Ted giving him any chance to do anything more than what you just said. Is Ted making a push?

Well I think Ted's plan calls for team improvement year to year. By fourth year, I think it isn't unreasonable to expect us to compete for a playoff spot. Which means Brett may get a last (outside) shot at the Superbowl.

You come in with a new GM, well he will want to have things done his way. You can't completely mold a roster that is full of your type of players in only a year, so I think he'll spend a coulpe of years adding and trimming the roster to his delight before we have a defined 'core' group to take us to the future.

I don't see Favre lasting beyond 2 years (and even then, I'm being too optimistic).

Basically, I don't think there is a GM in the NFL that can come in and construct a roster full of players that he wants in less than 2 years. And those two years are essentially a write off IMO...

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But can we really do that right away with Ted gone?

I mean you get in another GM, and he'll spend a couple of years adding 'his players'.

By that time, Favre's last year will be spent on another season where we started from close to scratch, so to speak.

Wait, You are talking about Favre final years. How is Ted giving him any chance to do anything more than what you just said. Is Ted making a push?

by giving him a great defense and youth around him.

4-12 to 8-8 to ? you assume this team isnt anygood and your making remarks about a GM based on what you think might happen.

you really havent the slightest ****in clue what this team will do next year, nor do I. but ive seen improvment from 4-12 to 8-8 in one season... and no reason to think that this team cant improve on that. but since we didnt sign someone with a recognizable name.... we are a crap team.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
But can we really do that right away with Ted gone?

I mean you get in another GM, and he'll spend a couple of years adding 'his players'.

By that time, Favre's last year will be spent on another season where we started from close to scratch, so to speak.

by giving him a great defense and youth around him.

4-12 to 8-8 to ? you assume this team isnt anygood and your making remarks about a GM based on what you think might happen.

you really havent the slightest ****in clue what this team will do next year, nor do I. but ive seen improvment from 4-12 to 8-8 in one season... and no reason to think that this team cant improve on that. but since we didnt sign someone with a recognizable name.... we are a crap team.

Surrounding Favre with youth is "making a push".......Uhhhhhhhh

I don't assume this team is crap, but I do KNOW they are not a serious contender for the SB. Thats all I need to know

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
pyledriver80 said:
You missed my point pyle. These people all have a little faith, and are saying Ted needs time up there.

You need give Ted a chance too.

He has got two more years on his contract, wait until he finishes them to say his tenure was a failure, and it brought back the 80s.

You need to stop being so negative all the time. We get you don't like Ted, but at least show some confidence in his abilities, show some glimer of hope that TT (even by pure fluke) will get some semblance of a winning team back in Green Bay.

I have no problem giving Ted props when he doesn't something. Signing Woodson was a good move but it contradicts his plan.

I will be negative until Ted proves he can win. Until then, I just want him the hell outta here so we can go back to winning divisions and having a shot come playoff time
"Until Ted proves he can win".......geez, how is he supposed to do that when you "want him the hell outta here"???
Like some other guy will come in and ****! Instant Super Bowl contenders!
The Packers IMPROVED from 4-12 (which was a NEW coach, NEW offense) to 8-8.
Now.....if they do WORSE the that this coming year, then you might have a leg to stand on.
Even Ron Wolf took more time to turn the Packers around then you have allowed to TT. Guess you must think it's an easy thing to do. Just WANT to win. SPEND lots of money, and you win the Super Bowl.

Yep, I just want to win. God, how dare I have an attitude like that.
You think Ted doesn't want them to win?
You think I don't want them to win?
Difference is.......I'm willing to give the guy a fair amount of time to do so, you are not.
Why don't you just bounce around from team to team every year, following whoever wins the Super Bowl.
Of course then you wouldn't have anyone to put all that hate on.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hawk, jennings and company are young. why does youth = bad?

your logic amuses me.

ill go back to watching evil cheesey kill you.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hawk, jennings and company are young. why does youth = bad?

your logic amuses me.

ill go back to watching evil cheesey kill you.
You went and BLEW it Trom!!!
NOW I'm laughing!!!LOLOLOL!!! :rotflmao: :thumbsup:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how can you assume this team wont win a superbowl.

they havent even gotten to training camp yet. you cant assume anything.

i bet you assumed the saints would be a terrible team last year too. you really have no clue, yet you think TT needs to be fired EVEN after MM led the team to an 8-8 season from Shermans 4-12

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, we should be able to compare two quite opposite approaches to team building this year to see which one really is the most successful.

San Francisco was 4-12 two years ago and 7-9 last year. They chose to make a number of significant signings in free agency and made some gutsy moves during the draft.

The Packers were 4-12 two years ago and 8-8 last year. They've signed a nickel back in free agency and took the conservative, depth building route in the draft.

We're going to have the opportunity to sit back and watch which approach worked best.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, we should be able to compare two quite opposite approaches to team building this year to see which one really is the most successful.

San Francisco was 4-12 two years ago and 7-9 last year. They chose to make a number of significant signings in free agency and made some gutsy moves during the draft.

The Packers were 4-12 two years ago and 8-8 last year. They've signed a nickel back in free agency and took the conservative, depth building route in the draft.

We're going to have the opportunity to sit back and watch which approach worked best.

That's an interesting comparison, although it will be more telling to see how the teams compare over the course of the next 2-3 years, instead of just this year.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digs, if you read my post, I am criticizing TT's action this offseason. I may not have been clear enough on this. There is no doubt that the roster was aging in 2004, and we needed some young talent. My point is that we should be done with that phase by now. We didn't need to gut the entire roster and put in a 6 year plan. We could have taken another shot by next year IMO.

Ok Fellows.... I am at home I got a couple of shots of real good tequila and guess what???

I am sorry for this situation we have come all the way to a position in which we are polarized, it seems that there is 2 diffrent groups that agree in between thier member and disagree with the other group.

It will be great if all of us could get into a position in which we will be able to aknowledge what Brett has done and can do now, and in which we can aknowledge what Teddy has done and can do now.

I think Brett gives us and outstanding position to win now, I think this year TT should have gone for the full enchilada.

I am going to give it to Trom, there is still time in FA and MAYBE some of this 2007 picks will pan out, maybe..

I have decided not to get into arguments until the season opener, after that I will be very crytical of both Favre and TT.

I loved your post hoos, to bad we find it that hard to be in the middle... :thumbsup:

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

:thumbsup: i bet 49ers make the playoffs 10-6, GB 8-8

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me.........like i have stated all along (don't want to be labeled a hypocrite again) that i am in the middle. I don't hate OR love TT. I just believe in giving the guy an honest chance.
After all, in the end, does what ANY of us on this site think really matter to the Packer organization? Nope.......it's ALL just our own opinions.
Pyle and a few others calling for TT's head won't make any more difference then my saying give him a fair chance. They are gonna do what they are gonna do reguardless of how much we argue.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep...the 49ers WILL probably make the playoffs before, or go further in the playoffs than, the Packers. They blew up their team and began the rebuilding process 2 years before us.

There is a timeline to these things...

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep...the 49ers WILL probably make the playoffs before, or go further in the playoffs than, the Packers. They blew up their team and began the rebuilding process 2 years before us.

There is a timeline to these things...
Since 2000, they've had 5 top 15 picks. I'd be pretty depressed as an organization if we had that level of poor performance and weren't good 7 years later.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packers 10-6
49ers 9-7

spending money doesnt always equal wins... especially when you arent solid at QB. just ask the redskins. their o-line and d-line still need a lot of help i think.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packers 10-6
49ers 9-7

spending money doesnt always equal wins... especially when you arent solid at QB. just ask the redskins. their o-line and d-line still need a lot of help i think.

That will be the point when Teddy will wish to spend the money we wont hav Brett anymore, and I dont see AR as the kind of guy who will win a SB, not at all.

This is why Teddy wont make it, he might built a perenial 8-8 9-7, maybe even a 10-6 team that might make the playoffs one other season but he will never make a SB team, hi character wont let him take the necesary risks to do so.

Time will tell.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, you have his character down so well you can predict the future. How many times have you hung out with TT? I'm jealous.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how Pyle and others CREDITS MS for a 10-6 year in '04 but puts all the blame for 4-12 on TT when MS was still the HC and 95% of the players were HIS GUYS.

You want to elude to TT surrounding MS's good players left over with "NFL EUROPE" talent when in reality he had NO CHOICE but to play Digg's, Lenon, Carroll, and a horshit "D" line which were all the OTHER guys from the MS era you don't want to talk about.

TT didn't have any MONEY or an opportunity to effect any significant changes in personnel until '06 and all of this is documented on the rosters of these two years.

What's ironic is that when the chance to effect change presented itself TT immediately began shedding the roster of "europe guys" for the Woodsons, Hawks, Picketts, etc.

The thing that TT haters like Pyle and others will NEVER publicly recognize is that during a time of change over and I'm talking about replacing the "old guard" offensive line with new guys which is a very difficult task, TT went EIGHT AND EIGHT.

Eight and eight during a time when the entire middle of the "0" line has gone from old to new and a time when our defense went from seriously **** poor to one most teams won't want to face.

Just as importantly this team went from old to young and the core of this team is set for years to come with no issues of flight risks robbing our talent pool anytime soon.

Some here also want people to believe that young players that have shown they can hold their own against much more experienced guys "doesn't mean they will get better". Yeah right. Like I'm going to bite into that one.

This team is going to be better in '07 because the players BROUGHT UP THRU THE SYSTEM are gaining experience and will produce at a higher level than the previous year.

That is the SYSTEM people here have eluded to that has worked so prolifically for other teams. It's called the "your dreaming if you think two or three guys can fix it" system.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how Pyle and others CREDITS MS for a 10-6 year in '04 but puts all the blame for 4-12 on TT when MS was still the HC and 95% of the players were HIS GUYS.

You want to elude to TT surrounding MS's good players left over with "NFL EUROPE" talent when in reality he had NO CHOICE but to play Digg's, Lenon, Carroll, and a horshit "D" line which were all the OTHER guys from the MS era you don't want to talk about.

TT didn't have any MONEY or an opportunity to effect any significant changes in personnel until '06 and all of this is documented on the rosters of these two years.

What's ironic is that when the chance to effect change presented itself TT immediately began shedding the roster of "europe guys" for the Woodsons, Hawks, Picketts, etc.

The thing that TT haters like Pyle and others will NEVER publicly recognize is that during a time of change over and I'm talking about replacing the "old guard" offensive line with new guys which is a very difficult task, TT went EIGHT AND EIGHT.

Eight and eight during a time when the entire middle of the "0" line has gone from old to new and a time when our defense went from seriously **** poor to one most teams won't want to face.

Just as importantly this team went from old to young and the core of this team is set for years to come with no issues of flight risks robbing our talent pool anytime soon.

Some here also want people to believe that young players that have shown they can hold their own against much more experienced guys "doesn't mean they will get better". Yeah right. Like I'm going to bite into that one.

This team is going to be better in '07 because the players BROUGHT UP THRU THE SYSTEM are gaining experience and will produce at a higher level than the previous year.

That is the SYSTEM people here have eluded to that has worked so prolifically for other teams. It's called the "your dreaming if you think two or three guys can fix it" system.

I blame the 4-12 season on TT letting two all pro G go to free agency

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all pro guards... in the past tense there fella. do you drink milk after the expiration date too?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrow is right (about the first and third part of his post anyway). The 4-12 season came about because Javon Walker went down in week one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts