Why does it take this team so long to figure things out?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guard experiment is a bust. Why has it taken the coaching staff so long to realize this? The holder can't hold, he's too inconsistent, why does it take this coaching staff so long to realize this? Ahamad Carroll can't play, why does it take this coaching staff so long to realize that? The play calling in the second half was again awful, it looked like we were playing not to lose instead of playing to bury them, why does it take this coaching staff so long to realize that? You have the best quarterback in the game, why do you run a third down play with a third string running back instead of putting this game in the hands of Brett? Why does this happen game after game? And here is the biggie: Almost ever fan in Wisconsin knows this, how is it that our professional coaching staff doesn't know this? I am amazed. Sherman should be fired before the plane hits the ground in Green Bay and if he isn't, the Harlan should fire Thompson.

pkrfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We desperatly need a coach. The Packer organization screwed Bret this year. I wouldn't blame him if he hangs it up after this year. No line for protection...and btw....you get what you pay for! What did we do to improve on a failing organization from last year...yes I know we won the division but we were not Super material and shouldn't that have been our goal this year...instead we get rid of a line that has worked together for years...and no defensive improvement whatsoever. I say fire Thompson!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pkrfan said:
We desperatly need a coach. The Packer organization screwed Bret this year. I wouldn't blame him if he hangs it up after this year. No line for protection...and btw....you get what you pay for! What did we do to improve on a failing organization from last year...yes I know we won the division but we were not Super material and shouldn't that have been our goal this year...instead we get rid of a line that has worked together for years...and no defensive improvement whatsoever. I say fire Thompson!

lets just clean house.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pkrfan...the packers did not screw over Brett. He is 1/52 of the roster, and the TT et al need to do what is best for the organization...not 2% of the roster.

MS felt that giving it a final go while Brett was around was the best idea...so he payed a lot for the o-line, and tried to piece together a defense by paying a lot for guys like JJ, KGB, and Harris. As a result of his efforts to win while Brett was around, the Packers have some salary cap issues now.

TT decided it was best to start over. I'm not ecstatic about it, but it's what he chose to do. In the long run, I trust TT will build a winner, but he sacrificed this year, and maybe the next 2 or so in the process.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pkrfan said:
I say fire Thompson!

now come on

so his philosophy and objectives dont' include "win superbowl 40"...thompson has a lot of front office experience and he is trying to rebuild this team...drafting young talent, next year we actually have cap space because we dont spend money on joe johnson or jamal reynolds anymore...we're not going to pay ahman green or najeh davenport anything, sign some offensive talent, draft some defensive talent, and let thompson's draft classes start to pay off for us...

I wouldn't say he put the team in this hole, ahman green's demise was completely unforeseen, davenport and walker getting hurt, if we have those ingredients working for us, the close losses could just as easily be W's...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Musscy,

I can't believe you continue to defend Sherman the you do...

I mean..really..it's getting embarrassing....

How many coaches today have HOF QB's to build a team around in 5 years....?

You have to ask yourself..why couldn't Sherman get it done?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why didn't Shula get it done with Marino? Maybe because there is more to football than just a head coach and a QB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts