Why does TT need to Sign a namely FA

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why bottom line is not for Favre but for the fans. The signing of Big FA's (at reasonable Prices) creates excitement. The more excitement the positivity it creates. Lambeau Field has been what I would call quite the last 4 years. Fans really had nothing to get excited about. The Packers would win more than they would lose and that became habit.

Now after a 4-12 season the Fans are unspoiled no longer is there a certainty of a winning season or playoff berth. Thompson would be wise to look at Ron Wolf. While he did excel in the Draft he was even more deft in the FA market. TT has got to balance the need to build on the Future as well as create for the now. No Fan wants to trudge through another 4-12 6-10 7-9 season to bring along a young QB. Thompson was lucky in Seattle were he did not have to build that much to create a competetive team.

I also believe this team is not that far off from a productive season. The D looks to be turning a corner. The Offense has sputtered but with a tune up here and there it will be ok. I will stand by my prediction of a 10-6 season without Brett and a 12 and 4 season with him.

So I say TT go ahead and make the splash with Arrington or Woodson Create some mystique with the team.

And for those who say that we need offensive not D help look at the Superbowl years. The O was good but the D was alot better.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good positive post Jb, I too believe that we are not that far off from a productive season but the bottom line is it's time fot TT to get some key players to sign on the dotted line to make this happen !!!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all due respect, This isn't Arizona. I don't think that we have to worry about drawing in fans. Lambeau still rocks and is the best place on earth. Signing a Free-Agent is not going to make it louder because we will cheer no matter if its Barry Sanders or Noah Herron.

Your first statement kind of caught be off guard. You want GB to sign a BIG NAME free agent at a reasonable price? Forget it, there are no REASONABLE PRICES with these guys. The truth is you have to OVERPAY for the BIG NAME.

Pittsburgh won a SB without any MYSTIQUE or BIG NAME FREE AGENT.

I do appreciate your honesty though. I think most of the guys that say we should sign all these big name players want it done for the same reason you do. Not so much because it really helps the team but because they want to rush out and get a WOODSON jersey. C'Mon you know you guys want to strut around in a jersey that says OWENS on the back........YUCK!

I personally hate those kind of players. They are bad examples of what true leaders should be. They effect the youth in a negative way. I am not talking so much about Woodson or Arrington as I am Owens, but all 3 have been connsidered cancers.

I will support Arrington, I will support Woodson but NEVER Owens, which I no longer have to worry about.

If they come here and play thier game and shut thier mouths I would be fine with them. All I ask is that you don't excessively overpay them.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
With all due respect, This isn't Arizona. I don't think that we have to worry about drawing in fans. Lambeau still rocks and is the best place on earth. Signing a Free-Agent is not going to make it louder because we will cheer no matter if its Barry Sanders or Noah Herron.

Your first statement kind of caught be off guard. You want GB to sign a BIG NAME free agent at a reasonable price? Forget it, there are no REASONABLE PRICES with these guys. The truth is you have to OVERPAY for the BIG NAME.

I do appreciate your honesty though. I think most of the guys that say we should sign all these big name players want it done for the same reason you do. Not so much because it really helps the team but because they want to rush out and get a WOODSON jersey. C'Mon you know you guys want to strut around in a jersey that says OWENS on the back........YUCK!

I personally hate those kind of players. They are bad examples of what true leaders should be. They effect the youth in a negative way. I am not talking so much about Woodson or Arrington as I am Owens, but all 3 have been connsidered cancers.

I will support Arrington, I will support Woodson but NEVER Owens, which I no longer have to worry about.

If they come here and play thier game and shut thier mouths I would be fine with them. All I ask is that you don't excessively overpay them.

I think Pyle you missed the intent of the post.

Reasonable price do you think Reggie came at a reasonable price? I do while morally we all love the feel good story of Reggie being of a Mission From God it was still a little about money. He was excited to be in GB and I gaurentee you that He had a smidgen of influence on how excited Fans were. When I say reasonable I really mean justifiable.

