Why have the Packers abandoned the run?

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm part of the take what the defence gives you crowd. Just look at the other team yesterday. It didn't make much sence for the Chargers to keep trying to run because everytime they did there were 4 Packers in the backfield. I do think it's important to establish a run game but I get mad when coaches are so stubborn that even after the last 6 attempts have been stopped for a loss they keep handing off because that's what they "should" do. It takes time for any back to get use to the NFL speed and trying to stay patient no matter how well he's use to the scheme. Getting Morency should help pick thing up but for now against the Vikes
It's Air Time

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching the AUBURN vs. Kansas State Game earlier this month. The announcer said K-State uses the short pass in lieu of the running game. I thought...I have never hears such a thing. But, think about it...those 5 yard slant passes are just as good as SAMKON Gado or Ahman getting them up the middle. SO...in retrospect...keep passing and who cares about the run...if we get the W.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am kind of on the fence in this argument.

I agree that the passing game is the strength of our offense and with the matchups we have had thus far this year, this has played into the weakness of the opposing defenses. As a result, our gameplans have been pass heavy.

I controlled passing game can in many ways take the place of the run, however, it is also much riskier than an effective run game(incompletions stopping the clock, interceptions, etc.)

At some point this season, GB will have to establish at least an average running game, as they will face matchups not favorable to heavy passing. They will also find situations where it is prudent to run time off the clock through the ground or need to pound a yard or two on the ground in a critical situation.

I do not seeing our running game being above average at any point this year, but hopefully with the young backs maturing and hopefully Morency returning we can feature a more balanced or possibly run heavy attack when situations warrant at some point this season and not be exposed as lacking the tools to pull this off.

Members online

Latest posts