Why Don't we have hot Cheerleaders!?

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a NJ resident, so I see the JETS "flight crew" all the time...Is it possible for us to be a sexier organization bringing the cheerleaders back?!?! I think that would be great!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers.com » History » Fast Facts » Packers Cheerleaders

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Packers Cheerleaders

The Green Bay Packers once had official cheerleaders, but after the 1988 season the decision was made not to reinstate them. While some Packers fans supported the official cheerleaders, many were opposed or indifferent, at best.

Helping the Packers make the decision to discontinue the program was a television news poll in which fans were generally split over whether they wanted the program to continue.

Then the Packers' executive vice president of administration, Bob Harlan was quoted in an official release Feb. 7, 1989, saying: "In general terms, the poll disclosed there were as many fans who expressed opposition to the return of the cheerleaders as there were those in favor of restoring them. On that basis, we felt the appropriate decision at this time would be to continue without them."

At this time, there are no plans to return to official cheerleaders.

For several years, the team has used cheering squads from two local schools, St. Norbert College in De Pere, Wis., and the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay. Compared to other stadiums, though, they are not as much a part of the gameday experience at Lambeau Field.

Last Updated: 08/12/09

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheerleaders? We don't need no stinkin' cheerleaders...
There is plenty to cheer about whenever my green & gold is on the field!
Cheerleaders are for franchises that can't rely solely on football to entertain the fans, and for franchises desperate to attract fairweather fans that they put barely naked hot women on the sidelines.

Not our case.

Almost everybody loves barely naked women shaking their ***, don't get me wrong. But when my Packers play, I watch them play and nothing else.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Cheerleaders are for franchises that can't rely solely on football to entertain the fans, and for franchises desperate to attract fairweather fans that they put barely naked hot women on the sidelines.

Not our case.

Almost everybody loves barely naked women shaking their ***, don't get me wrong. But when my Packers play, I watch them play and nothing else.
Amen Brother!

vegasdan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too dangerous. The turff now has artificial fibers mixed in with the real grass. If the cheerleaders started grazing they could get poisoned.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not our case.

Haha very true. It's like that special from NFL network about those teams who turn on smoke when coming out of the tunnel. The irony is that all the teams that do use that are teams who barely go to the playoffs or never quite make it to the Superbowl. It's all a gimmick.

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not be opposed to a cheerleading group that was a true college cheereleading group. I think it's the Ravens or the Titans that have an outstanding college type cheerleading crew like an allstar college group. Not just a dance squad with big boobs. Cheerleaders do add to the spectacle so I won't sell them short. I love good college cheereleaders like USC or Texas. That would add to the games.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seriously doubt any young woman would want to wear a skimpy **** outfit in Green Bay Wisconsin in late November! :eek: As a woman my self, I know I wouldn't!! ;)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I'm a NJ resident, so I see the JETS "flight crew" all the time...Is it possible for us to be a sexier organization bringing the cheerleaders back?!?! I think that would be great!
Never been to Wisconsin and seen the women have you? Otherwise you would know why!:happy0005:

All kidding aside, I always wondered why the Packers didn't have cheerleaders. I think for the people in the stands it gives them something to do while they have the TV timeouts that seem to last forever. Which is one of my biggest gripes in watching football in the stadiums. The do nothing time. At least at home I can hit the kitchen for more chips and beer.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never been to Wisconsin and seen the women have you? Otherwise you would know why!:happy0005:

All kidding aside, I always wondered why the Packers didn't have cheerleaders. I think for the people in the stands it gives them something to do while they have the TV timeouts that seem to last forever. Which is one of my biggest gripes in watching football in the stadiums. The do nothing time. At least at home I can hit the kitchen for more chips and beer.

At one time we did but nothing like the cheerleaders for other NFL teams have today like the Cowboys, etc. Back in the 1970's we had a pom pom squad and my sister was one. Of course now they have the cheerleading squads from UWGB and St. Norbert College lead the cheers on the sidelines.

Green Bay Packers Cheerleaders | Ask.com Encyclopedia

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lambeau field is a sacred place for Packer fans. It was where I learned to pray. I mean, do you really want a T&A show in your church?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just how many fans in a stadium of thousands where they are watching the action ON not OFF the field are being influenced by cheer leaders anyway?

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Not our case.

In the old days (when I was younger), they used cheerleaders from Green Bay High Schools.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They still do. I think some might be from ripon college. Not sure. Never really pay attention to them as crazy as it sounds.

Members online

Latest posts