Why hasn't Rodgers been putting on the belt this year?

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I can only recall one time where he's done his TD belt celebration this year, why did he stop? I remember it pumped everyone up and it seemed to show his added passion for the game, I loved seeing it. On a separate note I HOPE we see some of the Giants player mocking the move, because in every single game where an opponent puts on the belt, they have lost.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now that we have won the Super Bowl, it would be viewed as bragging. There's a reason he sold it to State Farm. He doesn't intend to use it anymore.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's only had like 3 rushing TD's this year. I'm pretty sure he did it for one of one's in the Denver game, and the other wasn't ruled a TD right away so he didn't do it right then. Then he had a rushing TD against KC, but we were losing to KC so it makes sense that he didn't need to celebrate then. I also think he said something about trying to stay away from it a bit this year because some people were taking it the wrong way.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard him say in an interview last week with either Cowherd or Van Pelt that he has purposely stopped doing it. Don't remember why though. Got to be a little too high profile, I think he said. But I don't remember for sure.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard him say in an interview last week with either Cowherd or Van Pelt that he has purposely stopped doing it. Don't remember why though. Got to be a little too high profile, I think he said. But I don't remember for sure.

The commercials might be part of that high profile lol

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but the commercials didn't come out until mid-season. He hasn't done it all year. I'm assuming he was referring the to reaction he began to get from it on field.

Reaction score
I think he's only had like 3 rushing TD's this year. I'm pretty sure he did it for one of one's in the Denver game, and the other wasn't ruled a TD right away so he didn't do it right then. Then he had a rushing TD against KC, but we were losing to KC so it makes sense that he didn't need to celebrate then. I also think he said something about trying to stay away from it a bit this year because some people were taking it the wrong way.
100% correct. He said this in his "Tuesday's with Aaron" radio segment.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, i could see that point. jared allen needs to get the hint...that rope move he does is about as backwoods retarded as it gets.

I think that's why he likes it. He embraces the dumbsh*t jock image like no other top-tier athlete I've ever seen! lol. I like the guy.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I heard/read somewhere that A-Rod was stopping the belt thing and switching to something else.
I wish he didn't stop the belt thing.
I like it and it's very unique.
And it started a trend for fans to bring title belts to the stands for other teams and sports.
It was really awesome to see Aaron get a real one during the trophy celebration.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Before we won the SB, it was a prediction. After we won it, to use it would be more of a taunt. That pretty much sums it up.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except that it wasn't a prediction. Rodgers stated several times that he started doing it years ago while on the practice squad behind Favre. When Aaron ran the scout teams and succeeded, it was a comical way to show his pride in beating the 1st team. Rodgers quirky sense of humor and it was more of a funny thing for him to do around his teammates. Rodgers isn't a spotlight type of guy, so continuing to do it once the fans and media latched on probably took the fun out of it.

I don't embrace trends myself, so if I were in Rodgers shoes, I probably would have stopped too. Who wants to be forever known as the guy who does the belt dance thingy? He's an elite quarterback.

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the belt was just for last year! Love it though when the opposing guys does it and then they loose (which is all the time). I like the knuckle thing the WR's and Aaron do!

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Probably because it's being done to death by opposing players, in commercials, and by Rodgers.

He might bust it out on a rushing TD here and there but I don't see him doing frequently anymore. It's a shame it was cool last year and the years before when he started doing it, but now anytime a team is playing the Packers if an opposing player gets a sack, a hurry a big hit, a TD, a big run they do it. It's annoying now.

N

NYGIANTS141

I thought it was pretty cool last year. Caught my attention and i thought it was unique and got the team going. I understand why he would stop it now because its being abused by everyone who makes a play against them. Classy decision in my opinion.

Members online