Why doesn't anyone like Vernand Morency?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Why doesn't anyone like Vernand Morrency?

I like him and you could easly tell he is a lot faster and quicker then Green. I wouldnt mind if he is our starter next year, just have him split time with people.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think i replied to both threads on this! :thumbsup:
I really think Morency will do well, if given the chance. So far he hasn't been given that chance in the NFL, to prove himself. It sounds like he is REALLY looking forward to showing what he can do.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that TT did not get into a big sweat over losing Green in part because he likes Mo and also because of Beech and Pope. Both of those guys have the running style to be affective in the ZB scheme.

I predict one of those two will come out of the competition pushing Mo and turning Herron into a 3rd down back only.

I do not believe they will ask Mo to carry it that much and expect to see fresh backs in there that can produce and whoever's hot will get the most carries.

There is also a more straight forward pounding offense that did not get installed last year to not overload the young guys. This can be used against "D"s that can be overpowered which will be invaluable because we had to play to these teams strengths last year.

If a "D" can defend the zone they can usually be overpowered. It's one or the other. That's why MM has both offenses in the playbook. We will see more of it this year.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reminds me alot of ******.

Raider Pride said:
"Lack Of Speed."

you don't want him run 20+ times a game

But there is much more to playing running back than running the ball. Blitz pickups, hot reads, route running and supporting the passing game are included. Blitz pick up is the most critical, I would like someone with a little experience protecting Brett until he (Morrency) proves that he can handle it.

Morrency needs to work on his blitz pickup

I think better players can be acquired until Morrency is no longer a Packer.

MNPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they need someone for short yardage situations. I do not think Morency has shown he can get the 1-2 tough yards blasting through people like green could.

Members online

Latest posts