And I never said that GB or Lambeau had lost its luster but it is defintely differant than years past even excluding last year. I also dont believe I compared the revenue giant that GB is compared to Arizona.

I agree that OWENS Walker and others in the Sport are Tools but football is not the only nesting place for thier ILK and Owens is a mute point anyway. Walker I am sure as soon as time passes and he realizes he did more to make him look like a chump than Brett ever did he will tone it way down.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
JbShell said:
pyledriver80 said:

I think Pyle you missed the intent of the post.

Reasonable price do you think Reggie came at a reasonable price? I do while morally we all love the feel good story of Reggie being of a Mission From God it was still a little about money. He was excited to be in GB and I gaurentee you that He had a smidgen of influence on how excited Fans were. When I say reasonable I really mean justifiable.

And I never said that GB or Lambeau had lost its luster but it is defintely differant than years past even excluding last year. I also dont believe I compared the revenue giant that GB is compared to Arizona.

I agree that OWENS Walker and others in the Sport are Tools but football is not the only nesting place for thier ILK and Owens is a mute point anyway. Walker I am sure as soon as time passes and he realizes he did more to make him look like a chump than Brett ever did he will tone it way down.

skins an niners offered more money than the pacvk did for reggie...almost positive

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree they did Zero was just stating that Reggie made his decision on many many factors including but not limited to money. I also believe that the differance in the contract he got from GB and the one he would have gotten from the niners were not that far off I could be wrong though

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
JbShell said:
I agree they did Zero was just stating that Reggie made his decision on many many factors including but not limited to money. I also believe that the differance in the contract he got from GB and the one he would have gotten from the niners were not that far off I could be wrong though

Oops :oops:

I thought you were saying Reggie came to GB soley for money and the Packers outbid other teams via money. (thats what i get for eating wings an reading at the same time!)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said..

I admit it....

I wanted to rush out and get my "OWENS" jersey in Green and Gold....

(damn TT...ruined my plans..!)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah but Reggie was great before coming to GB. You knew for 100% what you were getting with him. Arrington and Woodson have some question marks.

You also need to realize that Reggie was a god-fearing family man. He may have chose GB for a number of reasons but I am sure it did not revolve around the nightlife. It's going to cost nothing but GREEN to get Woodson or Arrington here. Arrington has been pursued by several other teams but he just wants WAY to much money. Woodson would probably like the TB weather and Nightlife over GB. Tight Teddy better break out the money if he expects to lure them here.

We are going to have to pay for these guys. I just don't know if its worth it or not. I am not opposed to it, but these are not Reggie Whites here.

Anyways it seemed your point was we should bring in these guys for the fans. Thats exactly what your first sentence suggests. I was not comparing Arizona's revenue at all, I was just simply pointing out that GB fans are going to be fans no matter what. We created excitement last year and we stunk. We will do it again this year Woodson,Arrington or not.

I will let TT decide if Arrington or Woodson belongs on this team at th price they command. Either way however I will still root for them the same.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First Reggie came here for Favre. And I do think that we need to bring in at least woodson possibly Arrington. It helps the team and creates oppurtunity in the draft. So we can fill all the holes.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
pyledriver80 said..

I admit it....

I wanted to rush out and get my "OWENS" jersey in Green and Gold....

(damn TT...ruined my plans..!)

Mee too unless it had #4 on the back !!!!!

I bet we would have sold 10,000 times more "OWENS" jerseys that the total amount that we will sell with "Boerigter" and "Manuel",

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think before we get too excited we should take a page from the Vikings Fan Book. They have how many times signed 'big' free agents only to suck again.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think before we get too excited we should take a page from the Vikings Fan Book. They have how many times signed 'big' free agents only to suck again.

Who cares it the Queens I hope they keep doing it!!!

Drive there team into the ground themselves

Its a risk everyone takes just like in the draft a bust can happen anytime with anyone.

We need Arrington!!!!!! please TT

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, I can see people scrambling to get an Arrington jersey. I'd rather have Woodson I guess. We can always draft Hawk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts