Why does Donovan McNabb...

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
constantly have to say that he is the "leader" of the Philadelphia Eagles?

I mean, it's ridiculous. The guy seems so frigging self-conscious about it.

McNabb was very candid talking about his role as a leader, something he said that not everyone is cut out to do.

"I think leaders are born," McNabb said. "I don't think it's something you grow into. I think it's something that not everyone can become because it's not just being a vocal leader. It's not just being a rah-rah guy. It's a guy that sets the tone, able to lead by example, by his actions and in some cases, if he has to, by his words. That's something I take pride in."

Can you imagine if Brett Favre said this crap? Unbelievable.

Of course he's hte leader. Why is it even an issue?

I don't understand what the hell is going on over there in Philadelphia? Anyone know?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TA...I have been noticing the same thing in recent months.

Sounds like he is trying to sell himself on the notion as well as the team he presumeably leads. Very self-conscious.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah...sour grapes on his part. can't get the bad TO taste outta his mouth, so to speak. i think he's trying to convince HIMSELF that he's a leader. good luck with that donny boy. :)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been going on since he became the starting QB. Donovan McNabb is very self-concious about his "lack of leadership", as is Andy Reid. The less you act like a true leader the more you've got to try to convince people of it. I've watched Andy Reid over and over try to convince Philly fans and media what a great player and leader McNabb is. Watch the play calling of the eagles also. It is all designed to make things as easy as possible for McNabb. He rarely throws the ball downfield. It is all dump passes yac. Watch Philly on first and goal from inside the three. Most of the time they will go play action to get McNabb an easy TD pass. Watch McNabb on the sideline as he tries to convey what a happy go lucky loose guy he really is. He really overdoes it to the point of embarassment.

T.O. is not the first player to question McNabbs ability to lead. It's all over that clubhouse. Hank Fraley accidentally mentioned that McNabb was "sick" during the Super Bowl. Now Fraley lost his starting job to a stiff from Delaware State and is on his way outta town. Andy Reid will do ANYTHING to protect McNabb's psychy. It's pretty f***ing hard to lead a team in the Super Bowl when you are puking through your facemask!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because last year a healthy locker room was divided straight down the middle caused by the cancer that is Terrell Owens.

But yeah, GB shoulda got him.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Becaust as they say actions speak louder than words.

He has to say it because his actions aren't showing it.

OR

Maybe he's saying it to remind himself to ACT like one.

OP
OP
T

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
because last year a healthy locker room was divided straight down the middle caused by the cancer that is Terrell Owens.

Hey, finally a post that makes sense!

Green Bay should have gotten him. Favre would have kept him in line.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love that reasoning. He couldnt even keep Walker in line.

TO is 100X worse than Walker.

You guys are amazing(ly stupid)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker was a jerk. No one can force a grown man to BE a man if he wants to throw a hissy fit. I hope Walker falls on his butt in Denver. He is T. Owens "Mini ME"! 8)

Anyway.......i have NEVER been impressed with McNabb. He's an OK QB, but i don't think he's THAT special. Just my opinion.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Having a bad day trom? From Chicago it probably LOOKED like a "healthy locker room". Here in the Philly area everyone knows it was not.

But then again.....maybe in Madden 2006 it looked healthy :roll:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, all reports i heard was the locker room was great before T.O.

but you live in the area, so that naturally means you were inside the locker room and know more about it. right. :roll:

And its Madden 2007, *******!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW...how would Madden 2007 know about the locker room before the 2006 season? That really is advanced!

Keep up the name calling. I'll miss you.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
truth hurts, doesnt it?

and madden 2007 has the online mode, where it tells you everything!

Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
all about da packers said:
arrowgargantuan said:
ahhh whats the point.

:(

One can only do so much...

i posted that BEFORE i saw the Packer Forum.

what a mess, i wish it looked like this.

People can't learn to IGNORE, instead they act like kids by attacking others, then whine like new borns when it is put to an end or they get a taste of their own medicine. :|

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts