1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Why I am not worried about the 49ers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Lunchboxer, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    With that defense of theirs? Yeah I would worry. But, not now. Maybe in January?

On the flip side they would be worried too, hard to beat a good team and great QB twice in one season.

2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I would worry about them. They are right now one of the 3 best teams in the NFC without a doubt. It's one thing to underestimate their offense but do not underestimate their defense. Unless something drastically changes and it's way too early in the season to be projecting this far, they will be contenders this year.

3. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +827
    I'm pretty sure the Vikings will take care of the Niners this weekend. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,174
    Somehow I get this image of a purple groundhog sitting on a train rail shaking it's fist at the oncoming locomotive...it can't end pretty.

5. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    I would love to see the Vikings first play of the game be a long pass to their speedy WR Wright going down the sidelines. The Niners would be stunned. With our coach, it will never happen. Be surprised if he try's it at during the game.

6. bobgodd

bobgodd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    I wouldn't say never. On the Vikes first possession of our preseason game Ponder went deep right over the middle of the field.

7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I know you intended that as sarcasm but stranger things have happened. If there is an huge upset this weekend, I'm blaming you.

8. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Any given Sunday folks. Just like KC beating us last season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    Jarius Wright is expected to play. He's not very tall but he is very fast. We shall see if they try to get him downfield a few times.

10. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,060
    I'm of the opinion that the Vikes could surprise the 9'ers and you know how they'll do it? By running right into the heart of that vaunted defense - running right AT the beast and I'm not just bleating neither. The team that beats those guys, and I mean BEATS them, crams the ball down their throat. I recognize that is simplistic and easy to talk about but unless an opponent beats them at their own game, they're not going to have a lot of success. I also recognize that a diehard 9'er fan is going to say "don't hold your breath"... but I've watched it happen and I love watching games like that. If any team is sitting around waiting for the new Alex Smith to make mistakes ... they're just going to be notching one up in the "L" column...and depending on Ponder isn't a game plan, it's a pipe dream.

11. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    The niners have given up three rushing td's in two years. I do agree that the team that beats them has to come out and be as physical as they are.

12. HansGruber

HansGruber Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Y'all won't get a chance for a rematch with the 49ers 'cuz they gotta get through us to get to the playoffs and we're going to beat their @$$es.

13. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Troll

14. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    man looks like my feeling may come true.......

15. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    For once I'm rooting for the Vikes.

16. _Xyn

_Xyn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Wow Lunchboxer! For once in your life, other than your infamous Badger halftime prediction(hehe =) ) I was going to make a similar thread! I really agree it was only game one of the season, and as we all know, what it comes down to is if were hot and going during the playoffs.

I do have one concern though, I believe our defense improved and our offensive line may have improved(Possibly), our passing game is lacking from last year and before. I really thought the Bears was the team we would get it going, although we really didn't that much. Still hoping we just "need to get it going", maybe Seattle we will rise to the occasion but I doubt it. Our offense probably may not be able to repeat last season, and I need to get used to games being as close as they are.

17. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    Sure hope the last two minutes go in your favor..

18. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    And you were correct.

Man you predicted right on that one.

19. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76

Hey that Badger halftime prediction was based on solid data at the time. I had ever reason to call it.

But it feels good getting something right.

Could the 49ner viking game be our Pack at Chiefs game last year?

20. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    Now the fans and the team might be brought back down to reality? Or did this really piss them off

21. _Xyn

_Xyn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Agreed! But I do think we need to improve our offense to compete as much as last year or 2011, our chances haven't decreased at all. We still have much of a chance as 2011, and last year, mark my words.

Hate to be the buzz killer, but I learned regular season doesn't mean **** other than records. Like last season we can go 15-1, one short of the perfect season, and become forgotten. BUT, ARod did set record numbers, we will be remembered by that! This year i'm looking forward to ARod improving his season stats(Not doing great...), but Mathews breaking the sack record(He could by alot).

If you don't win the superbowl, you won't be remembered. If you break a record, you will. Most people say records don't matter, but I will beg to differ. It defines a challenge. Many people have played the game, a record isn't something to look down upon.

Let me know how you agree. If not, I guess we need to agree to disagree. Not like I still don't enjoy football.

22. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Or just maybe they aren't quite as good as we, their fans and they think they are?

Speaking of pissed off I love it when Harbaugh gets into a rage. I hope the regular officials get back soon and shut up his pie hole.

23. _Xyn

_Xyn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Why even give the 49'er fan attention? ;p

Losing to the Vikings speaks enough ;D We lost to the 49'ers, acceptable, but the VIKINGS. Oh jesus, I would kill the season.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    Make that completely sure!!

25. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Greatest of All-Time

Ratings:
    +161
    49ers can be beat, they were exposed a litte today.